Watch and Weep: DragonStrike's 1993 Video Tutorial

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Quite interesting, sorta reminds me of some of the cheesey Action Max video game videos, granted I think some of them had higher production values...

Pops Ghostly FTW!

Feb 13, 2008
Therumancer said:
No, and it's that attitude that brings a lot of problems down on fandom communities. Sometimes what is being said is BS, sometimes there is truth in it.
May I suggest you have a closer look at the incident, and the film that came from it before you launch into blanket denials.

The young child mentioned decided to commit suicide in the steam tunnels; and it was the detective sent in to find him who made up the idea that he was playing games. Something that wasn't corrorabarated and was the only "truth" used in Mazes and Monsters.
The youth came out by himself and later took his own life. Although as it wasn't in the steam tunnels, it didn't make the headlines.
Gygax dismissed it as rot as it was. The Vampire murders were similar, as was Michael Ryan's use of Play By Mail games, and the psychopath who modelled himself around Emperor Palpatine.

What upsets me the most though, is how people still consider Gygax responsible and didn't even give time for the earth to settle on his coffin before writing reports accusing him of assisting homocide. Which certainly appears to be what you are doing here.

I would suggest you go back and have a good look at the case, and then Mazes and Monsters and try and find exactly how much "truthiness" is in them.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
The acting is more or less this:
They're eating the rogue, and then they're going to eat me!
OOOHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDD!
Damn, Spoony had the right idea riffin' this one.

Namewithheld

Apr 30, 2008
If you ever want to grind your game to a halt for a bit, just look at your players and announce, "HA! NOW YOU'RE WORKING TOGETHER!"