Walk All Over Cthulhu With These Amazing Carpets

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Walk All Over Cthulhu With These Amazing Carpets

You, too, can gaze upon Those Who Rest Below whenever you want. Provided you're cool with putting some crazy carpets in your house.

When it comes to home and office décor, H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu (and associated minions) is a theme that probably doesn't come to most people's minds. That's a shame, because it turns out that the Chtulhu Mythos can provide some truly excellent design options, as demonstrated by these truly excellent carpets.

The designs were created by Russian artist Kirill Rozhkov, who used only a pen and ink to draw them out. That's right: He kept this old school while he used nothing but his imagination to and Lovecraft's stories for inspiration. They were crafted as a line called "Dark Water" for Danish carpet company EGE.

A couple of the illustrations are in the gallery below, but you can see more samples over at peruse its catalog of Dark Water designs and color/size options.

You really should check out the way these carpets are presented in the catalog, simply because it's amazing how well the designs work in a variety of environments. Besides, who wouldn't want to into a board meeting, look down, and see a very angry Great Old One staring back up at them?

[gallery=623]

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5877964/these-gorgeous-hp-lovecraft-inspired-monster-rugs-can-be-on-your-floors/gallery/1>io9

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
Oh my old gods, those are fantastic! However, I don't think I'll buy any, as I don't want to offend any elder horrors by walking on them...

Edit: but I do have a wall that's pretty empty...

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
It would be awesome to own one of these but when I read this I pictured coming home one day seeing my dog take a dump on c'thulu. That would be awesome because then I could say "Damn it Charlie quit crapping on the elder gods!"

TheMann

Jul 13, 2010
Now I know who to call when I carpet the rec room of my newly completed Fortress of Evil.

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
Good Lord, that's creepy. The productivity level would just be suuuuuucked out of the room. No thanks.

Also, slightly embarassed that this is sold by a company in my country. Sorry about that.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Come to think of it, my bedroom carpet is getting a bit worn out. They probably cost an arm and a leg (and your sanity) though.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I would love to decorate a really bright and cheerful room with the more subtle patterns and see if anyone realises why they feel slightly uncomfortable in it.

xdavidio92x

Dec 15, 2008
Hmmm, I dunno about getting this for myself, but I have a friend who might be interested...

How do I look into buying some?

Neonit

Dec 24, 2008
awesome! that should scare off those Jehovah witnesses!

i dunno, they seem cool, but wouldt the "oh my good its so cool!" effect wear out pretty quick? and then you are left with a carpet, that every time someone new comes over for visit - you have to explain wth is on the floor? also use smelling salts..... probably not in that order.

but yeah, its still cool xD

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I would love to decorate a really bright and cheerful room with the more subtle patterns and if anyone realises why they feel slightly uncomfortable in it.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. The colour pallete page made me think it could pass as a bright, busy design and not a horror when it's not stark black-and-white.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Knusper said:
Come to think of it, my bedroom carpet is getting a bit worn out. They probably cost an arm and a leg (and your sanity) though.
Actually it's crazy cheap! they're prices are insane! you'd be mad to miss out! so get down there as fast as you cantentacles!

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
I call foul. the old gods are suppose to be unknowable so unless looking down at one of these rugs causes me to go insane and possibley become possesed than i want my money back.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
sketch_zeppelin said:
I call foul. the old gods are suppose to be unknowable so unless looking down at one of these rugs causes me to go insane and possibley become possesed than i want my money back.
This, as much as i like the Lovecraft universe; i have always disliked it being represented in a knowable fashion. The one in the OP is specially bad, it seems like a monster from battletoads, not a multidimentional monster which will unravel your mind with only gazing it.