We have a pandemic on our hands...

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
We may have lived in naivety for too long my friends, the fire of hope is dying quick, and we have done nothing!

Many of you may ask what I am referring to... Well my people, I am of course referring to the plague that is, Thread necromancy!

Oh it is a dark power that only few dare to wield. Yet there has been a dangerous increase in the dark art of late. It has claimed the dignity of many innocents who unknowingly post in a thread that should have been laid to rest long ago....

I'm calling together an army, but I need all of you, the Escapist community, to rise up, and face the evil force head on! To report the corrupted beings who dare interrupt the rest of a thread that has done it's duty, and only wishes to rest in peace!

I plead to the Moderators, who battle long and hard to keep the evil at bay, to bolster their efforts once more! So that we may all save our souls!

Finally, I thank you all for reading, good luck, and good hunting my friends. Many of you may fall in this battle. But know that you will die seeking a just cause, for the future of the Escapist!

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Quick! Fetch the church elders and some holy water! This evil must be eradicated!

But yeah it is annoying when you click on a seemingly normal thread...and it's from a year ago.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Philol said:
Quick! Fetch the church elders and some holy water! This evil must be eradicated!

But yeah it is annoying when you click on a seemingly normal thread...and it's from a year ago.
Aha! The first of many I hope. You will help fight the good fight from wherever you prefer, what is your chosen class my good friend?

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Well the most noble position I could possibly take would be at the back away from fighting with a crossbow. How's that sound?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Philol said:
Well the most noble position I could possibly take would be at the back away from fighting with a crossbow. How's that sound?
As you wish my friend, may your aim be true and your will be indomitable!

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
*Stands up* You have my sword! This shit is annoying. (I hope for irony's sake this gets necro'd in a year's time, though.)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Popadoo said:
*Stands up* You have my sword! This shit is annoying. (I hope for irony's sake this gets necro'd in a year's time, though.)
I aim for this evil to be eradicated once and for all, I thank you for your help Popadoo, may your sword stay as sharp as your wit :)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
TopazFusion said:
I've seen mod wrath handed out for thread necromancy, so, use the report button? I guess?
I intend to, ever so much! However we cannot beat the evil with a mouse click alone!

TopazFusion said:
And my bow!
Glad to have you on board Topaz, Kill many a necro for the good of the internet!

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
TopazFusion said:
I've seen mod wrath handed out for thread necromancy, so, use the report button? I guess?
Popadoo said:
You have my sword!
And my bow!
And my Halberd![footnote]Shit! Did I mess it up?[footnote]Also, I would have put Axe down, but then you had to post that you were waiting for it, Don't Tell Me What To Do![/footnote][/footnote]

Popadoo said:
(I hope for irony's sake this gets necro'd in a year's time, though.)
Consider it done

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Ah, we appear have a buzz kill in our midst....

If your with us, you are welcome to stay, if not, there is the door!

This thread is for people devoted to the loyal crusade against the dark arts!

EDIT: You too LilithSlave, only the righteous may post here!

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
I don't see what's so bad about it.

You can either revive an old thread, or make a new one. No method is absolutely accepted throughout the internet. Making a new thread while linking to an old one is somewhat safe, but not anywhere near absolute.

And it's not as if you can answer this by, "once a topic has run its course, just leave it alone and don't discuss it again".

No, there are only so many things out there that can be discussed. Eventually you're going to hit that bar. And you're going to have to either never post again and let the forum die forever, or you're going to have to revive a discussion that has been done before.

Apparently I got ninja'd by Matthew94.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Matthew94 said:
This is stupid.

When someone makes a new thread people say "OMG USE THE SEARCH"

When someone uses the search people say "OMG WHY Y U NECRO THIS??!?!??!"

The community needs to stop being hypocritical. Have it one way or the other.

Either let people make/necro threads or stop all discussion at all and let the forum die.
*meh* It's generally contextual, though some can't tell the difference. 'Search button is over there, you idiot' is generally for threads on a topic of which there has been a sudden proliferation... and we appear to be hit by pony threads... again... anyway, such as ponies, ME3's sucky ending, CISPA, etc. etc. not really for necro'd threads.

OT: I have my chair and my popcorn, which I'll enjoy myself thank you... *sits down* *noms popcorn as motley crew assembles* i.e. bovvered? =_=

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Call the priests and purge the blasphemers!

Matthew94 said:
This is stupid.

Either let people make/necro threads or stop all discussion at all and let the forum die.
Devils work! The antichrist is among us! Repent, you vile demon, or experience the righteous punishment of God!
Thank you my friend, together we shall destroy all that dare threaten the balance of the internet!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Matthew94 said:
This is stupid.

I agree with this; we need to decide which one pisses us off more and stick with it.

For the record I find necro threads more annoying. I'll get my torch and pitchfork.