Warhammer/Tabletop gaming thread

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
Blayze said:
Hey, it worked for EVE Online. "Kay guys, you're in space. Here's a little backstory. Right, we're done. Knock yourselves out."
Yeh but space-ships are far less limited in their movement than Trukks. Trukks have to stay on land. Space-ships can go pretty much anywhere. I think we're both agreed that Necromunda would be the best option for a 40k MMO.

GenHellspawn said:
I don't feel like posting any of my stuff. And Possum man, your stuff looks pretty good!
Thanks dude, I'm always working on stuff so I update a fair bit and comments are always appreciated. :)

P.M.

The Gil-Monster

Nov 26, 2007
I guess this thread about tabletop gaming is good as any to post this: I made my own.

[http://www.amputheatre.com/] The World's Goriest Board Game.

It's based on every fighting game and every horror movie out there. It employs action figures (protoypes, all made by me) with removable heads and limbs. They're all serial killers forced to fight to the gory death in a trap-filled arena. They behead and dismember each other apart with chainsaws, and even set each other on fire.

And it's been patented (U.S. 6,938,838).

Now I just need a truckload of money my way...

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
*sniff* I got around 3,000 points on Chaos, share some Lizzies with my brother.
Not much compared to you, not by a long shot.

Sinharvest

Nov 9, 2007
Khell_Sennet said:
Just going off the top of my head, and this is 3rd ed's rules I play...

Chaos Space Marines
Iron Warriors - ~10,000pts
Night Lords - 2,000pts
Word Bearers - 1,000pts
World Eaters - 2,000pts
Thousand Sons - 5,000pts
Black Legion - 1,000pts
Alpha Legion - 6,000pts

Imperial Guard
Custom army - 1,500pts

Space Marines - Combined points est 10-15k
Dark Angels
Space Wolves
Imperial Fists
2 Custom armies

Tyranids - est 7,000pts plus custom monsters (additional 500pts)

Dark Eldar - about 40 warriors and 3 bikes

Tau. 10,000 pts.

Lizardmen - No frackin clue how many points... 16 Cold one riders, 84 lizardmen, a slaan, about 60 skinks, and one OLD skink bowman for color testing.

Orcs - one blister of squigs
My God! I peed my pants thinking about how much that all cost.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
Just going off the top of my head, and this is 3rd ed's rules I play...

Chaos Space Marines
Iron Warriors - ~10,000pts
Night Lords - 2,000pts
Word Bearers - 1,000pts
World Eaters - 2,000pts
Thousand Sons - 5,000pts
Black Legion - 1,000pts
Alpha Legion - 6,000pts

Imperial Guard
Custom army - 1,500pts

Space Marines - Combined points est 10-15k
Dark Angels
Space Wolves
Imperial Fists
2 Custom armies

Tyranids - est 7,000pts plus custom monsters (additional 500pts)

Dark Eldar - about 40 warriors and 3 bikes

Tau. 10,000 pts.

Lizardmen - No frackin clue how many points... 16 Cold one riders, 84 lizardmen, a slaan, about 60 skinks, and one OLD skink bowman for color testing.

Orcs - one blister of squigs
......you sir, have an addiction. But then again, don't we all

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
Spleenbag said:
I just recently started played DnD (it's a tabletop game, so it counts!)

Myself as DM, w/ four friends playing characters. It's absolutely some of the best fun out there.
Good to see new people starting to play. I have been badgering my old gaming buddies into starting back up. We all have the books and the the want to play.. just not the time. Well, individually we all do, but getting our free time to sync is near impossible these days.
Sadness.....
As for mini-type games, I would LOVE to have the scratch to play WH Fantasy or 40k. I have played a few times with some friends that were pretty hard core and loved it. Course I love about any type of mini game. Even (don't lynch me) the 'clicks' games. Yeah, I said it! So there!
I hear all you hard core mini-guys lighting your torches and grabbing your pitchforks, so I'm gonna go hide now.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Haliwali said:
OK, get yourself a new one and we'll be best friend. start the booze cruise.
lol Warhammer is only one of my many addictions...the booze cruise is definately one of the top ones

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
ON the topic of 40K... If I were to borrow our digital camera at work, I could photo some of my better conversions. Is there any interest in seeing them?

Back in the days of Blackorc.com, when I was spending like mad on miniatures, I made so many customized minis that they had me do step-by-step articles on how to replicate some of them :p I have this one custom Nid that used an entire TWO boxes of fantasy skellies just for decorating his baseplate.
Yes lol. Love conversions/ and converting even more. Always good to get inspiration from like minded folk.
I'd do the same if I could get my hands on a Digi camera and new how to post pics.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
ON the topic of 40K... If I were to borrow our digital camera at work, I could photo some of my better conversions. Is there any interest in seeing them?

Back in the days of Blackorc.com, when I was spending like mad on miniatures, I made so many customized minis that they had me do step-by-step articles on how to replicate some of them :p I have this one custom Nid that used an entire TWO boxes of fantasy skellies just for decorating his baseplate.
By all means show the conversions. hehehehe love the dead bodies for your custom 'nid, lovely touch

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
I honestly have no idea how much stuff I have. I've been collecting for almost 10 years so I've amassed quite a bit. I'm currently re-doing my Ultramarines force and I'll be buffing up my Vampire Counts in March :)

Still working on getting a full Space Marine Company though, man that's a challenge, especially without the "Marine Battle Company" box.

P.M.