''Wait... they're voiced by the same person?!''

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
CyanideSandwich said:
2) The amazing talents or Robin Atkin Downes. He voices: British voice in Saint's Row 2 and 3; George Washington in Assassin's Creed 3; Team Fortress 2's Medic; Brynjolf from Skyrim; many of the Locusts in the Gears of War series; Halo's prophet of Regret; as well as many, MANY more that I couldn't be bothered including. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235960/?ref_=tt_cl_t4)

And yet everyone who remembers the '90s would still shoot him on sight for being Byron in Babylon 5.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
dementis said:
The Japanese voice actor for Batou is also the voice actor for solid snake. Akio Ohtsuka.
Also, in MGS4 the voice of Big Boss is his father, Chikao Ohtsuka.

Also Dr. Eggman in Sonic.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
CyanideSandwich said:
2) The amazing talents or Robin Atkin Downes. He voices: British voice in Saint's Row 2 and 3; George Washington in Assassin's Creed 3; Team Fortress 2's Medic; Brynjolf from Skyrim; many of the Locusts in the Gears of War series; Halo's prophet of Regret; as well as many, MANY more that I couldn't be bothered including. (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235960/?ref_=tt_cl_t4)

And yet everyone who remembers the '90s would still shoot him on sight for being Byron in Babylon 5.

That's all I can EVER think of whenever anyone mentions Robert Atkin Downes... he's an awesome Voice Actor but... that hair...

THAT

HAIR!

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Jim Cummings

Hearing him drop lines like "Look, I'm getting head!! HAHAHAHA!!" and "I WANT YOUR SKULLS!!!" as I rip monsters apart in Splatterhouse was quite the experience.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
I was stunned to learn Patrick Warburton is the voice of all of the following characters:
1. Joe on Family Guy
2. Kusco from Emperor's new Groove
3. Brock Sampson from Venture Brothers. Brock Bloody Sampson!
4. countless other movies, shows, and even a few commercials.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Exius Xavarus said:
EHKOS said:
Everytime I hear Steve Blum I fangasm a little. I recently got Rogue Galaxy and I was like AHA!

Also the same dude who voices the Prince in Prince of Persia voices Sly's fourth ancestor.
Yuri Lowenthal also voices Luke fon Fabre and Asch the Bloody in Tales of the Abyss. :D
Yuri Lowenthal voices fucking EVERYBODY.

But yeah, I tend to take notice of voice actors and the such, so if there's a voice actor in this list doing a role, chances are I can tell it's them within about a line.
Laura Bailey
Yuri Lowenthal
Johnny Yong Bosc
Robin Atkin Downes
Nolan North
Jennifer Hale
Steve Blum
Grey DeLise (though I sometimes get her somewhat confused with someone else that I can't quite think of now)
Vic Mignogna (though less so)

And a bunch of others I can't think of right now but come to mind when I hear them.
And some others that I can't remember right now.
Impressive list, but I have only read the first page of this thread (since I just found it) and someone else may have said it, but you left someone off there: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Most of the roles I heard her voice in have that air of authority and sexiness, perhaps because the first place I heard her was Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex as Major Motoko kusanagi. Lately she was Abigail Brand, Director of S.W.O.R.D. on Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That show also had Jennifer Hale as Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel. and Steve Blum as the Red Skull.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
hazabaza1 said:
Exius Xavarus said:
EHKOS said:
Everytime I hear Steve Blum I fangasm a little. I recently got Rogue Galaxy and I was like AHA!

Also the same dude who voices the Prince in Prince of Persia voices Sly's fourth ancestor.
Yuri Lowenthal also voices Luke fon Fabre and Asch the Bloody in Tales of the Abyss. :D
Yuri Lowenthal voices fucking EVERYBODY.

But yeah, I tend to take notice of voice actors and the such, so if there's a voice actor in this list doing a role, chances are I can tell it's them within about a line.
Laura Bailey
Yuri Lowenthal
Johnny Yong Bosc
Robin Atkin Downes
Nolan North
Jennifer Hale
Steve Blum
Grey DeLise (though I sometimes get her somewhat confused with someone else that I can't quite think of now)
Vic Mignogna (though less so)

And a bunch of others I can't think of right now but come to mind when I hear them.
And some others that I can't remember right now.
Impressive list, but I have only read the first page of this thread (since I just found it) and someone else may have said it, but you left someone off there: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Most of the roles I heard her voice in have that air of authority and sexiness, perhaps because the first place I heard her was Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex as Major Motoko kusanagi. Lately she was Abigail Brand, Director of S.W.O.R.D. on Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That show also had Jennifer Hale as Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel. and Steve Blum as the Red Skull.
Haven't seen her in enough to get a good grasp on her voice. Checking her IMDB page, what I can recall is Adell's mother from Disgaea 2 and SIE from Alpha Protocol. That was a surprise, but I still can't make her voice in my mind.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
GloatingSwine said:
CyanideSandwich said:

That's all I can EVER think of whenever anyone mentions Robert Atkin Downes... he's an awesome Voice Actor but... that hair...

THAT

HAIR!
Yes, the hair! It's glorious! Wasn't this guy the voice of Liquid Snake? Because he looks like him, too!

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Darth_Payn said:
Yes, the hair! It's glorious! Wasn't this guy the voice of Liquid Snake? Because he looks like him, too!
No, that was Cam Clarke.

Who was also in everything ever.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
GloatingSwine said:
CyanideSandwich said:

THAT

HAIR!
As mentioned, that was Cam Clarke who also did Master Miller in MGS1 but they got Downes to do Miller in Peace Walker so it's pretty much the same thing.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I can't believe that Kevin Conroy has only one role. Don't believe me? Well any voice acting panel I've seen him on has him only doing and talking about Batman. Once he was called upon to do another role that he did for adventure time AND HE COULDN'T REMEMBER HOW BECAUSE HE HAS BATMAN ON THE BRAIN. He is the best one but still.

Apointicus

Jan 23, 2013
So I was revisiting Age of Mythology. I figured out that...

The VA of
is also the VA of
Daniel Riordan is his name.

Unexpecting, to say the least.

Psycomantis777

Apr 24, 2012
Lear said:
I remember some character, in some game, sounding just like Julius from Saint's Row 1. I think I'm thinking of the Mass Effect series, but I'm not sure.
Captain Anderson. Think it's Keith David from "They Live".
If you haven't seen that film, go do it now, everyone, so that you know where Duke Nukem stole the quotes he didn't steal from Army of Darkness... For some reason I don't know anyone who's seen it...

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
I think this every time I hear Quinton Flynn [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinton_Flynn].
This guy voices EVERYTHING.

The full list is pretty amazing but for a small list of some of the larger things he's been in (in my opinion) we've got:
Dead Island, Dynasty Warriors (Zhong Hui, Guo Jia), Kingdom Hearts (Axel), No More Heroes, Call of Duty, Sonic (Silver the hedgehog), Crash Bandicoot (Dingodile, N.Gin and Nitrous Oxide) Warcraft 3 / World of Warcraft (Kael'thas), Metal Gear (Raiden) Valkyria Chronicles, a bunch of Final Fantasy stuff, a bunch of Cartoon Network stuff, Robot Chicken, Bleach (Kon), Naruto (Iruka) and a ton of other things