Wal-Mart Pepper Sprayer May Not Be Charged

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Fleischer said:
Crono1973 said:
She's a woman, that makes it ok. If it were a man though, I doubt law enforcement would be looking for a way to get him off the hook.
I call bullshit there. Justice is blind. Being a woman doesn't give you free permission to harm others.
HA HA, seriously that's what you think?

Women hit men all the time and it's considered funny. Men hit women, well now that's a crime. I should also point out that when women commit violent acts, they are far more likely to get away with it by screaming "self defense". This isn't a mystery and it's nothing new.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Anthony Wells said:
OLD man. obviously not trying to shop lift. gonna be charged with it. YOUNG woman who may have been out to intentionally harm people selfishly. not gonna be charged. makes perfect sense to me.
Proof the justice system works.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Fleischer said:
I call bullshit there. Justice is blind. Being a woman doesn't give you free permission to harm others.

Women hit men all the time and it's considered funny. Men hit women, well now that's a crime.
Yes. Nobody is allowed to hit me. Having a vagina doesn't give you carte blanche to strike me.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
uppitycracker said:
Fleischer said:
uppitycracker said:
There were even reports this woman did it in multiple parts of the store... Another prime example of our failed law enforcement.
Failed? You should read the story more carefully
she may not be charged with any criminal offenses
and
a formal decision about whether or not charges will be filed is expected by Wednesday.
The police are not closing the case, nor are they alleging she committed a crime. The police want to be sure they have reasonable claims to detain her before arresting and charging her.

uppitycracker said:
Good game, fascists.
You should understand words before using them.
I understand perfectly. Based on all the evidence that was surrounding this previously, to how they're talking now, it's easy to see where it'll most likely go. Calm down, tough guy.
I'm not sure how to read you.

I do not get your presumptions. What exactly are you expecting as a reaction from law enforcement?

You claim that the "fascist" police are being too hands off? Your sarcasm, if that is what you are aiming for, is not clear.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Fleischer said:
Crono1973 said:
Fleischer said:

Women hit men all the time and it's considered funny. Men hit women, well now that's a crime.
Yes. Nobody is allowed to hit me. Having a vagina doesn't give you carte blanche to strike me.
What are you going to do about it if a woman hits you? Going to hit her back? If so it is YOU who will spend the night in jail, not her.

Gonna report it? Don't expect the police to take it seriously.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Ok, let's assume she did use the pepper spray out of self-defense. That would mean after being in multiple situations where she was almost trampled to death, she chose to continue shopping instead of getting the hell out of there.

Ya that's bullshit, charge the *****.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Fleischer said:
What are you going to do about it if a woman hits you? Going to hit her back?
Yes. I am trained in defending myself, and I will retaliate in a manner to disable an attacker.

Crono1973 said:
If so it is YOU who will spend the night in jail, not her.
Nope.

Crono1973 said:
Gonna report it? Don't expect the police to take it seriously.
I live in Lowell, Massachusetts, and I regularly read - in the local paper's police logs - about women who are arrested and charged with myriad forms of battery. The officers here don't take kindly to any spouse, man or woman, beating their partner.

If the local police do not report the incident, I would appeal to the county's district attorney. I would up the food chain until I get the results I desire.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
BrionJames said:
Without any witnesses there's no way to tell if she's innocent or guilty. Maybe charges should be levied against Wal Mart for not handling these Black Friday sales properly. I for one think they should, inhuman bastards.
If by 'not handling Black Friday sales properly' you mean that they don't have full scale riot squads armed with shotguns, tasers, and teargas, then no, I suppose they didn't handle the sales properly.

A few years back, people actually broke the doors to a Wal-Mart down in order to get inside. (And trampled one of the employees to death, then complained when told that they had to leave because they murdered someone).

The only solution is to just not have Black Friday at all. Cancel the goddamn holiday. It's obvious that people can't handle it.
Let me tell you about my two experiences on Black Friday. One was Walmart, one was Target.

In Walmart, they had no police, only Walmart employees watching the mob that had gathered. This was their 'supposed' 10 PM Thanksgiving night sale, not 5 AM Black Friday sale (why they did that I have no fucking idea). The entire front of the store was full of bodies, and people were swarming around the area with the games. It was a nightmare, and I will never go back to a Black Friday event there again.

Target, on the other hand, had cops stationed at the front of the store and throughout. People knew coming in that they'd best remain calm or else. They had associates with maps (something Walmart was lacking) and they were ready to funnel people in the most efficient directions from the get-go. All with a little preparation and care for their customers and not just the money in their wallet. Oh, and these were two different cities.

So yeah, whether or not these Walmart cases are secluded or not, the company has been on the down slope in terms of quality for a while now. I have a few pictures and a list of health and safety breaches from my time at a Neighborhood Market. These stories show how badly Walmart screwed up both anticipating the demand for an evening Black Friday sale, and how little (if at all) they tried to prevent such problems from arising (police/security presence, well-trained associates, etc.).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Nouw said:
If it was in self-defense, then she should definitely not be charged. Interesting how if one aspect of a story is revealed, your judgement changes.
She may not be charged by the law but she's still going to be sued by everyone she sprayed.
I don't care how much money she saved. It's not going to make up for how much she'll lose...just in legal fees...for one afternoon.
? What I meant was that it was for defending herself because she thought she could have been in harms way, it is fine. I agree with you, but we don't know if she was doing it to save money while shopping or to defend herself.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Diminished Capacity said:
You couldn't pay me enough to go shopping on Black Friday, let alone at a Wal-mart. In the words of Tommy Lee Jones (paraphrased) from Men in Black:

"A person is smart. People are stupid, dangerous, panicky animals, and you know it".
I did. I got a $100 kinect and an 80 turtle beach head set for 35. But also the Best Buy I went to pretty much made it seem like an exclusive club by only letting people in if enough people left.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Anthony Wells said:
OLD man. obviously not trying to shop lift. gonna be charged with it. YOUNG woman who may have been out to intentionally harm people selfishly. not gonna be charged. makes perfect sense to me.
obviously, old people have less money and life left to buy said crap, so treat them like second class citizens, sounds exactly like the thinking of a machine to me.

#edit#
that was creepy, i need to stop watching the matrix.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Nouw said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nouw said:
If it was in self-defense, then she should definitely not be charged. Interesting how if one aspect of a story is revealed, your judgement changes.
She may not be charged by the law but she's still going to be sued by everyone she sprayed.
I don't care how much money she saved. It's not going to make up for how much she'll lose...just in legal fees...for one afternoon.
? What I meant was that it was for defending herself because she thought she could have been in harms way, it is fine. I agree with you, but we don't know if she was doing it to save money while shopping or to defend herself.
There's going to be legal fees regardless.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Nouw said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nouw said:
There's going to be legal fees regardless.
Unfortunately I'm not educated on legal fees so I can't comment.

wwmcfar

Oct 12, 2009
I have no sympathy for the idiots who turn up on Black Friday.
They put their lives and the lives of others at risk with their behaviour. Being pepper sprayed is too good for these animals.
They should be shackled to each other like a chain gang and led round the place by guards with stun batons; it?s the only way to make sure they act like civilised human beings.

lockgar

Nov 5, 2008
Well, I know what I'm going to do next Black Friday, now that I know its completely legal.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Wait a second... so people will create a stampede over 10% off when countries like Australia already have to pay $80+ for the 'non-US' tax. Disgusting.

Games-Workshop and Steam are the biggest offenders.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I really think this only happens at walmart. i've visited several places during that paticular day and this never happens. But then again I usually got some sort of safeguard when it comes to being witness to actual chaos. I'm always there after or before it happens.