Watch This Robodog Throw Concrete Blocks Like Toys

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
It reminds me of a mule more than a dog because of that neck motion. That gives me an idea! Let's name robotdog "Horse". Not "Horsie", but "Horse".
Pinkamena said:
I'm imagining that thing in the Robot Wars show. My God. It would be beautiful.

Boston Dynamics also made a humanoid robot! Pretty cool, check it out.
They have style and technique, but they lack soul. I am convinced that someday technology will be able to modify and improve dance on their own! The day a two-legged robot is able to successfully perform a back-flip without failure shall be Day 1 of the CyberFunk future!

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Throwing stuff, not to much tech needed, but just the shear force involved of throwing a cinder-block and the computer response for the robot balance to stay standing is amazing.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Awwww. Who's a good doggie? Your good doggie! You are! You are a very good doggie.

Aug 1, 2010
This thread is clear evidence that when the RoboDogs rise up and crush mankind under the weight of their cinder-blocks, the nerds shall inherit the earth just long enough to yell "WE TOLD YOU SO."

Interesting stuff though. For now. Before the end.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
cjbos81 said:
That's the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my life.
This next one is a prototype for Atlas which is one of eight robots that are going to be competing in the DARPA robotics challenge. The challenge focuses on eight goals:"
1. Drive a utility vehicle at the site
2. Travel dismounted across rubble
3. Remove debris blocking an entryway
4. Open a door and enter a building
5. Climb an industrial ladder and traverse an industrial walkway
6. Use a power tool to break through a barrier
7. Locate and close a valve near a leaking pipe
8. Attach a connector such as a wire harness or fire hose"

Surprisingly, it's looking very probable that many of the competitors will succeed.
This time, we're actually on track to create humanoid robots, within ten years I think we're going to see rescue and hazardous work robots in the field, another ten to fifteen years after that, and we'll have personal assistant humanoids, we're walking very quickly into the unknown.

Remember this logo:

I think we're going to be seeing it very often in the future.

DareShi

Sep 5, 2011
"You know these crabs are gonna be great for America's construction projects because I've read these crabs are so strong that they can lift and throw car and passenger trains."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uq9pp586AE

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
God that thing was horrible before they even gave it an arm.

Just the way it moved was horrible. Very reminiscent of a spider.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
This would be a pretty effective fighting robot because I would shit my pants to the brim if one of those things was after me.
Jesus.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
rhizhim said:
as if a bite from a real dog wasnt bad enough.

10 bucks they made it mostly for illegal underground robo fights.
Nah, you gotta think big.

Think modern warfare.

These things will rock. Can't wait to see one fitted with sabretooth fangs, razor sharp blades all over its body and full auto rifles, grenade launchers and combat shotguns fitted.

These beasts will strike fear in the hearts of the enemy, no matter who they are or how eternally justified they consider their aggression to be.

Everybody is bound to realize how futile praying is when a quadruped combat terminator battle beast is charging and lunging at them, intent to tear their body and soul to little, bite-sized shreds. I'd name mine Cenobyte, just for the lulz.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
cjbos81 said:
That's the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my life.
I know, right? This thing is seriously creepy... but kind of cool.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Maxtro said:
Terrifying.

So how long will it be till these things are real?

luvd1 said:
Awwww. Who's a good doggie? Your good doggie! You are! You are a very good doggie.
isn't there a robot dog in metal gear rising as well? (haven't played it yet but I have seen some clips)

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008

If I don't live to see the day where this kind of machine is competing in Robot Wars, then I will die unfulfilled.

Mind2Matter

Jul 9, 2012
Does anybody remember being forced to read Fahrenheit 451 back in grade school?

You know that creepy robo-dog thing with the paralyzing-serum syringes for a mouth?

That was the first thing I though of when I saw this.

It's only a matter of time.