We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ahriman dipped his head respectfully.

"Ah, I see. Well then Miss Richelieu, I shall not keep you from your duties any longer." Taking his hequa staff from where he had propped it against his pauldron rim, he set off in search of the hotel, and the wizards to be found within.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
"Unfortunately, since I don't know where they are, I can't." Yauna replied. "In the meantime... I need a tuning fork."

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
The woman waved and went her way.

[hr]

Blue furrowed her brow. "A what now?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"A tuning fork. A piece of forked metal with two prongs. You use it to tune instruments."

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
As Candace drank the potion, she would find it had a thick, viscous texture. It tasted like rusty metal, yet Candace would find it to be almost overwhelmingly pleasant. As the potion worked its magic, she'd feel more revitalized and energetic than she ever had before, like she could climb a mountain as if it were a small hill, or run a marathon like it was nothing but a short jog.

Nina smiled at Candace and said, [color=ff9966]"Well, how's it feel?"[/color]

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"We don't have that here, I'm afraid. You probably should get it from the other world."

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"You don't have tuning forks?" Yauna asked, a look of confusion on her face. "I guess I'll have to go back, then. But since I doubt anywhere that might sell them will be open at this time, it'll have to wait."

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ahriman moved swiftly through the streets of Montreal, pausing every so often to ask civilians if a dragon had randomly passed by recently. Unsurprisingly, the creature had drawn some attention, and there was no shortage of witnesses to point him in the direction that the creature had gone. Hoping that through the dragon he would be able to find the people he sought, he followed its trail onwards.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Blue sighed. "Yeah, it's fine.
I mean, we maybe could also create such a tuning fork, I just never heard of it, so it wasn't invented here ... yet."

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"It shouldn't be too hard. It's just a U-shaped bit of steel, with a handle." Yauna replied.

[hr]

Outside Portal Station

Zevrisya smelled Ahriman as he approached, looking over in his direction curiously.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"We don't have any mages being able to control metal here, so it's your choice if you want to create one here, at the smiths, or just get one back in the other world. Should take about the same amount of time."

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
To a heightened sense of smell, Ahriman would be intriguing. Though clean and well enough groomed, he also emanated a heady and reasonably strong hormonal musk, with a faintly antiseptic smell hinting at a physiology that was not entirely natural. His armour smelled of fragrant lubricating oil, and the robe overlying the ruby battle-plate was infused with some form of incense. More than that, there was something else about him, unseen, indefinable and vaguely unsettling. Some sense of otherworldly power, controlled, but formidable and waiting to be unleashed.

Ahriman approached, giving no outward indication if he knew that he was being scrutinised.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
Picking up a strange scent Faa turns his head. Seeing a hulking brute, far larger than any human he'd ever seen. Nearly as large as a Scath in the middle of their lives. Feeling uneasy Faa stared intensly at the approaching figure. The eyes of an apex aerial predator were hard to cheat of any detail, especially so competitively close.

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
"I imagine making it here would be simpler."

[hr]

Outside Portal Station

Noting faintly strange smells about Ahriman, Zevrisya moved her eyepatch to allow her eye-tongue out. It wiggled around in the air, picking up on the scents more precisely. [color=660099]"What are you?"[/color] she asked curiously, moving closer to Ahriman. As she got up, she pulled on the cane to extend it and used it to navigate.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ahriman first caught the eyes of the dragon as he approached, his own enhanced senses allowing him to focus in on them across the distance. Though the beast itself was impressive enough, it was the eyes that struck him, just as Faa would undoubtedly recognise his own. Both pairs of eyes were clear and piercing. Obviously intelligent eyes, and the eyes of a supreme killer. Ahriman turned his attention to Zevrisya, just in time to see her remove her eye-patch to expose an acute mutation. He suppressed a shudder of revulsion, the image of similar, now long dead mutants springing unbidden to mind.

Then, something much more recent. Images of cracked ruby armour, ruptured by bulging, slimy grey flesh. Flailing, multijointed limbs and glistening tentacles. Stretching maws surrounded by eyes set in nonsensical faces, or on lumpen, mis-shapen bodies, all set to the constant sound of keening howls and insane, blood-flecked gibberish. At this unwanted memory Ahriman faltered, leaning heavily against his hequa staff, his free hand going, unbidden, to a glyph pendant inset on his left pauldron.

My brothers suffer terribly... I cannot turn away from my task, not now. If I must fraternise with xenos and mutants so that I can succeed where our father failed, then fraternise I shall. Setting his jaw, Ahriman relaxed his grip on his staff and completed his approach.

"So it seems I was correct. A dragon in the 3rd Millenium is a spectacle not easily missed, and all the more so in the middle of a city." He remarked. "Well met." He bowed his head briefly in response to Zevrisya's question.
"Ahzek Ahriman. Chief Librarian and First Captain of the Thousand Sons, XVth Legiones Astartes. And I would extend the same question to you."

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
"I feel amazing!" Candace told Nina, beaming. "Thank you!"

"What do you need?" Lambda asked, getting her databanks ready.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
"Alright. Fair enough."

Blue then told the servant he should wake the smith. The servant left for a short bit of time.

"Can you create a plan?"

ShindoL Shill

Jul 11, 2011
Outside Portal Station

[color=660099]"He's not a dragon. Look at him, he's tiny!"[/color] Zevrisya said, as she returned her eyepatch to its normal position. Once she had done that, she unextended her cane and clipped it back to her belt. Ahriman would likely note that the top of the cane had a dragon head, red and bloody in contrast with the white handle. The sculpted head matched the metal dragon head on Zevrisya's ring, which she bore on her left middle finger.
She then proudly declared, [color=660099]"Prosecutioner Zevrisya Xoza, of the Bloody Dragon's Northern Legislational Army!"[/color]

[hr]

Yauna nodded. "I have a spell which will allow us to move onto the Ethereal Plane, a plane of existence separate from the material plane, though close to it. On it, we're essentially invisible and immaterial, allowing us to walk through walls. When we locate Anik, we can use that to get to her. And then we return here." she explained. "Finding Anik would be more complex, however. Likely, it would require our mind-manipulating powers to locate her and get transport to the facility where she's being moved to."

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
"He looks very much like the dragons of ancient Terran legend depicted in tapestries and manuscripts unearthed during the Unification Wars. Though I admit, I did not think that the illustrations were life-sized." Ahriman quipped. "Is he some form of totem for your Northern Legislational Army, Prosecutioner Xoza?"

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
The formality of address was familiar to Faa. As was the assumption he was a dragon. He felt the Scath would never get past that in relations with those who had legends of dragons. Having to look up at a Hrem however was a new experience. He hummed a tune and the collar around his neck broadcast his formal speak as it always did "I'm not a dragon, I've read about them in studies on humans. No Scath is magical or greedy by nature. That's what I am, a Scath in this tongue" he looked over himself briefly and sighed. With his horned head, wings, spines and over all dragon like appearance it was no suprise that any who knew of dragons would mistake him as such, even when dressed in his finery. His colour, the bands of metal or a precious nature that surrounded his horns, forged metal anklets and wrist guards and silver tail sheath the only attire he wore when sleeping, the state he was in when he was taken. "Before you ask" he hummed again "I don't breathe fire" he paused for a second "It's a natural chemical produced and present in my mucous that can be expelled as a jet........which combusts a few seconds after contact with most atmospheres." He sighed again. He could totally breath fire.

His head jerked immediately to glare at Zevrisya. Without resorting to the collar this time for the impulsive words he spouted "I'm not tiny! I'm still growing that's all." He reared up on his hind legs, now glaring down at Zevrisya. "See?! Still pretty big" he declared as he dropped back down on his front legs