Warhammer/Tabletop gaming thread

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
I play all Gw games: tau for 40k, bretonians for fantasy, and isengard for LOTR

What do you guys play?

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I used to play it a few years ago butstarted to grow a bit tired of it. I still like the stories and the models though.

I used to play with Vampire Counts being the evil little bastard that I am. My vampire lord was undefeatable and so evil!

I like the tyrinids out of 40,000. They are so awesome on many different levels.

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
I play Space Marines in 40k, Vampire Counts in Fantasy and Rohan in LOTR.

The new models are all very awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to the re-release of Vampire Counts in March though.

*glee*

P.M.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
I play way too many things...

Raven Guard Space Marines and Tyranids in 40K (hehehehe so much assaultyness!)

Orcs/Goblins and Dwarfs for Fantasy (one is highly diciplined and elite, and the other is...well...WAAAGH!!)

Isengard for LotR (hehehe die hobbitses!)

All so very much fun and awesomeness.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
irishdelinquent said:
PurpleRain said:
I like the tyrinids out of 40,000. They are so awesome on many different levels.
That they are, PurpleRain, that they are :p
Big spiky stabby death machines. Like Aliens mixed with the Zerg and the aliens off Starship Troopers. Mix two parts of assymulating planets into spore worlds and a hint of killing everything to feed the ever growing hive mind.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Wow 40K sure is popular on this forum. I think I can find atleast 5 disscussing Warhammer or DoW.

I colect Space Marines with an Inquisition add on force And Skaven for warhammer. I havn't played Warhammer in a long time and my models are curently collecting dust but I plan on getting into it again.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
Feh, I prefer tau. They have technology that rivals that of the Imperium, and they're shooty as hell :pewpewpew:

brandon148

Jan 14, 2008
I play Space marines, Imperial gaurd (Me likes teh big tanks), and chaos space marines

Go to www.forums.relicnews.com and you will see a lot of great painters and such, it's pretty cool.

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
Back in the day I used to have an awesome Waaagh! (Space) Orks rule! Looted tanks, using gretchins as bullet shields.. ah, such fun. Never was any good at painting them though, art is not my strong point.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
While my local hobby shop was still open I made an effort to pick up nearly every army book and codex I could get my hands on. I fell in love with the universe and it's gritty, dark atmosphere. While my gaming experience is limited, I'm a big fan of the Dark Eldar and the Orks. One can rush in, rape/torture/kill/cop-a-feel and rush back out while their tiny spandex wearing asses get blown to bits, while the latter can rush in, do all those things, but just keep on rushing in and do it all while shouting "WAAAGH!"

On an unrelated note I think GW should have invested in a WH40K MMO rather than the fantasy setting. While the fantasy setting is awesome, I think the world of 40k was much better suited for an MMO. Just imagine fighting in the streets of some massive hive city or exploring the Eye of Terror in your magical Eldar space yacht.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
I play Eldar (I loved spamming Guardians and Scatter Lasers, while an ally took on the bigger things. Even took down a Keeper of Secrets with my Guardians once), Dark Eldar, Space Marines (Salamanders) and Daemonhunters (Grey Knights... Not quite as good as I had hoped for. At least, not yet).

The Eldar were my first army, and I can't think of a worse choice to start playing with (At least for learning the rules). I also have a medium-sized Empire army for Fantasy, and a small collection of Dogs of War.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
John Galt said:
On an unrelated note I think GW should have invested in a WH40K MMO rather than the fantasy setting. While the fantasy setting is awesome, I think the world of 40k was much better suited for an MMO. Just imagine fighting in the streets of some massive hive city or exploring the Eye of Terror in your magical Eldar space yacht.
I disagree, 40k would be better suited for a Battlefield type game.
I pay classic, and used to be an Ork Boy but could never really get used to the mob approach. Now I play Hordes of Chaos with every unit being Khorne.

BTW: I picked up Atlas Shrugged after reading your thought on good or evil... interesting.

MrKeroChan

Oct 3, 2007
I always liked to play GW and other tabletop games at CONs and the like...still miss it sometimes...but nowadays I'll have to wait for my son to grow up enough for me to corrupt..err...i mean teach him the joys of serious gaming

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I got hooked on 40k back in the Rogue Trader days ('91 for me; RT came out in '89 IIRC) so my collection isn't a product of binge spending but an inability to throw anything out. 16 years of pack-rattery...

That being said, I have about 3000 points apiece of Marines (Whitescars, almost all the ol' plastic beakies/Rhinos), Guard (the infantry's 1st edition plastics mostly, the tanks are current), and Tau. Never did get into the Fantasy end, and the only LOTR figure I picked up was the Balrog. 'Cause it's cool. (Need to paint that up sometime.)

I got big into "Battlefleet Gothic" for a while, too, with middling-sized Imperial Navy, Chaos, and Tau fleets. I'm thinking that BFG is a rival for "best GW game" along with "Blood Bowl".

I had a small Marine army and some Guard auxiliaries for "Space Marine" (now Epic) but I seem to be missing most of the models since my last move... there's also a 1944 US Task Force and 1990 Soviet Tank Battalion at the same scale (1:300) on that shelf.

Add in some figure lines forgotten to modern times (most notably Legions of Steel) and I'm pretty sure I could apply for a foundry license. Yay, obsessions...

-- Steve

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
I got some Tau and some Guard and Grey Knights when I got back into the hobby a few years back. Finally settled on an Ork army since the rules were fresh. I'd always loved the Boys since I started collecting in 2nd Ed (I've got GorkaMorka lying around here somewhere).
Will finish guard if the rumours of a new Dex and plastic karskin's + Valkyrie are true. Tau I'll do sometime too.

For fantasy I've got bout 2000 points of Hordes if Chaos and the same for Dwarfs. Nothing like fielding 20 Iron breakers and a horde of slayers and watching your opponent squirm.

RidleyValiant

White Knight
Nov 12, 2007
Heh 40K, Imperial Guard, Dark Angels, Ultramarines and Eldar.

Warhammer Fantasy, High Elves, Dwarves, Wood Elves.

Bloodbowl though I never played it tabletop wise I play in an online version with Dwarves being my favorite team.

I forget the partiulars of my Necromunda and Mordheim gangs, and had an imperial fleet in battlefleet gothic. I love playing the games hate painting the models.

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
I just started with WH40K. I play Salamanders Space Marines right now. Or as I like to call them, The Burninators of the Emperor. TROGDOR!

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
A fellow Salamanders player! I suggest "Through The Fire And The Flames" for an army theme tune. And I can't believe I forgot about the fact that I play Warmachine!

Gotta love the Cygnar. My ranged troops seem to do better in melee than my melee troops, for some reason.

Edit: And then there was Blood Bowl. "Aren't you going to get the ball? Y'know, so you can *win* the game?" "Win the game? Win the game?! Are you nuts? If I kill the enemy, they can't stop me later on in the league! Blitz!"