Warhammer 40K Lore Discussion

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Look I'll be the first to admit the Siege of Terra series is insanely rushed, especially considereing the 20 years and 50+ novels they spent on the Heresy. 8 novels and one novella, to do the Siege? Madness.
Only in 40K would eight novels worth of a siege be considered "rushed." 0_0

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Only in 40K would eight novels worth of a siege be considered "rushed." 0_0
Does that mean it's finally over? Or do we need to spend another 400 pages on Dorn's post-siege workout meal?

I like 40k and all, but this is just excessive. I *just now* figured out that this is the same series that was a decade old when I quit the model hobby a decade ago. Please tell me this hasn't been a single thread of narrative this whole time

Reactions: Hawki

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Does that mean it's finally over? Or do we need to spend another 400 pages on Dorn's post-siege workout meal?

I like 40k and all, but this is just excessive. I *just now* figured out that this is the same series that was a decade old when I quit the model hobby a decade ago. Please tell me this hasn't been a single thread of narrative this whole time
Oh one continuous long story. Loken from the first book is still kicking around, having not finished his character arc yet.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
This was Fulgrim, of the Emperor's Children. The sonic rape guys.
I've always wondered but never dared to actually find out... Do Slaanesh followers actually do all the horny business? I've never actually read any material where they did, and I'm quite glad for that.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I've always wondered but never dared to actually find out... Do Slaanesh followers actually do all the horny business? I've never actually read any material where they did, and I'm quite glad for that.
Yes, 100% but they call is "violations". So a captured Sister of Battle isn't raped, she's "violated". When Fulgrim found a pair of artists who Romeo and Juliet-ed themselves to avoid being corrupted by Slaanesh as part of the Emperor's Children Great crusade fleet, he didn't rape their bodies, he "violated" them. When Abaddon handed a young Navigator girl over to some cultists to be killed, they didn't gang rape her, she simply "didn't want to have a man arms around her".

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Yes, 100% but they call is "violations". So a captured Sister of Battle isn't raped, she's "violated". When Fulgrim found a pair of artists who Romeo and Juliet-ed themselves to avoid being corrupted by Slaanesh as part of the Emperor's Children Great crusade fleet, he didn't rape their bodies, he "violated" them. When Abaddon handed a young Navigator girl over to some cultists to be killed, they didn't gang rape her, she simply "didn't want to have a man arms around her".
Wonderful. Fulgrim really is nasty.

Reactions: SilentPony

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Khorne tears people limb from limb (acceptable), Nurgle unleashes horrific plagues (horrific), but depictions/mentions of rape? UNACCEPTABLE!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Khorne tears people limb from limb (acceptable), Nurgle unleashes horrific plagues (horrific), but depictions/mentions of rape? UNACCEPTABLE!
I read a book recently where a sorceress tempts a fledgling psyker into Chaos while giving him a handjob in the bath. I was surprised that this wasn't a Slaanesh moment, the sorceress was unaligned.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think? Perty should have like airplane wings and propellers.
Jet engine. Up his rear.
Getting caught by Slaaneshi types is probably worst tho. Khorn will kill you brutally, but efficiently. You die, but fast. Nurgle's diseases are horrific, but if they dont outright kill you, you eventually start not being bothered by them, even enjoy them. Tzeenth will mutate the crap out of you until you become a mindless abomination.

Slaanesh followers? If you're unlucky they keep you alive as long as possible to do as much heinous shit to you as possible while making sure both you and them get to savor every moment of every sensation.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Jet engine. Up his rear.
Getting caught by Slaaneshi types is probably worst tho. Khorn will kill you brutally, but efficiently. You die, but fast. Nurgle's diseases are horrific, but if they dont outright kill you, you eventually start not being bothered by them, even enjoy them. Tzeenth will mutate the crap out of you until you become a mindless abomination.

Slaanesh followers? If you're unlucky they keep you alive as long as possible to do as much heinous shit to you as possible while making sure both you and them get to savor every moment of every sensation.
Dunno, sometimes Nurgle and Tzeentch keep people alive in nasty ways. Though, so do the Night Lords.

OTOH, yeah, Khorne will just kill you, and sometimes will handicap themselves against a weaker opponent to make it a better fight.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
OTOH, yeah, Khorne will just kill you, and sometimes will handicap themselves against a weaker opponent to make it a better fight.
This is counterbalanced by the rest of the time, they're mindlessly charging through a kill box against an entrenched opponent with really, really big guns. And they consider screening their main force with expandable units for wussies...I remember back in the day, when khorne berserker units had to make leadership tests to not attack their own forces, if those units were between the berserker units and the opponents.

So, you win some, you lose some.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This is counterbalanced by the rest of the time, they're mindlessly charging through a kill box against an entrenched opponent with really, really big guns. And they consider screening their main force with expandable units for wussies...I remember back in the day, when khorne berserker units had to make leadership tests to not attack their own forces, if those units were between the berserker units and the opponents.

So, you win some, you lose some.
From the point of view of their opponents, though, that just reinforces that Khorne is the one to fight against, as opposed to the scary ones.

Except if you are Blood Angels, cause they make you (and only you) go berserk, it seems.