Watch Out For Kamikaze Dogs in Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not the only one who went, "Nazi Zombies" when I read the part about buying stuff, right?

DJ_DEnM said:
So it's Nazi zombies...without the Nazi Zombies?
Onyx Oblivion said:
Like a customizable Nazi Zombies. With perks and everything.
Uber Waddles said:
Zombies works because its whacky fun. You dont have to be a tryhard to win: its actually more fun if your not. The unlockable parts
Nope, guess not.

Sad that campaign will not be getting co op, but at least Spec Ops is back. Please allow us to just join random people now though, instead of only being able to play with friends.

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
jakefongloo said:
Rex Fallout said:
... so... pretty much nazi zombies? Seems stupid, won't be getting MW3.
I fucking love cod so I'll be getting it but ninja'd on this comment
I would have thrown in a *cough* zombies *cough* because I'm original like that! /sarcasm
Ok first off I have never been a big call of duty fan. I liked Modern Warfare one, and *I know this will sound crazy* I liked World at War. Yes even the story. however when MW2 came out i only got it because some of my friends dragged me over to the nearest Gamestop and convinced me to get it. It was effing awful. I sold it after about a month or two. Got quite a pretty penny back for it too, which was nice. Spec Ops was just an attempt to cash in on the cow that Zombies was in W@W. And it failed. Miserably. So now they are just cutting to the chase, "HORDE MODE!". Well at least it is more obvious this time around. It won't have the same flair to it that Zombies has. Mark my words. And the second that Activision realizes what an insane cash cow Zombies is, they will cash that baby in for all its worth. Oh wait they already do that by charging everyone $15 for 5 maps where the majority of people buy it only for one. Do you realize how ridiculous this marketing is? That is $3 per map. 3 EFFING DOLLARS! And four of them I don't even want! What the Hell? 5 is plenty IMHO.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
CM156 said:
halo3rulzer said:
Kamikaze dogs? PETA will be all over this shit. PREP THE RED PAINT!
And by PETA logic: Killing fake humans = ok. Killing fake dogs = eeevvviiilll

Still, this does look rather cool. Looking forward to seeing my brother play it.
Admittedly, I find kamikaze dogs more disturbing than I would kamikaze troops.

People can choose to be dicks, they have a choice when it comes to how they live their lives, and somtimes, they are evil.

Animals, not so much.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Rex Fallout said:
jakefongloo said:
Rex Fallout said:
... so... pretty much nazi zombies? Seems stupid, won't be getting MW3.
I fucking love cod so I'll be getting it but ninja'd on this comment
I would have thrown in a *cough* zombies *cough* because I'm original like that! /sarcasm
Ok first off I have never been a big call of duty fan. I liked Modern Warfare one, and *I know this will sound crazy* I liked World at War. Yes even the story. however when MW2 came out i only got it because some of my friends dragged me over to the nearest Gamestop and convinced me to get it. It was effing awful. I sold it after about a month or two. Got quite a pretty penny back for it too, which was nice. Spec Ops was just an attempt to cash in on the cow that Zombies was in W@W. And it failed. Miserably. So now they are just cutting to the chase, "HORDE MODE!". Well at least it is more obvious this time around. It won't have the same flair to it that Zombies has. Mark my words. And the second that Activision realizes what an insane cash cow Zombies is, they will cash that baby in for all its worth. Oh wait they already do that by charging everyone $15 for 5 maps where the majority of people buy it only for one. Do you realize how ridiculous this marketing is? That is $3 per map. 3 EFFING DOLLARS! And four of them I don't even want! What the Hell? 5 is plenty IMHO.
I know what you mean. CoD is the game I'm best at. I'm better than most at battle field and halo I suck donkey balls at Gears but CoD is a game that I have a 50 win streak in with a 3.14 Kd So I'm pretty blind to most of the flaws. Only problem is that while I have another person to play Spec ops with I only have 1 other person. I have rarely played a four person zombies all my other friends are too busy building a shrine for the multiplayer. I've tried to get them to play other games, broaden their horizons a little. But no, its cod this and cod that. So I'm pretty much going to get cod number 1 billion as long as I keep doing well and my friends keep shoving it up their butthole.

Mar 9, 2010
All this survival mode stuff is all fine and dandy, but co-op campaign would be far better if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy the Spec-Ops section, or at least I hope I will, but I haven't had a good co-op game in a while that I can work at regularly with a friend.

Oh well, I actually can't wait for this, it looks spectacular. Screenshot 2 makes me get all tingly inside, damn that gas masked man in black.

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
jakefongloo said:
The only problem is that nearly everyone would want to be on the special list. Domination, Team death, Cap the flag these are all game modes that it doesn't really matter where the game randomly puts you other than the team you are with. Having anything other than 6v6 or equivalent of would really fuck up the random rotation.
I don't see where that's actually a problem. You could set up that kind of a situation at random, without telling anyone else that it's even occurring. You wouldn't announce it to the two sides of the deathmatch, but instead would simply drop two players into the match at random. Perhaps you would have to tick a checkbox saying that you'd like to be selected for it, but the game could randomly choose two players and force them to work together.

It's not a complete idea, I agree, but to completely dismiss innovation just for being different seems a little short-sighted.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
This really just sounds like Nazi zombies but with the zombies being alive and able to shoot at you :/

Really, how can a glorified horde mode from Gears (which is much older then people think, I remember a horde mode way back in "The Clone Wars" game (based on the second movie, not the cartoon).

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
NitehawkFury said:
jakefongloo said:
The only problem is that nearly everyone would want to be on the special list. Domination, Team death, Cap the flag these are all game modes that it doesn't really matter where the game randomly puts you other than the team you are with. Having anything other than 6v6 or equivalent of would really fuck up the random rotation.
I don't see where that's actually a problem. You could set up that kind of a situation at random, without telling anyone else that it's even occurring. You wouldn't announce it to the two sides of the deathmatch, but instead would simply drop two players into the match at random. Perhaps you would have to tick a checkbox saying that you'd like to be selected for it, but the game could randomly choose two players and force them to work together.

It's not a complete idea, I agree, but to completely dismiss innovation just for being different seems a little short-sighted.
the very last sentence you wrote seemed unnecessary. I'm all for innovation but i think call of duty isnt the place to come up with anything that isn't entirely balanced. Just because it uses standard team settings doesn't mean great new ideas cant come from it.
A 2v2v2v2 wouldn't go amiss I'll admit, but considering what call of duty is, it just wouldn't mesh if the entire game concerning 8-14 people relies on the actions of 1-3

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
NitehawkFury said:
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who enjoyed the Spec Ops modes, despite the fact that you obviously did not. They offered a chance to work with a teammate in a common goal, which zombie mode also did. Sure, there were some pretty screwed up modes (ex. The Juggernauts), but for the most part they were a lot of fun to play with a partner.

Personally, I'd love to see some more fleshed out variants of the Spec Ops modes as full-blown multiplayer modes. For example, a survival mode where you and three teammates are trying to reach extraction while twelve other players are constantly trying to keep you from getting there, (similar to the AC-130 Spec-Op mission).

Or they could do one where there was a full-blown team-deathmatch going on, and two players have to try and get across the whole map, like in the Airplane Graveyard. They aren't on either team, and the other team isn't even informed that they are there. Would make things more interesting.

There are some very fun possibilities if you just sit and think about it outside of the standard mode variants.
Thats unfortunately fundamentally flawed, because ya see, people are stupid and people are dicks.
The gunship one wouldn't work because noone would work together and in a game like COD the smaller team would be severely outmatched. The graveyard one wouldn't work because if the 2 main guys aren't shown noone will care about finding them.

Something like that could work with some damn good AI bots though.

Anyways, this new gamemode seems interesting, but theres probably a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

matthudson

Oct 24, 2010
Rex Fallout said:
Ok first off I have never been a big call of duty fan. I liked Modern Warfare one, and *I know this will sound crazy* I liked World at War. Yes even the story.
I really enjoyed world at war. Not sure why. But then I still maintain that COD2 was the best game in the series, simply because it allowed for a degree of tactics.

The whole COD-type shooter is really overdone IMO. I moved from those types of games a while ago, and I can't get back into any of them now. Even COD4 feels tacky and half done.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
No thanks, no more mistakes made by me thank you very much.

Battlefield 3 for me, at least it won't be broken like the recent CoDs

GoddyofAus

Aug 3, 2010
Imagine if in one of the rounds, a well known Transformer like Starscream or Megatron was what you had to face, much like the dogs or Monkeys in Nazi Zombies.

Now that would be a "Fuck me!" moment.

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
IBlackKiteI said:
Thats unfortunately fundamentally flawed, because ya see, people are stupid and people are dicks.
The gunship one wouldn't work because noone would work together and in a game like COD the smaller team would be severely outmatched. The graveyard one wouldn't work because if the 2 main guys aren't shown noone will care about finding them.

Something like that could work with some damn good AI bots though.

Anyways, this new gamemode seems interesting, but theres probably a lot of potential for things to go wrong.
C'mon, now. Not everyone is stupid, and not everyone are dicks, either. If not everyone's going to work together, then why are Horde modes popular? People are willing to work together under the right circumstances.

Otherwise, games like Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, MAG, SOCOM, Borderlands... They wouldn't have been popular at all. Not to mention the rise of co-op in games like Halo, Call of Duty, Portal 2, and the amount of teamwork in MMOs. Many people do like the chance to work together in teams, to work towards a common goal.

As far as the "outmatching," it could be easily adjusted. Give the smaller team some superior weaponry/armor/perks/etc, weaken down the opposition, and increase their spawn count. That way, both sides would still have to work together so as not to get themselves killed, but the tactics would be different on both sides of the coin.

And for the two guys trying to cross the graveyard - It was a possibility. Perhaps it's a random opportunity that the game throws your way, and the reward isn't necessarily a "win" for your team, but instead is a huge individual XP payout, and a unique trophy/tag customization.

Thinking outside the box is what brought along every innovation in gaming. There are ways to make things different, fair, and fun - And not just be simple team deathmatch every single time. Besides, these are just ideas. I highly doubt that Infinity Ward is taking notes.

But it would be nice to see some interesting new modes in Call of Duty for a change.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
NitehawkFury said:
C'mon, now. Not everyone is stupid, and not everyone are dicks, either. If not everyone's going to work together, then why are Horde modes popular? People are willing to work together under the right circumstances.

Otherwise, games like Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, MAG, SOCOM, Borderlands... They wouldn't have been popular at all. Not to mention the rise of co-op in games like Halo, Call of Duty, Portal 2, and the amount of teamwork in MMOs. Many people do like the chance to work together in teams, to work towards a common goal.

As far as the "outmatching," it could be easily adjusted. Give the smaller team some superior weaponry/armor/perks/etc, weaken down the opposition, and increase their spawn count. That way, both sides would still have to work together so as not to get themselves killed, but the tactics would be different on both sides of the coin.

And for the two guys trying to cross the graveyard - It was a possibility. Perhaps it's a random opportunity that the game throws your way, and the reward isn't necessarily a "win" for your team, but instead is a huge individual XP payout, and a unique trophy/tag customization.

Thinking outside the box is what brought along every innovation in gaming. There are ways to make things different, fair, and fun - And not just be simple team deathmatch every single time. Besides, these are just ideas. I highly doubt that Infinity Ward is taking notes.

But it would be nice to see some interesting new modes in Call of Duty for a change.
I guess it would work in some other games as it already has to at least some extent.
I just don't think that Call of Duty would work with a cooperative mode integrated directly into the multiplayer, because of CoD's way of rewarding players individually for individual actions.

Also that reminds me.
Call of Duty 1 had a game mode called Behind Enemy Lines similar to your idea. One team is smaller and has more weapons and an easily defendable location, whilst the other has twice the number of players. The defenders have to survive against them until the timer runs out.
Basically a multiplayer horde mode.
However, thing is this was an extremely unpopular gametype. I'm not sure if it was really hated, but noone played it. I was never able to find a BEL game with more than a couple players within my region of the world even five years ago.
Thats a shame because it sounded great on paper, but likely just didn't work because it was too different from the other game modes.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Kamikaze dogs? Goddammit Infinity Ward, do you know how hard it is to shoot the regular dogs charging at you? I'm more worried when I hear barking than gunfire on expert.

Although, this sounds a lot better to me than zombies. I always hated zombies for the reason that they didn't shoot back. This might be for me.