Warhammer Gold Farming Ban Rampage

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
I hope Mythic will realize that banning the players who buy is the only way to do it.

Cross fingers thats what they do!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Goldspammers= bad
Goldspammer customers= bad and stupid

OK, so we have that established. The problem is, this is not algebra. It is more like a cross between the War on Terror, War on Drugs, and whatever war is fought in the victim MMORPG.
Personally, I don't think that the dynamic of a game should have to change solely because of jerks who GS. And Ideally, we can eliminate such behavior altogether.

What I would like to see is some filter that detects people sending out messages en masse, and will block all messages (in a manner undetectable to said spammer or spambot) until a staff member can get the general gist of what they are saying. Then...
SPAMHAMMER!

Similarly, I would like to see another chat tab that would display the messages of people who had been flagged numerous times for spamming...
One that would remain far away from any other chat box.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
I would say that there needs to be a system in which tis occurs

*If a player suddenly starts racking up experience or gaining impossible amounts of gold gets put on watchlist
*A GM goes and checks what is happening
*If it is obvious they are botting.... PERMA BANNAGE

Edit: wow 4051 banned for gold selling

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I know a group of people at work who got banned because Blizzard thought they were gold farmers. They had to call up Blizzard and explain why they had 9 accounts on 1 IP address. They got the accounts unbanned, after about 2 hours of international phone bills.