Want Beyond Good and Evil 2? Buy Rayman Origins

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
After all these years, and all the collective purchases of BG&E, all the praise the game gets and they really can't justify making BG&E2?

Could someone explain this to me, because I fail to understand why they'd be so damn afraid of a beloved IP.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
This is relevant: http://www.destructoid.com/rayman-origins-sales-could-affect-beyond-good-evil-2-215624.phtml

I'll join my voice to Jim's and say: Fuck you, Ubisoft.

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
Yeah... I just got Skyrim today... and Arkham City when that came out. So just buying Rayman which was never that interested in is going to be a no go. I mean really now While i want BG&E2 I'm not going to be lead along like a horse with carrot on a stick. Either make the game Ubisoft or don't. Just make a decision. I much rather know that it's never coming out rather then be lead along like this.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I would rather have Rayman Collection (1,2, and 3) instead of Beyond Good and Evil 2. That's just me because I have yet to play the first game. That and it's been a long time since I've seen a new Rayman game that doesn't include Rabbids.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
... There's a new Rayman game out? How did I not know about this?

And just in time, too - I've been hankering for a nice Jump'n'Run game, and Rayman's never disappointed me before. Possibly furthering the development of BG&E2 is just icing on the cake here. :)

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Sure I will buy the new Rayman game . . . used. Fuck Ubisoft! The sooner every last one of the people in charge of that shit hole get a painful debilitating case of ass cancer and die the better gaming as a whole will be. Either make the game or don't but don't hold it hostage and try to use it as leverage for other titles. And just because it can't be said enough, Fuck Ubisoft!

Also, if anyone buys this game on the basis you are doing a god damned thing to get Beyond Good and Evil 2 green lit let me tell ya, you are having about as much bearing on that game as the shit I took this morning. All you are doing is encouraging them to pull these shitty business practices again in the future and hold other games hostage down the road.

Oh yeah, Fuck Ubisoft!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Erana said:
After all these years, and all the collective purchases of BG&E, all the praise the game gets and they really can't justify making BG&E2?

Could someone explain this to me, because I fail to understand why they'd be so damn afraid of a beloved IP.
Simple. Ubisoft is phenomenally thick.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Wow. Ubisoft Sales rep wants to give you reasons to buy his game when its not doing so well? What a surprise.

You know what I'll do for you Ubisoft. I'm going to wait six months and buy it used. That's right. I'm going to enjoy your precious game and you're never going to see a penny from me for it.

I've supported you over the years with the Tom Clancy stuff, Assassin's Creed, Brothers in Arms and even getting Beyond Good and Evil HD when I had the original on my Xbox. But I won't let you tell me to buy a game so that you maybe can make another game.

RandomHer0

Jun 26, 2009
Maybe if the game was a mid-tier priced affir I'd think about it. Its the same reason why I didn't purchase epic yarn, or sonic generations(yet), I just cant justify spending 60 bucks on a 2D sprite game when I can have Skyrim or Fallout with more depth and lasting appeal.Perhaps I'm a shallow gamer, but production values and length have to factor in when your dropping 60 bucks at a time.

Maybe when its cheaper, I'll pick it up. But don't you dare threaten the fate of BG&E2, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Jaker the Baker

Guild Warrior
Nov 9, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Beyond Good and Evil 2 seems to be in a bad place right now. It's not cancelled, per se, but the team working on it is tiny and there's little to show for nearly a decade of waiting, save a teaser trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI], a very exciting target render [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVwTrjwautQ] and a vague promise that the game is being developed for next-gen consoles. Considering the original B&G sold about as well as a ten-dollar punch-to-the-kidneys, despite great reviews, it's not surprising Ubisoft is hesitant to invest heavily in a sequel.
Next gen consoles? Really? They've been out for 6 years and we're still calling them that?

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I've never played a rayman game in my life why would i start now? I already have BG&E HD on the xbox and the original on PC, Do i not deserve some respect ubisoft?

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
So Ubisoft's dangling BG&E 2 in front of me, with a statement as sutble as a carrot on a stick, saying that if I want BG&E 2 I should buy Rayman Origins. I've never been interested in any Rayman game. Sometimes this industry sucks.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Ubi, guys, I love Rayman enough you didn't need to put some blackmailing twist on it.
Now I feel dirty.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Disturbed-hell said:
ARRRGGG!!!! If only Rayman was on the PC...
Urgh, Iv'e been waiting for BG&E2 for ages and now the way to hury it up is to buy a game that I can't play? It can't be that hard to make a pc port, can it?
It's not that they can't. They won't. They are going to release it for every single platform except PC.

Fuck you Ubisoft.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
This is the worst month ever to release this game.... they should've held it until a dry spell, like, I don't know a month or so. Too many mega-franchise sure-fire hits, from COD to Assassin's Creed to Zelda to Mario to Skyrim... hell, even games like Zelda aren't getting as many pre-orders as prior games due to this fact. What hope does a small, if great, little game like Rayman Origins have?

I'll still buy it, but even I had to put my money towards Skyward Sword.