Watch Dogs PC Modders Find Hidden "E3" Settings, Improve Performance - Update

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
"It was garbage, but it had been cooked by an expert. Oh, yes. You had to admire the way perfectly innocent words were mugged, ravished, stripped of all true meaning and decency and then sent to walk the gutter. The problems were clearly the result of some mysterious spasm in the universe and had nothing to do with greed, arrogance and wilful stupidity. Oh, the management had made mistakes - oops, ?well-intentioned judgements which, with the benefit of hindsight, might regrettably have been, in some respects, in error? - but these had mostly occurred, it appeared, while correcting ?fundamental systemic errors? committed by the previous management. No one was sorry for anything because no living creature had done anything wrong; bad things had happened by spontaneous generation in some weird, chilly, geometrical otherworld, and ?were to be regretted?."

- Discworld 'Going Postal'

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Illessa said:
Halyah said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Found some code in W_D:

They were really so stupid as to leave something like that in the code and then release the game to a playerbase famous for scouring through code for just about anything under the sun? Did they really think that was gonna go unnoticed?
I seriously doubt they did. No way decompiled code would look like that, the comment wouldn't be there, and that #else stuff is specifically compile-time logic that would vanish in the final files (that's literally the point of that syntax). So either W_D shipped with uncompiled C knocking about (veeeeeery unlikely), the source code leaked (which might be the case, but the coders would have no reason to expect it and sanitise their comments), or that snippet is made up/from somewhere else.
Thank You! I was waiting for someone to say this. As a software dev, no way this is legit.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Tomster595 said:
Illessa said:
Halyah said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Found some code in W_D:

They were really so stupid as to leave something like that in the code and then release the game to a playerbase famous for scouring through code for just about anything under the sun? Did they really think that was gonna go unnoticed?
I seriously doubt they did. No way decompiled code would look like that, the comment wouldn't be there, and that #else stuff is specifically compile-time logic that would vanish in the final files (that's literally the point of that syntax). So either W_D shipped with uncompiled C knocking about (veeeeeery unlikely), the source code leaked (which might be the case, but the coders would have no reason to expect it and sanitise their comments), or that snippet is made up/from somewhere else.
Thank You! I was waiting for someone to say this. As a software dev, no way this is legit.
It is legit, but it's not the whole story.
There is a large comment about x-box shadier just above the cut off(on a shadier strictly meant for low end PC). The comment is referencing that, not a lack of caring about PC.

basically this is just quote mining.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
crazygameguy4ever said:
does anyone else besides me think Sleeping Dogs looks way better then the released graphics for Watch Dogs? i mean just look at this game compared to Watchdogs.
Yes it does sleeping dogs looks amazing on pc , standard watch dogs not so much the lighting is kind of pathetic

Ampage Grietu

Jun 27, 2014
Tomster595 said:
Except it is. Decompile the code yourself. It was actually supposed to be a compliment to PC, but the original person took it out of context. Not saying that Ubisoft isn't wrong, because they are, but this was taken out of context.