We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Sarah led on to the library, which was quite a small one, mostly with used novels, but also a few nonfiction books. It did not have scientific literature aside from a few exceptions.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Shop
"It has moments of difficulty..." Lambda admitted to Sylvia. "I usually have to change outside for one." She looked to Taner. "It floats alongside me. I should be fine."
"You know some of these guys?"

Outside Bounty Shop
"I think I found something even better than sky metal!"

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
"I was talking to this beast woman, a cat I think she was, and she mentioned where she comes from has magical beasts. Imagine if we could capture one of those..."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
[color=e50000]"Then what? I won't allow you to sell it on another world. And not bring to another world.
Bringing a living beast will upset the balance too much. Most of all, it won't be nice for the beast itself. So ... no to that."[/color]

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
"Well, this is... a little underwhelming." Shana said to herself as she examined the 5th bookshelf.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
"Can you just not put it in a suitcase or something?"

Once they were at the library, Nova instructed Sylvia and Cybil to look around and bring anything relating to recent events of the past decade to her.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Shop
Lambda stopped in place and thought for a second. "...what did I never think of that before..."
"Ah, right." Brigette nodded.

Outside Bounty Store
"I could keep it contained."

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Library

There were a few fiction and nonfiction books in particular about the arrival of extraterrestrials in the library. Otherwise a few history books related to South Africa, and to world history in the recent 20 years.

[color=99d039]"We could go to another library ... but I don't know what they have, either. So I would try my luck here."[/color]

[hr]

Avinah

[color=e50000]"And how would you keep a magical beast contained, exactly? Last I heard you were missing magical artifacts, not having enough to keep a magical beast in something.
Not to mention that the beast really would not like that."[/color]

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Library
Lambda began figuratively and literally scanning every boom she could get her hands on.

Bounty store
"The only thing greater than bringing home a magical artifact would be a magical beast. And we already have a zoo, it's just not as important."

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
"Back to waiting around it seems. I don't mind too much now. Id rather wait for Ella and XPOL to sort themselves out, don't want to get on their bad side. She says she's a law enforcer but I see the eyes of a warrior when I look at her"

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Library

None of the books had any magic or fighting capabilities.

[hr]

Avinah

[color=e50000]"You can't contain a magical beast in a zoo. Do you even know what a magical beast is? Have you asked what it is? And it's not greater if it eats all people."[/color]

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"
[hr]
"We could contain it. And imagine the spectacle of having beast from another world!"

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
[color=e50000]"You could not contain it. And I could, I don't want to, either.

And your spectacle means nothing if the beast itself is not happy with it. ... You could try to befriend a really harmless animal maybe, which does not need companions of its own kind. Now tell me, what kind of beast do you want?"[/color]

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Zevrisya peered over Taner's shoulder at his phone and asked, [color=660099]"What is that thing?"[/color]