Warren Spector Wants DuckTales Badly

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
DuckTales was the best Disney-produced animation ever not named Gargoyles or W.I.T.C.H. The NES game was, and remains still, awesome (and indeed, the Moon theme is one of the greatest chiptune compositions in the history of music).

If done right, this would be glorious.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Aura Guardian said:
FallenTraveler said:
Aura Guardian said:
I'll buy Epic Mickey 3 times to help with a Wii Ducktales.
I second that... except I dont have a wii so I will buy the move port 3 times!
But it's a Wii exclusive.
They are considering to port it to the other Consoles.

Besides that, Fun-Fact time.

In Germany those Scrooge MCDuck is called Dagobert Duck and those three Kids are called Tick, Trick and Track.
Donald is still Donald though.
It has been a while since i have been reading a Lustiges Taschenbuch (Funny Paberback) from Disney. I think they came out here (or are coming out here) like once every month with something like two hundred pages for each book.

The thing is that they got boring after a while and even more boring when i stepped into mangas like battle Angel Alita, with their awesome developing personalitys and dramatic epic storys.
But the mangas became the same shit over and over again, and the drawingstyles got lazy and of a cheap quality compared to my early readings and even good series like Dragonball became abominations of awfull writing. (Sigh)

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Holy fruitbats. If buying this game means a modern era Ducktales game will come to be, I'll buy it at launch, I'll buy it a week later, I'll buy it a month later!

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
Ah such fond memories on my past life. I really really reaaaaaaaally hope he gets thumbs up to go ahead with the ducks, specially if there's a cameo on the grumpy trio uncle.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I can dig it. I enjoyed the Ducktales episodes, and can see a lot of videogame fun to be had there.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Personally I never gave two craps about Micky Mouse, he was a boring little moron, but I loved the Ducks, I grew up reading and watching Duck Tales, hell I still remember the theme song! I also remember the games, they were pretty good.

Give us Duck Tales!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
NickCaligo42 said:
Dear Disney:

Cut Square-Enix out of Kingdom Hearts and substitute this man in their place. He actually knows your characters, respects their legacy, and CLEARLY wants to make the most of them where Square wrongly feels they're an inconvenience.
My thoughts exactly. At the very least include him on the Disney related parts of the game. I was considering getting Epic Mickey. This hasn't 100% convinced me, but the scales of decision sure have tipped.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Duck Tales: My all-time favourite cartoon series! I will now buy Epic Mickey, to ensure this game gets made. I want the Duck Tales love!

My avatar should be enough proof of how awesome I think this game would be :)

John Funk said:

DuckTales! Whoo-hoo!

Yeah, that's about it. I'd play the hell out of this game, Warren.
You stole the link right out of my clipboard, Funk. :p

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Spector has good taste. Scrooge McDuck is essentially the symbol of the political and ideological philosophy that motivated many of Walt Disney's (the person, not the organisation....although I suppose the two were one and the same at the time he was alive) works. For a developer who loves to include choice and consenquence in his games, it is practically a perfect match.

I hope Disney grants him permission to make a game out of the ducks, beacuse the idea has a lot of merit.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Aquatopia said:
As long as he includes the Moon Theme from the original NES game. Or a fancy remix, for cripes' sake.

I can even suggest a good lyricist... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHEgzRtKC5o
Yes yes yes and yes, exactly what I came in to say... except people need to hear the original. That brentalfloss crap doesn't hardly do justice to one of the best NES tunes ever coded:

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
Aquatopia said:
As long as he includes the Moon Theme from the original NES game. Or a fancy remix, for cripes' sake.

I can even suggest a good lyricist... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHEgzRtKC5o
Yes, my friend! Brentalfloss is a legend.

OT: All I really want is a HD remake of Ducktales for the NES.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
I grew up watching DuckTales and TailSpin and Darkwing duck..some of the best memories i have of my childhood(Im only 17 now lol)

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Darkwing Duck: Suck Gas Evildoers...almost no one ever gets that quote.

Seriously though, Warren Spector plus ducktails...that could be absolutely EPIC!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
..solve a mystery, or even rewrite history.
No...

NO!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

NOT THE SONG!

IT WAS FINALLY GONE!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
There was also a PC DuckTales game that was quite fun... and challenging if not played on a 386 ;P

Pikeperch

May 3, 2010
When I grew up I had a subscription for "Kalle Anka & CO", Donald Duck & CO, it was the highlight of my week. I also started subscribing to Kalle Anka Pocket which came monthly and were larger.

Those had pretty good Mickey stories also, he was basically a private detective helping out the local police of Duckburg, some of them could be quite dark for a children's comic. It would be cool to see a game based on that Mickey.

And as for a duck game, make a game based on Don Rosa's "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
". Best Scrooge story ever.

Fun fact for those interested in languages:
In swedish, uncle is either "farbror", father's brother, or "morbror", mother's brother. Uncle Scrooge has always been know as "Farbror Joakim", which was kind of odd when it was revealed that he was actually Donald's mother's brother. Because of this, when Scrooge first meets Donald in "Life and Times" he says the line "I am your 'morbror', but you can call me 'farbror'".