Waking up to...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Like always, I woke up this morning to BBC R4's Today program, replete with either Evan Davies matter-of-factly whining or John Humphrey's dulcet haranguing of whatever unfortunate politician he's interviewing.

A part of me wonders why... I either slam the snooze button in rage or since it's naturally a not-very-loud radio channel, I'll fall asleep again.

Anyway, what do you chaps/chappesses wake up to in the mornings/afternoons/evenings?

Is it your other half crooning creepy sweet nothings? Is it the sound of screams as your minions sacrifice some hapless virgin at midnight? Or that ridiculous hipster song that compels you to get up now you've got that shitty melody in your head?

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I leave my alarm (my phone) all the way over on the other side of the room.

I also set like 5 alarms spaced one minute apart. You can't fall back into a deep enough sleep in one minute to avoid being awakened by the next one. By the end you're awake enough that you won't go back to sleep.

Of course that's when I need an alarm (i.e. I have something I need to wake up for), if not then I'll wake up naturally. The time I wake up is generally irrelevant in that case, I'm not getting up until my body is ready to get up.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
It's the beeping sound of my alarm clock, 15 minutes later followed by the beeping sound of my phone's alarm. Then there's the beep of my PC booting, the sound of my shower, the click of my coffee being done and finally the tapping of my fingers hitting keys on my keyboard.

The first "good" sounds I'll here will be when I get to my car to drive to work, either the music playing on the radio (3FM, Giel) or whatever CD is in my CD-player (GNR - "Appetite for Destruction" at the moment)

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
I wake up to the depressing, gray light that is the winter-sky at around 1PM in the afternoon. I rarely actually have an alarm unless there's work to be done, and then it's just my cellphone-signal.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I wake up naturally, whenever the fuck I feel like it. I used to have a routine when I had my job, but fuck it. Of course, this leads me to having a wildly variable sleep schedule, waking and sleeping at seemingly random times. Hell, I was up till 3:00 AM yesterday. Today? I just woke about an hour or so ago, so that totals as a mere three hours of sleep. Yeah, that's pretty much normal.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I'm kind of a heavy sleeper and I'm hard of hearing, so I rely on my alarm.
But unfortunately the boyfriend sleeps on the side of the bed next to the alarm clock and will often turn it off.
So then I get up when he does, because him getting up wakes me up. And then sometimes it doesn't and I will sleep for a long time, then wake up and he'll moan at me for not getting up earlier (don't turn the alarm off then!).

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
I wake up by myself with no help from alarm kind of things to wake me up. After that I go pee, eat/drink something, then go do what I usually do everyday.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Guffe said:
I have this on full volume every morning!!!
Now that is a cracking idea!

Cheers for that - it will provide a great replacement for the generic snooze inducing crap I currently have as the default alarm on my phone!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much waking up to hearing my parents getting up to either going to the toliet (during the night hences waking me up during the night) or the morning. Yeah I am a very light headed sleeper which I hate...

Specimen-X

Dec 7, 2011
I wake up to the Tavern Song from DA2 all the time. For some reason I find that song an excellent start to my day (provided I actually get out of bed). Another good one is Infiltration from ME2 Stolen Memories DLC. As you can tell I like waking up to game soundtracks.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
The beginning of this song:

I used to like that song. That's why you don't set songs you like as your alarm.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010

Manliest alarm ever, you just sit up, run your hand through your hair and are instantly ready to battle whatever, work, game, activity you have to.

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I fell asleep on the sofa last night, so I woke up to my sister watching Highschool Musical on tv

I've never had such a terrible wakeup call....It was awful....

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
For a year straight I woke up to my clock radio set to static since the static was so loud and horrible I had to turn it off quickly. It was across the room.

I later decided it made more sense to just turn the volume up and play music.

It's surprising how much less of a miserable bastard I was after the change. How you wakeup in the morning really does shape the mood you have for half of the day.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
TheFunPolice said:
I fell asleep on the sofa last night, so I woke up to my sister watching Highschool Musical on tv

I've never had such a terrible wakeup call....It was awful....
I feel sorry for you >.>

OT: Some whistler tune on my phone wakes me up. I need to put some of my metal on my phone because today my regular alarm didn't wake me up. So I had to QUICKLY get ready (No shower) and drive to uni.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
My mother waking me up early in the morning to get ready to get to my work.
If my parents aren't in the house, I use a common alarm sound of my phone to wake up.
If I get a new phone maybe I would used this sound to wake up every day:

SO awesome ^^
I use this when I work out to my house.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I have two alarms that go off since I'm notorious for doing the whole "I will just lay here for 5 mins." and then falling asleep again.

The first alarm is just an alarm clock that just beeps at me and is very annoying.

The second one that goes off is the alarm on my phone, and I wake up to this...

It gets louder and louder and it's out of my reach on purpose so that I force myself to get out of bed to turn it off.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
My alarm clock has a voice recorder, so my wife records messages along the lines that she loves me and hopes I have a great day. All in all I have a pretty nice life.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I have four alarms set to get me up in the morning, they all currently play this song

I love this song, but at 6 in the morning, through a tiny phone speaker, I bloody hate it :p