Warner Reveals Arkham City PC Release Date

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Warner Reveals Arkham City PC Release Date

With a month to wait, PC players will have to be like the Dark Knight himself to avoid Arkham City spoilers.

Warner Bros., owners of Batman: Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Pc/dp/B004H80TUC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1319023037&sr=8-5 ] developer Rocksteady Studios, has finally announced the release date for the game on the PC. While console players around the world will get their hands on the game this week, PC players will have to wait until November 18th, a full month after the other platforms.

No reason was given for the month long delay, although Rocksteady's Sefton Hill has previously [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113297-Rocksteady-Promises-PC-Version-of-Arkham-City-Will-Be-Worth-the-Wait] said that the studio wanted to give PC players the best version possible, and implied that the extra time was being used to polish the game to a mirror finish. "We got a lot of credit on the first one, about how well it played on the PC, and how well refined the controls were," he explained last month. "It's because part of our attitude is always to listen to those people. We want to make the best game we can for all SKUs."

[gallery=512]

Warner has supplied some new screenshots, however, should you need something to tide yourself over - or torture yourself with, depending on your point of view - until November rolls around. As you can no doubt see, it's mainly just Batman doing Batman-y things, but there's a shot of the Joker thrown in for good measure too.

Source: PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/18/batman-arkham-city-pc-release-date-set-for-november-18-new-screenshots-swoop-in/]

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Looks like the Joker could benefit from some cosmetic surgery.

Give Rocksteady as much time as they need to make this the best port possible. Played Asylum on PC and plan to do the same for Arkham City.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
And not available on Steam in the UK because Game have apparently paid Warner Bros off.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Guess I'll be waiting for a while on this game then, as by release I'll be too busy with Skyrim. It's a shame, as I was really looking forward to this.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Woodsey said:
And not available on Steam in the UK because Game have apparently paid Warner Bros off.
WTF?! Bloody GAME. They did the same with Space Marine too.

Considering all the games coming out in November I'm saving Arkham City until after Christmas. I've played a demo, and it was quite good, but Skyrim and Saint's Row are slightly higher up my list.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well damn. So long, YouTube videos that have Batman:AC gameplay. Half the comments will be spoilers.
Oh well, I'm still sure it'll be worth the wait.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Oh well since i am not getting skyrim on release but a few month later(after all the initial bugs are patched and the first mods start arriving) i don't mind this, better a little delay than having a port with bad controls.

Jul 9, 2008
Dr_Horrible said:
Guess I'll be waiting for a while on this game then, as by release I'll be too busy with Skyrim. It's a shame, as I was really looking forward to this.
That's my mentality as well. My initial thought was "Oh, it's coming out mid-october? I'll get it to tide me over until Skyrim." But now? I won't get it for months.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
Woodsey said:
Ohh so THATS why it said it wasn't available on steam for my region.... well, sod game, I'll just get it off amazon instead!

On topic, I'm not too fussed about the delay. It's a bit irritating, but since I have to save up money to buy it, I suppose it gives me more time to do so!

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I just preordered it on steam, but i couldn't find any details regarding the DLC and the preorder bonuses that were avaiable for the console versions. I assume i get the catwoman stuff, but will i get the costumes or the robin DLC?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Dr_Horrible said:
Heh, you're Horrible
I'm wonderful.

I'm sorry that you guys have to wait a month. It's a VERY good game and my mind boggles at the power of the PC behind it.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
No reason was given for the month long delay, although Rocksteady's Sefton Hill has previously [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113297-Rocksteady-Promises-PC-Version-of-Arkham-City-Will-Be-Worth-the-Wait] said that the studio wanted to give PC players the best version possible, and implied that the extra time was being used to polish the game to a mirror finish.
It's great that they are really working to make a game that take advantage of what the PC does over consoles, even though it is a multiformat game. Hat's off for that, but we all know the reason for the delay. It's all down to fears over PC piracy.

With a months delay, that stops sales being lost from console buyers who instead decide to play a pirate PC version. Not saying this is what will actually happen, just this is what publishers think will happen. This is why we have seen multiple titles that have had their PC launch delayed to give consoles exclusivity for a period of time.

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Ahhh , the old 'want more time to make it the best routine ' again... oh coincidently the Asylum game was also delayed for the PC , that time it was suppose to be to get nVidia physX technology into the game... oh yeah thats believable, oh we will delay the game to allow a 3rd party feature addition so late in the game.

How [ expletetive - rhymes with duck ] stupid do these publishers think we are ? That we will buy the same bullshit escuse every [ duck expletetive again ] time ?

Ah well, yet another game I wont have to spend money on...may get it on one of those really cheap sales, Skyrim is looking more tempting at the moment, but not for pre-order, oh no Bethesda havent got a good reputation for solid launches in my books ( see Rage , Fallout 3 , New Vegas ... practically every game they have done )

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Woodsey said:
While I agree that's quite a bullshit practice, won't you just get it cheaper on Game (or really any physical retailer for that matter) anyway? I get that people like digital downloads, but paying more for one doesn't make a lot of sense to me, considering the awesome prices UK retailers tend to have.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Vrach said:
Woodsey said:
While I agree that's quite a bullshit practice, won't you just get it cheaper on Game (or really any physical retailer for that matter) anyway? I get that people like digital downloads, but paying more for one doesn't make a lot of sense to me, considering the awesome prices UK retailers tend to have.
Nope, Steam is usually cheaper or equal here - and if not it'll be on a sale in no time anyway. UK retailers also have an embarassing amount of shelf space for PC games (i.e. none).

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Woodsey said:
Vrach said:
Woodsey said:
Nope, Steam is usually cheaper or equal here - and if not it'll be on a sale in no time anyway. UK retailers also have an embarassing amount of shelf space for PC games (i.e. none).
Just as a starting point, BAC is $40-us on steam if you own BAA.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Ne1butme said:
Woodsey said:
Vrach said:
Woodsey said:
Just as a starting point, BAC is $40-us on steam if you own BAA.
Yeah, stuff like this too. I pre-ordered BioShock 2 after all the reviews had come out, it was £25 and I got the first game free.

EvilEggCracker

Apr 2, 2011
Woodsey said:
I'd really advise using Amazon in the UK, tbh. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-City-PC-DVD/dp/B0030T12BE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319043066&sr=8-1

It's 26 quid for the PC version on Amazon, whereas Game as it 38 pounds http://www.game.co.uk/en/batman-arkham-city-robin-edition-149215?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Arkham%20City&attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&attributeValue1=429496725.

Amazon tends to have most PC games under 30 quid on release and frequently has the Collector's Edition cost the same (or just a few quid more) as the normal boxed game. Steam is way way too overpriced for the UK market. It's pretty useless to buy games on, unless there's a sale on.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, considering that Arkham Asylum runs awesomely good on my PC and it plays awesomely great with both a 360 controller and a M+K (Mouse & Keyboard), then I'm expecting no less from Rocksteady.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
EvilEggCracker said:
Woodsey said:
I'd really advise using Amazon in the UK, tbh. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-City-PC-DVD/dp/B0030T12BE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319043066&sr=8-1

It's 26 quid for the PC version on Amazon, whereas Game as it 38 pounds http://www.game.co.uk/en/batman-arkham-city-robin-edition-149215?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Arkham%20City&attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&attributeValue1=429496725.

Amazon tends to have most PC games under 30 quid on release and frequently has the Collector's Edition cost the same (or just a few quid more) as the normal boxed game. Steam is way way too overpriced for the UK market. It's pretty useless to buy games on, unless there's a sale on.
The last *however many* new releases I've bought on Steam have all been £25.