We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Reinhardt jetted back, rocket blazing, waiting for his shield to recharge. Lambda spammed energy darts at the one with the rail gun, trying to disrupt it before it fires again.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Anik ? Epilogue

Anik was not too comfortable with the shuttle, but she did not complain, either. Having this part of her journey slightly unpleasant was something she was willing to deal with, if she finally got to go home. She covered her ears, and tried to shut out all noise, as the shuttle was soaring upwards, hoping this would soon be over.

She sighed louudly when the shuttle stopped. "This was horrible" she stated. "I don't like it. It's completely unnatural." She was not throwing up, despite feeling sick. But she smiled to Ory'Hara. "It's fine. I can still say I was in space. And there are other things you can not sense."

She was more calm on the ride to the moon, and let herself be led through the main ship, after they arrived. As Ory'Hara said: [color=0066cc]"Here we are. Welcome to my home. If you'll follow me up to the bridge, we'll be on our way to yours."[/color] Anik just smiled.
She smelled the weird technology, and listened to their echoes, finding how they were built very curious. It even led to her forgetting about being averse to similar things.

Slowly, her mind got to be at ease, as she was waiting and living on the ship with Ory'Hara. As they were staying on the bridge, Anik said: "This was a more pleasant journey than I had expected, especially after this beginning. I will keep you in my thoughts. Maybe I could even manage to visit you in my dreams. If you ever need my help ? and are able to find me at the time ? I am willing to help you." Then, she hugged her.

Additional thanks were spoken when they arrived in Brazil, and Anik said her goodbye to Ory'Hara. It was in a city she knew well, having arrived there the last time, and having visited it several times after. After asking Ory'Hara to bring her to a specific spot, the outer part of the favelas, she could navigate it by sound and smell alone. She waved, as she made her way down to the river.

It was easy to find the boat she wanted, as people recognized her, and were very friendly. Even some kids came to her and hugged her, happy that she was back. But she had to go further, to her real home. A long boat ride later, she arrived in the jungle. And after a long walk, she arrived in the village of dragons.

A few years later

After much experimenting with plants, which made her dream of different worlds, Anik finally dreamt of a giant, seven-headed, dragon on a rocky plateau in the mountains. The smell was familiar. She walked to the side of it, and touched it, then laid her head and her hands on it for a while, just liking the feel of the scales.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
There is a jolt of electricity from Cast Away followed shortly by a cascade. The electrical energy disrupting the Tombstone sensors which relied on electro magnetic signals. The darts lambda fires embed themselves into the ares scanner array also, rendering it effectively blind. Cast Away falls to one knee as the Immortals in cover cease firing due to not being able to view any targets.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
-edited-

As they were not attacking anymore, Sarah went up to an immortal and tried to remove its visore, to see what laid beneath.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
The immortals are senseless and in no state to respond to external stimulus. They all fall inert. Examining their face plate and removing it reveals what appears to be an ordinary human face, albeit evidence of sub dermal cybernetics is present. Inside the building, Helena simply sits waiting on her chair. As always, humans had proven themselves difficult. She remembered her childhood on Atrapos, when she had first asked why the UCM didn't see things like the PHR, why they always resisted age isn't all logic. Her father had answered her by saying that humans have a skewed perpective, unable to view the galaxy and events as the PHR did. To expect them to lay down their weapons, foolish and to expect them to show mercy even more so. She had failed. Every life sacrificed for nought. Humanity here would languish and stagnate. It would not be prepared for what was to come.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Reinhardt reengaged, shield recharged, and stormed ahead. Lambda follow soon behind him, building her energy.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
OOC: Bad news buddos. Apple did a no no with my phone and broke the screen even further instead of fixing it. Ill be gone for 7 days while they sort this cluster fuck out. If you read this can you pass the message on and also let me know here that folks over on Discord know. Sent from PS4 which types slow as balls. Cheers dudes and hopefully see you soon.
Vakra

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
(we noted)

Sarah shrugged and followed Reinhardt and Lambda, thinking she might be ale to help the immortals once finding the source of their existence.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
All of the immortals are still rendered inert, even those stationed inside. Their battlenet linked through Cast Away, which had limped and twitched as it stumbled back inside. Electrical spasms periodically flaring in the construct as it headed for Helena's office. Inside the office Helena sat in her chair, aiming a Manslayer pistol at Gilson whom she had found and now held hostage

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Lambda scanned ahead, finding Helena and approaching slowly, ready to stop as soon as she tries something. Reinhard kept with them, putting his shield down to let it recharge, wary of the many inert robots.

Silence

Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
Sarah followed Lambda inside, keeping a hand pointed at Helena as well, ready to fire a plasma blast.

Vakra jal

Feb 12, 2016
"Don't be so nervous or jittery" Helena calmly says when her office is entered. The office is a space of Spartan and sleek furnishing. From her chair behind the desk Helena has her gun still aimed at a distressed Gilson. Cast Away is propping itself up against a wall,
Clutching it's head.