Waking up to...

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I have an incredibly cheap alarm clock that plays supposedly 'soothing nature sounds' in addition to the standard buzz and radio options. In reality, these sounds have about the same sound quality as a cheap tape recorder held in the general vicinity of the environment being recorded. It's a repetitive, staticy, irritating mess, and it's what I have set as the alarm.

The thing is, I find those alarms so horrible, so God-awfully annoying, that I will actually wake up about a half-hour before the alarm goes off rather than hear it upon waking up. I'll usually go for months without hearing that blasted thing despite setting it most days of the week. It works well, and as long as I don't actually hear it, I won't wake up cranky.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
I wake up to my phone's alarm.

I keep meaning to change it to something that ISN'T the Samsung stock alarm, but I just can't find anything suitable.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
My fucking alarm, every time, and it's this sireny squeal which I hate and sometimes I forget to turn it off and just hit snooze instead and 7 minutes later I'm downstairs or in the shower and it goes off again and I have to get back to it fast before someone rips it out the wall cos it's so loud.

And for some reason when the alarm bells at school ring out for a split second I feel like I'm in that moment of waking up to that alarm again. Horrible feeling cos I'm always so tired.

I hate mornings

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009

Somehow this tune has an instantly energizing effect on me. I wake up and the day's off to a great start.
On days when I don't need to set an alarm, I usually wake up because someone phones me... at which point my phone emits the TARDIS sound, and thus the day also starts great. :D

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I wake up to an alarm quickly followed by game grumps. It's the best way to wake up. Jon's seductive voice keeps me going until I get some soda to keep me up.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TheFunPolice said:
I fell asleep on the sofa last night, so I woke up to my sister watching Highschool Musical on tv

I've never had such a terrible wakeup call....It was awful....
That's just tragic.

As for me, I wake up to my alarm, turn it off and usually doze for a few minutes. Then, because my bedroom shares a wall with our bathroom, I'm then jerked back into consciousness by my dad spending around 5-10 minutes noisily evicting large quantities of phlegm from his system.

There's a reason I've adapted to sleep into midday when there's no alarm. It's to avoid hearing that disgusting affair every morning.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sonicron said:

Somehow this tune has an instantly energizing effect on me. I wake up and the day's off to a great start.
On days when I don't need to set an alarm, I usually wake up because someone phones me... at which point my phone emits the TARDIS sound, and thus the day also starts great. :D
That is a good inspirational tune. However, I've been considering doing something similar, in which case, I must counter with this:

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
My alarm is the track "Tau-9" from the Half-Life 2 soundtrack. Not too jarring, but it never fails to get me up.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
My 2 year old mimicking an alarm clock (As early as 5:30am some days). If I'm lucky my phone's alarm clock... which I keep forgetting to set to something good.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm. I picked the most annoying ringer already available on my cellular.

I also wake up a lot throughout the night, due to the fact the my girlfriend is very much a bed/blanket hog.
Not like I was ever good at sleeping with someone in my bed to begin with.

TheLastFeeder

Oct 29, 2012
I have my alarm in my PC and my speakers are set on maximum volume and it plays this song.

I wake up happy every morning.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Amethyst Wind said:
I set my snooze button for 1 minute delay on my phone to do the same thing as you. I also set my alarm clock to a slightly different time so I have a back-up... Both my alarms are basically Klaxons so I'm sure to wake up. This usually causes my girlfriend to elbow my stomach when she jerks awake to my alarms. Although she rarely sleeps longer than I do

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Eh, I wake up naturally...

If I don't have something to do that day then I'll sleep in to any of the following times: 8:34, 9:26, 10:04.

If I have something to do that day (Doesn't matter what it is or what time I'm supposed to do it) then I'll wake up at one the following times: 3:34, 4:32, 5:59.

Why those exact times EVERY SINGLE TIME? I haven't a bloody clue...

I do set an alarm though, even with my rather strict wake-up time... It's set for the latest I can get out of bed and still have time to get ready ('cause even if I don't need it to wake up and even though I won't fall back to sleep I often lie in bed just thinking for hours which can make me late)

Any non-scheduled waking up will be to the sound of whatever song I was dreaming about...

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
lax4life said:
I normally wake up to something that makes sense.

haha win! :D Dethklok is awesome xD

My wake up tunes ^^
This one on the Cellphone

this one also on the phone but for alarms later on that makes sure i wake up

and this one on the Samsung Galaxy tab II

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Right now I fall asleep and wake up to random episodes of Destructoid's Podtoid podcast because they're funny. I'm sure that in a month or so I'll have my usual mix of other podcasts that I normally listen to added back into the mix but for now it's straight Podtoid.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
One of my cats always wakes me up. I can't remember the last time she didn't, in fact. She sits outside my bedroom door and meows and scratches the carpet until I wake up and open the door for her. If the door is already open, which it occasionally is, she'll enter the room, climb onto my bed, and nuzzle me until I wake up.
She's more reliable than any alarm clock, I can tell you this.
That or nightmares wake me up. I don't really have good dreams.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have multiple alarms set between my phones. Most of the time it works in at least waking me up(though I sometimes fall right back to sleep) but if I don't change up the song whatever that I have set for each alarm it starts to lose it effectiveness after a month or so.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I leave the blinds open on my eastern window, so I get the first rays of morning sun to wake me up naturally. If that fails, I have my alarm set to play the Kokiri Forest music.

Suitably prepares me for any grand adventure during the day.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
My husband asked me not to use the alarm clock anymore - for some reason. Probably since I wake up 20 minutes earlier than he does and the alarm clock buzzing is grating. So I use the 'wind-chime' tone on my phone and leave it charging at the other end of the room. He claims it's a lot better, and I have to agree.