Watch Tonight's Sony Event Live on The Escapist

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
josemlopes said:
Are they pretending that the video is gameplay or something with the HUD thing? My image was lagging so I didnt get the full idea behind the trailer
HOnestly, that's the thing... at this point, you can't really tell if it's supposed to be actually footage, or just generated to look like footage. Take everything with a grain of salt for now until people can play demos.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Well I can't say these pre rendered demos are all that superior to those of the PS3 or 360...

or maybe its just the lag...

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
AC10 said:
seditary said:
Please don't make me angry Squeenix. Please.
Well, they're just running the same graphics demo they showed at E3 so ... yeah.
Yeah, I should never hope for anything from them. I still don't know why I keep on expecting.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Quiotu said:
josemlopes said:
Are they pretending that the video is gameplay or something with the HUD thing? My image was lagging so I didnt get the full idea behind the trailer
HOnestly, that's the thing... at this point, you can't really tell if it's supposed to be actually footage, or just generated to look like footage. Take everything with a grain of salt for now until people can play demos.
Jove said:
josemlopes said:
I notice that too. Because if that's ACTUAL gameplay, than that's just...WOW!

That was fake, like, I do believe that the game can have those graphics but the actual gameplay (the way you interact with the game) is fake for sure, no doubt about it.

Airon

Jan 8, 2012
Half the stream has been a series of sound cutouts(my favorite), stutters and freezes.

The coolest presentations that I was able to see so far were the gentleman who presented Drive Club, who gave the impression of being an fairly unscripted human being. Johnathan Blow was a nice breath of fresh air as well.

I was less impressed by all the hobgoblydock that presented no gameplay. I am no longer impressed by that at all. Knack was nice to see, as demonstrations of gameplay mechanics is of actual value to gamers. Prescripted sequences have ceased to be.

The system seems impressive. Dangerously connected to social media which I hope is optional.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
omg I have to say.

I love Shinji Hashimoto's voice.

Though did he just come on to tell everyone to pay attention to e3?

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Squeenix: We're excited! Excited for the PS4! Look at that tech demo! Also, Final Fantasy! Buh-bye!

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
josemlopes said:
Quiotu said:
josemlopes said:
That was fake, like, I do believe that the game can have those graphics but the actual gameplay (the way you interact with the game) is fake for sure, no doubt about it.
Even if the gameplay is anywhere near these demos Im at a point where photorealistic graphics are something I expect... I mean from the PS2 or Xbox to the PS3 and 360 there was a notable upgrade, but now its really hard for me to be exited about graphic superiority...

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Did Squeenie really just announced they were going to announce a game?
As a side note, if I never heard "Connected, Immerse, Interactive" again it will be too soon.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Wow, a tech demo we've already seen, and still no announcement of either a FFVII remake or FF Versus 13.
Thanks a lot Square Enix.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Quiotu said:
Squeenix: We're excited! Excited for the PS4! Look at that tech demo! Also, Final Fantasy! Buh-bye!
Yeah that whole bit was kind of pointless. Especially since we already saw that tech demo a few months ago. It felt more like "hey look at us! We're relevant!" more than anything.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Lol! Using Quantum Leap. People have to ralize it's actually quite a small distance. Samllest possible.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Hu, Watch_Dogs turned out to be a next-gen game... I guess my smug ass owes an apology to somebody in the Escapist Podcat...

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
So... this guy saves one woman... at the expense of injuring and killing how many cops and innocents?