Walking Dead, Fables, and King's Quest Receiving New Life

GodEmperor47

Nov 12, 2010
Antwerp Caveman said:
Just LOVE Walking Dead, I havel all 13 trades here.
I must, embarresdly say, that I saw a trailer for the Walking Dead tv show, and saw that... the lead actor didn't even look like the guy from the comic.
I then quickly decided it was probably not true to the source material and ignored it.
But I hear a lot of good things about it, so I'm going to look for some reruns.

A game based on the comics would be awesome though. Maybe a sandbox in a city like Atlanta where the comic started, just raiding stores with a character like Glenn, find a gunstore after a while, but not having the skills to break in yet or something. Absolutely epic.

Maybe have the prison within (fast-)travel distance too.
You missed out on a very good show because you based your judgement entirely on what one actor looked like. I hope you can watch the re-runs to make up for your failure.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
If Fables were made into an adventure game, it would be my first time playing a game of that genre. I would totally play the hell out of it.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Wow, a Fables game? I shall definitely keep an eye out for that - I love those comics.

inb4 people getting it confused with the Fable games.

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
GodEmperor47 said:
Antwerp Caveman said:
Just LOVE Walking Dead, I havel all 13 trades here.
I must, embarresdly say, that I saw a trailer for the Walking Dead tv show, and saw that... the lead actor didn't even look like the guy from the comic.
I then quickly decided it was probably not true to the source material and ignored it.
But I hear a lot of good things about it, so I'm going to look for some reruns.

A game based on the comics would be awesome though. Maybe a sandbox in a city like Atlanta where the comic started, just raiding stores with a character like Glenn, find a gunstore after a while, but not having the skills to break in yet or something. Absolutely epic.

Maybe have the prison within (fast-)travel distance too.
You missed out on a very good show because you based your judgement entirely on what one actor looked like. I hope you can watch the re-runs to make up for your failure.
A bit harsh, but I understand what you mean.
Figured it was just some licensing crap like everything lately (Transformers movies, Dragonball E) Just taking names and titles and doing nothing closely related to the sourcematerial with it.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Walking Dead I heard earlier. But Fables too?! Fuck yeah!

Here's hoping you play as the Fable town sheriff Bigby (Aka Big Bad Wolf)

HankMan said:
So if Snow White and Prince Charming are divorced, did they maintain joint custody of the dwarfs?
Weirldy the Dwarfs were mentioned in the first issue and not once since. I'm guessing they're either dead or did something terrible to Snow, she looked pissed when they were brought up. Maybe they come into it later.

And Snow is in fact Charming first wife, he also married Beauty and Cinderella (they all had a Prince Charming). There may be more though, Charming has an effect on women to the point that it's a superpower. When he needed a place to stay he spoke to a waitress after having a 5 course meal at a restraunt, get's her to pay the tab, goes to her place 5 minutes after meeting her, fucks her stupid, then bunks at her place for several months while paying for nothing himself.

Definitly a comic worth checking out.
The story with the dwarfs is brought up again in issue 96. I admit I'm struggling to work out how a game based on Fables could work, but seeing as I love the comic, I'd be willing to give it a go.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
CD-R said:
They could make a Walking Dead game where you play as The Governor!!!!
Would you raise your own happiness but feeding your zombie daughter, staring at severed heads in jars and brutally raping prisoners?

Seriously, that's just about the most messed up character ever, let alone in comics.

Illesdan

Sep 15, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
CD-R said:
Would you raise your own happiness but feeding your zombie daughter, staring at severed heads in jars and brutally raping prisoners?

Seriously, that's just about the most messed up character ever, let alone in comics.
A friend of mine had nightmares after he read the part with The Governor. I'm wondering how AMC is going to handle him when (or if) they put him in the television show. I have to admit, he ranks up there as one of the most evil characters I've ever read in a series.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
SomeBritishDude said:
CD-R said:

Brilliant!!!! Lets draft a design proposal and get it over to THQ ASAP.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Illesdan said:
SomeBritishDude said:
CD-R said:

A friend of mine had nightmares after he read the part with The Governor. I'm wondering how AMC is going to handle him when (or if) they put him in the television show. I have to admit, he ranks up there as one of the most evil characters I've ever read in a series.
As evil as he is I think Michonne extracting her revenge on him is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. I felt like I was going to be sick, no word of a lie.

Astonishing series.

Plinglebob said:
The story with the dwarfs is brought up again in issue 96. I admit I'm struggling to work out how a game based on Fables could work, but seeing as I love the comic, I'd be willing to give it a go.
If it was a point and click adventure game like Telltale usually have going I could totally see it happening; it could be a mystery game where you play as Bigby and try and solve a case. Or they could do something with the off shoots, Cinderella and Jack of Fables. Cinderella being basically James Bond with fairy tales it could lend itself well to a lot of genres.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Plinglebob said:
SomeBritishDude said:
Walking Dead I heard earlier. But Fables too?! Fuck yeah!

Here's hoping you play as the Fable town sheriff Bigby (Aka Big Bad Wolf)

HankMan said:
So if Snow White and Prince Charming are divorced, did they maintain joint custody of the dwarfs?
Weirldy the Dwarfs were mentioned in the first issue and not once since. I'm guessing they're either dead or did something terrible to Snow, she looked pissed when they were brought up. Maybe they come into it later.

And Snow is in fact Charming first wife, he also married Beauty and Cinderella (they all had a Prince Charming). There may be more though, Charming has an effect on women to the point that it's a superpower. When he needed a place to stay he spoke to a waitress after having a 5 course meal at a restraunt, get's her to pay the tab, goes to her place 5 minutes after meeting her, fucks her stupid, then bunks at her place for several months while paying for nothing himself.

Definitly a comic worth checking out.
It was brought up much earlier in the side book 1001 Nights of Snow, a collection of origin stories. In Snow's story, she gets revenge on the dwarfs (for enslaving and raping her) and kills them all.

As far as the game goes, I figure the tried-and-true adventure game formula Telltale is so good at would work well for Fables.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Providing the Fables game doesn't descend into the same hammer-to-skull political and social metaphors that made the comic maddening, I'm all for it.

D.Spex

Feb 1, 2011
Aww, but that is what defined Fables, I mean taking it out removes a lot of the Fables Universe I mean the point was to try and take a "real" approach (despite the ludicrous sound of this sentence) to the fairy tales of our youth.

I am more concerned with the game not properly exploring the universe, winding up being something cheap churned out to make munnies for Vertigo. Any rumors on actual gameplay?