Watch Out For Kamikaze Dogs in Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
IBlackKiteI said:
NitehawkFury said:
C'mon, now. Not everyone is stupid, and not everyone are dicks, either. If not everyone's going to work together, then why are Horde modes popular? People are willing to work together under the right circumstances.

Otherwise, games like Left 4 Dead, Ghostbusters, MAG, SOCOM, Borderlands... They wouldn't have been popular at all. Not to mention the rise of co-op in games like Halo, Call of Duty, Portal 2, and the amount of teamwork in MMOs. Many people do like the chance to work together in teams, to work towards a common goal.

As far as the "outmatching," it could be easily adjusted. Give the smaller team some superior weaponry/armor/perks/etc, weaken down the opposition, and increase their spawn count. That way, both sides would still have to work together so as not to get themselves killed, but the tactics would be different on both sides of the coin.

And for the two guys trying to cross the graveyard - It was a possibility. Perhaps it's a random opportunity that the game throws your way, and the reward isn't necessarily a "win" for your team, but instead is a huge individual XP payout, and a unique trophy/tag customization.

Thinking outside the box is what brought along every innovation in gaming. There are ways to make things different, fair, and fun - And not just be simple team deathmatch every single time. Besides, these are just ideas. I highly doubt that Infinity Ward is taking notes.

But it would be nice to see some interesting new modes in Call of Duty for a change.
I guess it would work in some other games as it already has to at least some extent.
I just don't think that Call of Duty would work with a cooperative mode integrated directly into the multiplayer, because of CoD's way of rewarding players individually for individual actions.

Also that reminds me.
Call of Duty 1 had a game mode called Behind Enemy Lines similar to your idea. One team is smaller and has more weapons and an easily defendable location, whilst the other has twice the number of players. The defenders have to survive against them until the timer runs out.
Basically a multiplayer horde mode.
However, thing is this was an extremely unpopular gametype. I'm not sure if it was really hated, but noone played it. I was never able to find a BEL game with more than a couple players within my region of the world even five years ago.
Thats a shame because it sounded great on paper, but likely just didn't work because it was too different from the other game modes.
I played Call of Duty 1 for years, and I think I only played that mode maybe 20 times, and that was on servers which rotated their game modes. Most servers were either team death match or search and destroy with a few capture the flags. UO had base attack, and that was awesome. Too bad no one ever realized that and put it in any other game.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I look forward to it, I put off Black ops (just not my sort of storyline or guns etc) and I still play Modern Warfare 2 often.

Can't wait!

-JB.

(bring on spec ops again, that was an awesome drinking session game!)

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
>kamikaze dogs
...what? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Well, I personally think that every game needs a Horde mode. And it has to be playable solo offline. So yes. I am all for this one. This might be what pushes Infinity Ward over Treyarch in my personal rankings...because they're disappointingly low. I definitely preferred World at War and Black Ops over the Modern Warfare games thus far...but this game looks brilliant.
I want to see more English maps, though. It's very rare that I get to play a game set in my country...the only one that comes to mind is The Getaway and whatever sequels it pushed out.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol sure "Infinity Ward"

regardless, won't be buying this off the get go. still haven't bought Black Ops, tho I did like its online multiplayer a bit more than in MW2 (wasn't hard for Treyarch, copy paste...upgrade a little). however, continuing the Modern Warfare storyline does indeed have me interested, even if its basically like watching a sequel with a different director, writers(?), creative team...same actors but yea

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
My friend and I were just talking about MW3 and hoping that spec ops returns as we have just started playing them again. I was already excited for MW3 but learning that spec ops will return and this new survival mode is headed our way I'm even more excited. (As long as they don't include any fucking achievements for the spec ops missions: Star 69 specifically Wetwork was a *****).