Watch Dogs Delayed to 2014

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
It's odd that it is so close to the release date that they've decided to delay it, but I don't mind. I'll take a delayed game over a shit/broken one any day.

I do wonder how it'll affect all those day-one next-gen consoles that were bundled with Watch Dogs though.
All of these things +1.

While I am somewhat miffed that I have to wait even longer, I hope they take the time to make it truly special. I also hope that all this extra work doesn't flow into "pre-order DLC" nonsense.

Having said that, I really have no reasons to buy a PS4 at launch anymore...might as well wait until version two comes out without whatever kinks may be in the first batch (also potential bundle deals to offset the invariable buyer's remorse returns post-X-mas).

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
dragongit said:
Well, this actually might be a sour taste in many pre orders mouths. Watch dogs was one of the main reasons to go to the next Generation. Now the PS4 has less of an advantage with the Xbones exclusive launch lineup. It was the game I planned to get at launch too. Guess I'll have to switch over to something else.
^ probably the reason they waited till the last second to announce it I imagine Sony and Microsoft would have slapped them if they dropped one of the best release titles right away, especially while Microsoft was apparently trying on purpose to alienate everyone in existence.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
So one of the few games worth getting at launch has been delayed...interesting move, as there already was very little reason to move to the next gen

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Excellent, now I'll have plenty of time to play the (delayed) PC version of AC4 Black Flag. What Ubisoft were doing competing for their own sales in the first place I have no idea...

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I am quite OK with this...I have very little money right now but (hopefully) I will be working full-time starting next year in which case I will be able to afford it :)

Versesai

Jun 6, 2013
I have to say, I'm not surprised and I am actually kind of glad on this one. Watch Dogs is one of the biggest things I've been looking forward to but I had this nagging doubt that even with it's development time, the energy behind it and the fountains of saliva we've all been pouring over it to cast it from pure obsidian it wouldn't be ready when these new consoles started rolling out. It's hard to get a game in on deadline most of the time anyway, nevermind when you're working with this level of game and the dawn of a new hardware platform.

I shall patiently await it's release now and pray that the bugs are exterminated. Or rather, I shall chew at my own arm in anticipation until it's released.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Oh, thank God. I can put off upgrading my computer for a few more months.

Honestly, with a game that seems to have the kind of scope of Watch Dogs, I'm just as glad to hear that they care about the end result enough to prefer delaying it to rushing it out the door.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gigastar said:
Of course this is to be the case. How else are they going to biuld a franchise off the back of a game if it launches with more bugs than New Vegas?
I don't know, everyone else seems to do fine with broken, buggy games....

CriticalMiss said:
I'm suprised that the game is being delayed so close to release, surely they would have needed more than that to get the game printed on to DVDs and distributed? But at least they know when it is best to delay a game and release it when it is done rather than rush it out and fix the bugs post-launch.
I suspect they've known this for a while now. I seriously doubt they could get the game out within this timeframe.

Kwil said:
Wow. Ubisoft is really in the "screw-over the console makers" mode lately, aren't they? First Nintendo with their "No DLC for Wii U" and now Microsoft and Sony with a "No hyped launch title for you guys, hope that doesn't screw with your marketing plans too much."

Not doing themselves a lot of favors for any future dealings with console makers are they?
I wonder which would be worse though. If they delayed an anticipated launch title, or if it was buggy as shit.

Coreless said:
Guess GTAV really was more then Ubisoft bargained for, I suspect they are delaying it so they can add in a bunch of features that they hope can compete with something like GTA's online component.
I would think making it work would be sufficient.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Sheo_Dagana said:
There goes my only real motivation to bother with any of the day-one business to get a PS4.

I'm pretty disappointed there's a delay, but if that's what it takes then I'm glad Ubisoft gave them more time. God knows EA would have told them to just go ahead.
Not sure, EA gave BioWare a year for Dragon Age: Inquisition and they aren't pushing DICE too hard for Mirror's Edge 2. Now if it was a year ago I would have agreed.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Andy Shandy said:
It's odd that it is so close to the release date that they've decided to delay it
This is Ubisoft we're talking about,the company that delayed Rayman Legends on Wii U like 2 weeks before it was due to launch

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Get_A_Grip_ said:
SkarKrow said:
Get_A_Grip_ said:
Well it is nice to see that they're not rushing the game out with the aim of making a more polished experience.

But, I do expect that Ubisoft also don't want Watch_Dogs_ competing with Assassins Creed IV for holiday season sales. Given the choice I think most people would choose WD over AC IV.
Sadly I think it would likely be the other way round, with Assassins Creed IV cannibalising the sales for Watch Dogs. Which would be very sad indeed, and would suck for Ubisoft.

Overall it hopefully leads to a better final product. It does mean for those who play on consoles that there's one less reason to upgrade though.
That was my first thought, but Assassins Creed 3 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Especially after that ending. But like most cases on the internet that could just be the vocal minority giving me that impression.
I think it'as the vocal minority. I know enough people who loved AssCreed 3.

As for my opinion, well, it's fucking awful. It was completely unfinished at launch. The entire game was a horrible buggy mess. It was boring and largely uninteresting, there were far too few assassinations, the stage and mission design was atrociously flawed and the control scheme change was utterly fucking pointless.

Wish I'd gone on instinct and kept away from the pile of crap :D

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
The Watch Dogs delay looks like something went seriously wrong with it or they are trying to get the pointlessly shit 30fps up to 60 and some think its about moving it away from Assassins Creed but the fact that they also delayed The Crew equally much makes it look more like a strategic choice than something the went wrong specifically with Watch Dogs.