Wait...it's worth how much?!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This has never happened to me with a game but I just found out that a movie I own called "Death, Deceit, and Destiny Aboard the Orient Express" is currently worth $42. I bought it new for $3 less than 4 months ago and it was worthless then!

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Irridium said:
Frequen-Z said:
Enter The Matrix got me 20p.
When I tried trading it in they only offered me $1.

I'm not even kidding.
The lowest I ever had from a trade was...Two Worlds.

I think I got about $7 for it

Apr 28, 2008
WrongSprite said:
$1 is more than 20p...

Anyway, I got plenty for CoD4, but that's to be expected really.

Everything else I've got not much for....
Machines said:
20p is around 35 cents.
Really? Huh...

Sorry, didn't know that...

But still, its bullcrap!

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Irridium said:
WrongSprite said:
$1 is more than 20p...

Anyway, I got plenty for CoD4, but that's to be expected really.

Everything else I've got not much for....
Machines said:
20p is around 35 cents.
Really? Huh...

Sorry, didn't know that...

But still, its bullcrap!
Agreed. Although if people refused to trade until the prices were reasonable thn they'd get their monies worth.

I especially dislike this rule about one traded game per purchase, it never used to be like that when I traded games.

I just sell mine on Ebay now, I usually recover between half and two thirds of what I paid so it's not all bad.

MasterMongoose0

Nov 3, 2009
Pokemon games are always going to worth a large amount (I'm talking the core ones, not the spin-offs). Any single GBA or DS one will be over $10. They used to be $20 for the longest time...

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I traded in UFC for double what I expected so that was a nice surprise.

I also went to game and asked how much is was to trade in a game (I can't remember which one) he told me £15 but when he gave me the discount on L4D2 he gave me the price of the game in store off, which was £25. I obviously quickly left the store.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I bought MKU vs DCU for the 360 for $24.99. Traded it back in at the same store a few months later for $34 in store credit.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I managed to score Jade Cocoon 2 for the bargain price of 3.50 euros. Nothing beats that.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I bought Amped 3 for Xbox 360 for $19.99. About a year or two later, I brought it to EB games. I got $17.99 for it!

May 28, 2009
Blockbuster does this to me all the time (well, whenever I sell things to them. Now I either never sell, or sell to eBay). Hundreds of well looked-after games will probably net me a few pennies.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
That's a winnipeg only by-law (so all game stores in winnipeg, not just EB), head over to PnP games on Mcleod and they'll weasel aroud it for ya.
As such, I only return to EB games when I plan on pre-ordering something.

OT: Need for Speed: Most Wanted. that got me twenty-five dollars when I only expected around ten. I was overjoyed.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I only buy games I know I'll want to keep forever <3
Though once when I was 10 I sold my sega genisis (to a friend, not to a store) + all my games to buy a new guitar. Worst decision of my life.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
end_boss said:
BUT, on a more simpler and broader explanation, just figure that for the most part, trade values aren't based on how good the game is, but how much the company wants it. People would get pissed off that they only get $3 for Driver 3, when we clearly have 20 of them on the shelf that aren't selling for $10. So, games like Bioshock may be far better and more popular, but they've probably already found the "sweet spot" that regulates a good flow of incoming trades and outgoing sales. A game like Harvest Moon is one that doesn't sell like a blockbuster, but is popular enough that it will almost certainly turn around, so they're willing to pay a little more to get them in.
This probably sums it up best. Though they also do give you lower prices in attempt to get you to buy their silly little subscription thing.

Chaos Theory

Oct 8, 2009
"only trade in one game per one game you buy"

WTF???

I traded Farcry 2 and a couple of racing games for Spiderman web of shadows once

totally worth it 4 games i traded for a $100 game...only had to pay $5 afterwards