Watch Now: Suicide Squad Comic-Con 2015 Trailer

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Watch Now: Suicide Squad Comic-Con 2015 Trailer

Warner Bros. has released the Comic-Con exclusive trailer after footage was leaked.

New footage of Suicide Squad was released at Comic-Con, in what was intended to be an exclusive treat for people who were physically present. However, one brazen fan with a camera illegally caught and leaked a very low quality video of the footage.

Warner Bros. worked, unsuccessfully, to remove the leaked Suicide Squad footage. Instead of continuing to try to erase it from the internet, which is essentially the same thing as trying to brush your teeth while eating Oreos, they have shared the video, the way it was intended to be viewed.

In a statement on Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/SuicideSquad/videos/1613593225587979/], Sue Kroll of Warner Bros wrote:

"Warner Bros. Pictures and our anti-piracy team have worked tirelessly over the last 48 hours to contain the Suicide Squad footage that was pirated from Hall H on Saturday. We have been unable to achieve that goal. Today we will release the same footage that has been illegally circulating on the web, in the form it was created and high quality with which it was intended to be enjoyed. We regret this decision as it was our intention to keep the footage as a unique experience for the Comic Con crowd, but we cannot continue to allow the film to be represented by the poor quality of the pirated footage stolen from our presentation."

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Regarding the release of the trailer and WB's comment, there's part of me that finds it a little odd that they'd want to stop people from seeing their advertising. On something effects heavy I could understand (additional polish before public release), but don't see that as an issue here.

Regarding the film... meh. While I quite like the premise, I'm against the film on general principle as the TV shows had a great Suicide Squad that, rumour has it, was intentionally gotten rid of so as to not clash with the film and I would have preferred the money being used to make a mini-series using what they'd already started to build.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
So since you don't want me to see a trailer I take it you don't want me to see the film either WB? got it do not watch Suicide squad money saved hurrah.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Good to see WB doubling as a salt factory.

Onto the trailer, and I quite like it.

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
Frankly, to me it looks like this movie is going to be an over-hyped mess that could do with about 5-6 less characters and plot points.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Man, this movie looks fucking awful. You'd think they'd make it at least look fun.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
And people wonder why people always say this forum is a hive for Marvel fanboys *rollseyes*

Harly Quinn looks incredible.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Well the Joker absolutely killed this for me. And Harley just looks like one of those totally forgettable women from Sucker Punch. You know, the Zack Snyder edgy that isn't really edgy at all and is actually really annoying and inconsistent to the point where you don't actually have a character as much as a mouth that reacts to situations.

And somehow the "worst of the worst" doesn't include Joker, Scare Crow, Poison Ivy, DarkSide, or DoomsDay or Bane!

But then again this is DC's desperate attempt to retroactively beat the Avengers and Avengers 2 by coming out with TWO different mashup movies within the same year! Beat that, Marvel!

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Joker looks actually terrifying.

Harley is fit as fuark m8

Deadshot is Will Smith

Croc is too small to be croc, but otherwise good.

Waller actually looks like a decent halfway point between "the wall" we all know and love from the older comics/animation and Arrows Waller/New 52 Waller.

Didn't see too much of the rest of the cast, but the costumes seem alright.

EDIT- Just to clarify, I am pretty pumped. When I say "didn't see too much of the rest of the cast" this isn;t exactly a bad thing, it means I'll have something to see when I actually go to the cinema!

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
the Snyder grimdark edginess I felt in the trailer has been grossly overshadowed by the hype-crushing edginess of my fellow escapists. Great job guys!

I seriously cannot see how one cannot be excited for this! Why so serious?! You must be trying or something...

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Honestly? This seems perfectly good. A 4/5 at least, I'd say.

Harley isn't exactly like in the comics, but I'm okay with movies doing their own thing as long as said thing is a good one. And honestly, on the whole she's pretty darn faithful, and keeps her sense of fun.

Deadshot is cool. I haven't read a lot of comics about him, but judged on his own merits Will Smith seems good as usual.

The Joker? Weeeeell, I know the tattoos are controversial--or rather, not controversial, because everyone agrees that they're a bad decision and npbpdy's arguing about it--but I honestly think that they might work with this version of the Joker. And while I'm not crazy about what I've seen of him, I don't have enough to go on.

Like rosac said, Killer Croc shoulda been bigger but is good apart from that.

Amanda Waller isn't quite big enough, but still basically good and not the New 52 lbs. version.

All in all, I think the movie as a whole looks fantastic.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Thomas Barnsley said:
the Snyder grimdark edginess I felt in the trailer has been grossly overshadowed by the hype-crushing edginess of my fellow escapists. Great job guys!

I seriously cannot see how one cannot be excited for this! You must be trying or something...
Or maybe because it genuinely looks awful?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
The look of the Joker isn't an issue for me, and Leto has acting chops enough to make me forget anything I harbored against the visual. Also I'm fine with Harley not having the accent, she seems to be nutbag enough for me.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Leto looks like he will be a good villain, but otherwise this did little to excite me for the film. Way too many freaking characters. They are obviously going to focus on just a few, so the others will feel superfluous. That or be obvious redshirts, which we don't care about because they won't be developed. There's simply not enough time in a movie to make us care for this many people. I still don't like Joker's look at all but at least the acting looks on point. What bugs me most on this impression is the portrayal of Harley Quinn. Harley's character had a distinct persona that made her so entertaining. The way she talked, way she moved, her mannerisms are all iconic. This version is hot and looks crazy sure, but she's not coming off as Harley Quinn, which is really disappointing to me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Hey, remember when the Joker was... you know, a joker? Yeah, those were good times.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
Comic Sans said:
Leto looks like he will be a good villain, but otherwise this did little to excite me for the film. Way too many freaking characters. They are obviously going to focus on just a few, so the others will feel superfluous. That or be obvious redshirts, which we don't care about because they won't be developed. There's simply not enough time in a movie to make us care for this many people. I still don't like Joker's look at all but at least the acting looks on point. What bugs me most on this impression is the portrayal of Harley Quinn. Harley's character had a distinct persona that made her so entertaining. The way she talked, way she moved, her mannerisms are all iconic. This version is hot and looks crazy sure, but she's not coming off as Harley Quinn, which is really disappointing to me.
Ok, so you want to know why they probably have so many characters? So that some of them can have their heads blown off. They're fodder! It is a suicide squad after all, some will have to die. And t will be great!