Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
bug_of_war said:
Casual Shinji said:
bug_of_war said:
To anyone who cares, Watch Dogs is a part of the AC universe
Great, now I have no interest in playing it at all.

Ubisoft and their damn conspiracy boners.
Sweet, now I guess you've got no reason to post on a Watch Dogs thread then.
Oh don't worry, I'll find a reason. >:)

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
And now Ubisoft and nVidia have no reason to work with making the experience equitable for AMD users.

Oh hey look, they know it too!

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/en-US/press/detail.aspx?cid=tcm%3A99-146531-16&ctid=tcm%3A95-27313-32

Screw Ubisoft, I won't be punished for choosing value for money hardware.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I don't wanna be the one to say this, but I think it sold that much because the game was hyped to hell and let's face it..the next gen consoles barely have any games so the people that bought them were frothing at the mouth for a "proper" AAA game to play.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Nimzabaat said:
No need to get so defensive. I didn't say they didn't have jobs or families either, the ones responding to the survey did (there's a "don't shoot the messenger" bit somewhere in there). I also didn't say they would never have such things, I kind of assume that most of us are still in school and avidly working towards their/our dreams. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's just that when you are not employed and your time has no value, it gives you a very different perspective than someone whose time has value. So when I see my fellow escapists ranting about "how can anyone buy this?" or "why would a company think they can get away with this?", I have to take into account that they are looking at things from one perspective and are quite unable to see why the situation would look different from another perspective. I also didn't say anything about the escapists representing a majority of gamers, that's clearly untrue.
Sorry mate, just use to a lot of people on this website over reacting towards AAA games that I ended up over reacting.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
bug_of_war said:
Nimzabaat said:
No need to get so defensive. I didn't say they didn't have jobs or families either, the ones responding to the survey did (there's a "don't shoot the messenger" bit somewhere in there). I also didn't say they would never have such things, I kind of assume that most of us are still in school and avidly working towards their/our dreams. There's nothing wrong with that at all. It's just that when you are not employed and your time has no value, it gives you a very different perspective than someone whose time has value. So when I see my fellow escapists ranting about "how can anyone buy this?" or "why would a company think they can get away with this?", I have to take into account that they are looking at things from one perspective and are quite unable to see why the situation would look different from another perspective. I also didn't say anything about the escapists representing a majority of gamers, that's clearly untrue.
Sorry mate, just use to a lot of people on this website over reacting towards AAA games that I ended up over reacting.
Fair enough, no harm done. I've noticed the same thing myself and have been putting a bit of thought into why that is lately.

So here's a question, if you don't mind: If you have Watch Dogs, was the graphics thing as big a deal as people here seemed to make it? I saw the E3 vs Actual Game screen shots and they were suitably different. But actual gameplay video seems to be far prettier than the "actual game screen shots" that were put forth during the "controversy". Even during Jim Sterlings review he had a bunch of nice things to say about the graphics. I was just wondering what your impressions were. (I haven't bought WD myself as, after seeing my games backlog, i'm doing the finish two games before I buy a new one thing)

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Akisa said:
Stabby Joe said:
I'm hoping the sequel will be the great leap we really wanted, like Assassin's Creed 2 eventually was. So far though I'm not all that impressed, more so given the relentless marketing and hype. Yes, I know that shouldn't tarnish the actual quality of the game itself but it's hard not to roll one's eyes at times, more so at the past coverage now that it's out.
Forced always online requirement where if your connection has even the slightest hicup your play time is over no matter what you're doing?
I played the console version so no comment from me there on that part.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Nimzabaat said:
Fair enough, no harm done. I've noticed the same thing myself and have been putting a bit of thought into why that is lately.

So here's a question, if you don't mind: If you have Watch Dogs, was the graphics thing as big a deal as people here seemed to make it? I saw the E3 vs Actual Game screen shots and they were suitably different. But actual gameplay video seems to be far prettier than the "actual game screen shots" that were put forth during the "controversy". Even during Jim Sterlings review he had a bunch of nice things to say about the graphics. I was just wondering what your impressions were. (I haven't bought WD myself as, after seeing my games backlog, i'm doing the finish two games before I buy a new one thing)
The game looks pretty nice. I'm playing on the PS4 and to be honest I've never been the one to be big on graphics so if you are the type of, "graphics makes a game" person that take my word with a grain of salt. All in all the game is pretty solid, I spend to much time playing it to really stop and see if I have a reflection or any of that bullshit that some people are complaining about. Think of it like a faster paced GTA with some hacking thrown in for fun.

So yeah, good game all round.