Warhammer 40K Lore Discussion

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Honestly, you can stop after The Flight of the Eisenstein, secure in the knowledge that you've read the best book in the series and avoided a lot of crap that reads like fanfic.
I think I got to the first one that focused on the Dark Angels, which was so-so, then skipped to The First Heretic and got about half a chapter in before giving up.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sidenote, anyone know why the Warhammer channel disables comments on all their videos?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
And right when I post that, they upload a video with comments enabled.

Honestly don't care much for Tyrannies, they seem like a pretty boring enemy for the Imperium. But this was a nice trailer.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I wonder if the Lion (who was a Grand Master) is going to have words with Azrael (who is The Supreme Grand Master) about his title.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
He will have to change his name to Diana Ross, as everyone Diana Ross outranks other Supremes.
Hah, I'm stealing that joke. A name joke like that wouldn't be out of place for GW (he's Lionel Johnson, after all), but oooh, wouldn't it annoy the anti-woke crowd?

Oddly, nobody seems to be in a tizzy over Brother Captain Artemis having a female name.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I thought they were good with milking Guilliman for the next decade. Anyway I'm glad to see another Primarch return while I still give a shit about 40k.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Gonna be a shitton of grumping coming from Space Wolves fans that El'Johnson got brought back before Russ.
Literally fans of every other Primarch ever though, not just Space Wolves.

Guilliman and Lion make a lot of sense since we know where they are and they are clearly alive.

Guilliman was fatally wounded but he was clearly still alive and in stasis on Macragge. Lion was in a coma on The Rock.

The states of everybody else is a lot more questionable.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, Guilliman was clearly dead, though said to be getting better.

Vulkan is nowdays immortal and comes back every time someone kills him, so should be expected every so often.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Eh, Guilliman was clearly dead, though said to be getting better.

Vulkan is nowdays immortal and comes back every time someone kills him, so should be expected every so often.
I don't know about older lore but as far as I have known Guilliman was interred in stasis moments before his death.

Problem with the other Primarchs, we don't know where the fuck they are. So what can we really expect from them? Vulkan did show up for the War of the Beast but was last seen exploding The Beast.

The exact locations of Guilliman and Lion were never in question.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Problem with the other Primarchs, we don't know where the fuck they are. So what can we really expect from them? Vulkan did show up for the War of the Beast but was last seen exploding The Beast.

The exact locations of Guilliman and Lion were never in question.
True, though if we know the other Primarchs are around "somewhere" and not confirmed dead, they can pop back whenever.

Though, yeah, those were the two whose location was known, and with the exception of Russ (and Dorn and Sanguinius, who are dead), the Primarchs people care about. Imagine how underwhelming it would be if the first Primarch back was the Khan.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
True, though if we know the other Primarchs are around "somewhere" and not confirmed dead, they can pop back whenever.

Though, yeah, those were the two whose location was known, and with the exception of Russ (and Dorn and Sanguinius, who are dead), the Primarchs people care about. Imagine how underwhelming it would be if the first Primarch back was the Khan.
Dorn is handless, not dead!

Anyway while I love the Khan, his return would indeed hardly be galaxy-changing. He'd probably fuck right off and do his own thing rather than actually help Guilly with the Imperium.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Dorn is handless, not dead!

Anyway while I love the Khan, his return would indeed hardly be galaxy-changing. He'd probably fuck right off and do his own thing rather than actually help Guilly with the Imperium.
At least in older fluff, he was dead, it's just the hand was the part of him they put on display.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Hmmm...call me when they declare TTS canon and hire Alfabusa to write the lore.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Hmmm...call me when they declare TTS canon and hire Alfabusa to write the lore.
Yeah lets not and pretend we didn't. TTS did way more damage to the 40k community than it did good. I mean for fucks sake GW had to retire Cato Sicarius because of what TTS did to him.
Every time I'm at my local GW there's always a memelord wanting Captain General Kitten and muttonchops Dorn.