Watch Seven Minutes of Saints Row IV Shenanigans

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
It looks more like a mod for SR3 than a sequel... Whatever it looks cool I might give it a try
Although I did laugh at the dubstep gun

Di-Dorval

Jan 11, 2012
I wouldn't mind the craziness if it was well executed... They want to do too much and it shows. Saint row 3 was one of the less polished games I played everything felt clunky and quickly done.

Plus I'm really not a fan of the art team which wasnt an issue with a 'normal' world but I feel like the aliens will all look like poop (which seems to be the case in this video).

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I'm still optimistic, even if it is unlikely to be as good as SR2 was, since it seems to focus more and more on its crazy.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
cricket chirps said:
So since no one else seems to be saying it yet:

THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE VIDEO was filled with "super powers" that were clearly and directly copied from [Prototype].

Down to exact animations and utility. So.....I already own [Prototype] (as ill informed of a decision as that may have been), really anyone who has played that game then goes to pick this up is going to feel like the game will get very old very fast. Mostly the same layout of the previous city as well. :/ The article brings up a real point too, judging by how easy and-i cant exagerate this enough- FAAAAAST getting around with those powers is, the whole city is going to feel VERY small and vehicles will be nearly pointless if you just need to get somewhere.

I'm all for wacky fun but this doesn't look like any signifacntly NEW material at all.
Prototype?

That god awful game had no originality. These powers date back far before that god awful game was even mentioned.

Prototype wasn't special.
That was my point...Prototype wasn't even good, and yea i know those animations and movements were taken from the previous Hulk Game the Dev. team worked on. And now they are being re-used AGAIN on Saints Row, ergo: doesn't look good for the game.

introverted_surd

May 7, 2012
This game looks to me like it could be good dumb fun. I think that few games like this are needed to break up the serious or semi serious games to offer us something different and a break. If its good then it will only be good because it is a product of a decade where majority of the games are serious and so it is the perfect counter point.