Watch Sega's Captain America Kick Nazis in the Neck

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Looks good. Would be cool to change the balance of things and have Cap popular over Iron Man.

Let the Civil War commence!

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
The game looks mighty stupid. How is it that he can parry a tank shot? He's captain america. That's how--fuck your forward momentum.

If Lords of Shadow seemed derivative by anyone's standards and that was a fully featured creation, well, what does that make this game? Not very lucky, that's what. Seems to me that the devs could have something on their hands were they not trying to make a franchise tie-in; the character design is there and the setting is there, but that's all I see so far.

The only real good cap game is the old NES one, so far, where StevO and his buddy Hawksters sidescrolled their way into nostalgic action greatness (damn, that was a good game). Doesn't seem likely to change an time soon.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
The word Nazi offends me as people in the past died fighting the nazis. I demand that this game change the word 'nazi' to 'opposing force' but keep everything else in the game exactly the same, this way we will not be disrespecting anyone who died/suffered during ww2.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Well I'm not getting my Nazi killing fix from any other video game series. Guess that means this is a must buy for me.

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Looks like a generic, let's cash in on the movie release beat-em-up to me.

A pity, because they could really do some spectacular stuff with these licenses if they tried harder.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Apparently everyone is hyped over it, but it looks fairly by the numbers to me.

So, a rounding "meh" from me. I was never too into Captain America anyway.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Sonicron said:
Look, everybody! It's Prince of America!
Yeah right. And now you're going to tell me Spider-Man Noir is Batman-lite. Pft!

Anyway, this looks somewhat promising but I won't hold my breath for it until I get the game in my hands.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Jbird said:
Sonicron said:
Yeah right. And now you're going to tell me Spider-Man Noir is Batman-lite. Pft!
... I do sincerely hope you're trying for sarcasm here, because that's exactly what Spidey Noir is. Not that there's anything wrong with him being that, mind you.

Anyway, the gameplay just looked reeeeaally similar to PoP in some places, and seeing how I will probably never ever ever like Captain America I guess the urge to mock the game / the trailer was just too big for me to ignore.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Sonicron said:
Jbird said:
Sonicron said:
... I do sincerely hope you're trying for sarcasm here, because that's exactly what Spidey Noir is. Not that there's anything wrong with him being that, mind you.
It was sarcasm. Hence the "Pft!" at the end.

And I agree that there's nothing wrong with it. I just wish the developers could have imitated the combat controls from Arkham Asylum. Simple, yet effective.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
It's captain america doing what he was made to do. Fight nazi's and punch hitl-red skull. Game looks okay but you know it's probably going to be generic.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
HankMan said:
Captain America,
You will be doing one thang, and one thang only...

killin Nazis
Brad Pitt in this movie was the reason I began to embrace the Southern accent xD

how hard is it to make a video game where you fly around and shoot/punch things? well...I guess Iron Man shows that it can be pretty hard apparently, huh?