Was Twilight Princess really that bad?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I think the reason people would dislike it is that everyone didn't like how similar it was to OoT, they wanted something a bit different.

But I loved Twilight Princess, my favorite Zelda game.

The Big Boss

Apr 4, 2011
Twilight Princess is awesome! And the graphics were great, don't forget that it was originally made for the gamecube. Sure, it felt kinda lonely and depressing at times but i still loved it!

Stonert

Jul 3, 2010
Graphics were great, everything else was pretty much a letdown. It was still a decent Zelda title, just not the amazing, wonderful, original experience I had imagined and hoped for. Windwaker, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time were much better in those regards.

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
Pfffff, I am from the Ocarina of time generation, but I have to say that Twilight princess is better. Sure OoT is one of the most renowned games ever, but that still doesn't mean it's the best in the series. Heck, I like wind waker and twilight better than Ocarina of time. I actually also like one of the handheld games better (gameboy, advance, DS etc) Can't remember the name though -_-'

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Twilight Princess was bad? No. It's not the hardest of Zelda games, it doesn't have the most challenging puzzles, and, ooh, it's on the Wii, big whoop. Turns out--it was actually quite fun. Midna's tragic story, combined with new locations, the aesthetic, and new twists on old favorites all culminated in what has become my favorite game of the series. The Wii controls fit well enough into the game, don't hinder anything, and even take advantage of a few tricks of the scheme to maximize effect. It may have taken the OoT formula in some respects, but it did it better, in my opinion.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
Short version; no.
Long version; I simply don't understand the vehemence of some of the backlash that I had noticed against the game, especially considering how minor the negative points they raised were. In fact, some of the negative points seemed to go 180 degrees against the things that beforehand they had specifically been looking forward to and praising.
The shield butt skill is tricky to pull off due to wonky nunchuck motion detection, is about the biggest issue. And the number of enemies that actually require that skill are minimal. That, and its not too hard to practice and find the right sort of way to jerk your hand forward to get it to happen.
That's the biggest flaw I found in twilight princess.

I seem to recall "Its too brown" being something that some people complained about? Its no Gears of War (which is a fun enough game, but damn, that art direction), there is still a greater variety of style and it all works nicely to create atmosphere. In fact, you could compare it to Silent Hill. Fogging is generally a bad thing, but there, it fits and works and helps the game. Limited colour palette is generally a bad thing, but there, it fits and works and helps the game. Especially since its far from being the whole game.

Gustavo S. Buschle

Feb 23, 2011
My top 4 Zelda games are
The Wind Waker(probably because I played it first)
Twilight Princess
Majora's Mask
A Link To The Past

So there you go.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I thought the game was fantastic, and very satisfying. The majority of the complaints I've seen are that it was too similar to Ocarina of Time(which I don't really see other than the horse), but I thought it really improved on it. And Midna is a great character. I was so worried she was going to be another Navi when I first played it, but by the end I actually cared about the character.

Twilight Princess isn't a bad game, different people just have different tastes.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
It was acually pretty good. I would recommend you get outta the troll side of the internet and look at ppl who acaually know a thing or two. It was easy, its graphics were better than gc. (Keep in mind nintendo isnt a graphics powerhouse.)

KingCrInuYasha

Jan 17, 2011
No. While it was somewhat average compared to most of the other games in the franchise, the flaws weren't bad enough to kill my overall experience with the game.

Delicious Anathema

Aug 25, 2009
It was ANOTHER Zelda.

I got halfway through and realized it was boring and there were more innovative and interesting videogames out there. ALTTP is the best.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
No.
It was great.
Nopony will convince me otherwise.
There may be better games, but it was and sil is great.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Well, it's still one of my favourite games of this console generation and I've already beaten it about five times, enjoying every playthrough. I think the two main reasons it was unpopular among quite some people were the fact that is technically a port of a GameCube game that had been originally scheduled more than a year earlier and the hype that was being built up caused unreasonable expectations.

Also, every time a new Zelda comes out a lot of parts of the fandom that preferred another installment are overly critical about the game. Because of the consistant very high quality of the franchise the bar is always put very high.

zfactor

Jan 16, 2010
I thought it was pretty much awesome (not as good as OoT or MM). I got more attached to the characters than in other games which only really happens in Bioware games and Saint's Row 2. Which is wierd.