Watch Skyrim Mashed Up with Bastion's Narrator

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Watch Skyrim Mashed Up with Bastion's Narrator

The unreliable narrator from Bastion does a pretty damn good job explaining the opening of Skyrim.

The breakout RPG from last year didn't have a Zelda in the title or come from powerhouses like BioWare or Betehsda. No, the distinction goes to the XBLA and PC game Bastion for its stylistic presentation, great music and, of course, the excellent characterization of the narrator [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/9060-Bastion-Review]. YouTube user Egger3rd took the last two qualities and had the brilliant idea of throwing it in with the visuals of the opening of Skyrim. The result is an oddly cohesive and entertaining little vignette.

I especially like the transition from "the Kid" to the adult version put up for execution by the Empire. Egger3rd did an great job pulling quotes from Rucks as played by Logan Cunningham that I almost forgot that these were two different games.

The captions could use some help with translation though. At 4:04 the captain is referred to as "cat pen," which is pretty hilarious. But even better is the description of the far off dragon cries: "Sexy whale noises"? Oh really?

I'll never look at those dragons the same way again.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
This pendant would look lovely on *stab* my sister! NuuuuuuURGGGHASHFBLARGGHFGFD

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
What the hell happened to the player character's arms when he walked to the executioner?!

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
2:19-
Skank:''Get these prisoners out of the carts, move it!'' Captain Rikke(The legion women)is referred to as 'Skank'.
I love youtube subtitles.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
That was good! Seems like an awesome mash-up! Always enjoy a media cross-over like that! Especially when it is done as well as tht one!

Now I am more desperate to get home in April, so I can try this Bastion that everyone talks about!! :p (Doesn't help that Camp Bastion seems to be taunting me and rubbing it in!)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My pants...they're all wet! I had forgotten how impossibly sexy that narrator's voice is. Couple that with the opening of Skyrim, and somehow it just got even sexier. This seems exactly like the missing element that the Extra Credits guys were talking about when they covered the Skyrim introduction. Talk about a home run, oh yes.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
"Lissen... all this takes a lot of getting used to... and you do get used to it... after a while...

Theres 3 things i miss tough...

One...not having to watch my step all the time...

Two... well forget about two...

And three... i miss the songs.....

(open to who knows what i'm talking about and to complete it ;D)

Flyingchciken93

Apr 21, 2011
TitanAtlas said:
"Lissen... all this takes a lot of getting used to... and you do get used to it... after a while...

What is that from? for the love of god somebody tell me so i can sleep!

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
TitanAtlas said:

Ruks said:
Folks from Saylandia knew how to carry a tune.

Sure we've got some songs on the ole' gramophone... but try n' imagine what they sounded like, playing to room full o' fine people.

Unwinding at the soul regret after a hard days work... Those were the days.
That sound track is incredible.
And this is how you won your limited edition over-the-internet, handshake. For knowing the great game, it's soundtrack, and for loving them. Rise brother. Today you are free!! +100 internet points for you!!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Not only was that freaking awesome, but it also made me smile.

Also, what the hell happened to The Kid's arms?