Was Twilight Princess really that bad?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The only zelda game I would say that might be better then twilight princess is majoras mask but if it is, its only barely better, I think midna puts twilight princess over the top, she is the most expressive char Ive seen in any game and shes awesome

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Wait, people thought it was BAD?

I thought it was great! I mean, i only played OOT and Majoras Mask, but even still, i found TP to be a nice enjoyable game.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
DustyDrB said:
What? You're acting like it's gotten the black sheep treatment? No, I love it. It's still my second favorite game ever because it has such great temples and bosses (best in the series, in my opinion).
Yeah, TP had some amazing dungeons. Don't remember any that I particularly disliked, but I haven't played it in a long time.

legend forge

Mar 26, 2010
I actually really liked it, enjoyed spending time trying to imagine how things changed from OoT. The gameplay was fun, and I just really missed the zelda gameplay as I hated Wind Waker.

Jan 27, 2011
It was a great game. but the final boss was just plain disappointing.

A super epic looking attack takes out HALF A HEART? That's just unacceptable.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Wow, people liked it?

I thought it was generally thought of as one of the worst! I don't know where that opinion came from though. Maybe from 2009, when it was still new and people had fresh opinions on it.

Jzcaesar

Mar 29, 2011
I liked it general. Specifically, I liked the art style, story (mostly, I wish Zelda played a slightly bigger part but w/e, see next point), Midna. I think the only thing I didn't really like was the rubberiness of your sword bouncing off stuff, but that was just a design choice really.

gothic wolf

Jan 10, 2010
I think its one of the better zelda games, im replaying it for the 5th time in preperation for when skyward sword comes out, its not the best or my favourite. the only thing i found dissapointing was the final boss fight, I didn't think it was a bad fight but just wasnt epic enough for a final boss (i of would preffered something along the line of ganon from oot.

And before people ask my favourite zelda game is majoras mask.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
i liked it but i felt it was incomplete and putting in the final boss like that was just stupid

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I think the main problem was that everyone expected something great from the trailers, and the end result was "meh".

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Wait, people dislike Twilight Princess?

I couldn't decide which is better, TP or OoT. Whichever is better is the best game ever, the other is the second best. They were both great, and I thought TP actually made fairly good use of the WiiMote and was probably the only example of motion controls done well in a 'core game.

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
I liked it very much, actually. Not as much as Wind Waker, which will forever retain a place as my favorite game, but I had fun...Isn't that all that matters in the end?

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I don't think the game itself was all that bad. The story kept me going, the characterization was solid and the sword and horse-riding gameplay mechanics were the best they've ever been.
What keeps it from being the best Zelda game was poor level design. Zelda's dungeons have always been sprawling and had many ways you could go, making getting through the dungeon about exploration. The dungeons in Twilight Princess were all pretty much linear, which is why the game seemed easier than past Zelda games. Even the Snow Dungeon, which had multiple paths you could take, was made linear by the fact that the branching paths wouldn't open up until you went through the earlier paths.

liamwazhere

Jul 12, 2009
I liked twilight princess! I get that people think that Nintendo could be creative. But the fact remains Nintendo is not creative. They will never innovate, get over it.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Well, I loved Twilight Princess. Legend of Zelda games have seemed easy to me since Ocarina of Time, but I personally don't play them for a soul-crushing challenge, I play them for the story, exploration and scenic locales. Besides, the control scheme was enough of a challenge for me. I honestly do not like being forced to flick the controller a certain way to execute moves, because half the time it would think I was doing something else entirely.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
To be honest, I think the only realy reason that I couldn't get into was because I was far too used to the 2D bird's-eye-view layout from the original Zeldas, haha.

x

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I think it was nintendo trying to take the best parts of every zelda game into one. It's a great game, it's just not as good as the sum of it's parts.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I liked it, but then again, I think that was the first or second Zelda game I actually played through (The only two I have ever owned are Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess)

deus-ex-machina

Jan 22, 2010
I haven't finished playing it yet. Yeah, I'm enjoying it and other than finding it very linear so far (not even having the chance to do side quests so far) it's a good game. But I have to admit I'm no where near as excited as I was over OoT and MM. Probably on par with WW. Which definitely isn't a bad thing.