Weapons That are Less Powerful, but More Satisfying

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
I love the lever-action rifle in Killing Floor. There's just something about pulling the lever during a ZED-time that just feels oh so satisfying.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I love the Lever Action Rifle in Killing Floor. Most players overlook the weapon and go straight for the Crossbow or M14, but I'll often stick with the LAR, particularly on lower difficulties. I always get one when I'm a Sharpshooter or Medic, and I'll often use it as a backup weapon when I'm Demolitions. It's surprisingly accurate and powerful if you aim properly. Moreover, it loads one bullet at a time, allowing me to interrupt a reload and fire off a few more shots if I'm cornered.

EDIT:

Mannayz said:
I love the lever-action rifle in Killing Floor. There's just something about pulling the lever during a ZED-time that just feels oh so satisfying.
Hah, I got ninja'd. The first sentence is even the same.

Great minds think alike, I suppose.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I try to only use shotguns as often as I can in Modern Warfare 2, sometimes I even get out the riot shield and start bashing people just to see the look of fear in their character as they fruitlessly try to kill me.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Switch Axes in Monster Hunter
Its both an Axe (a rarity in fantasy games) that turns into a freakin huge sword!
I love using the Axe because it feels so new and refreshing and if im in trouble i can switch to the sword and mash the attack button.
And it still counts seeing as though the most powerful version of the switch axe isn't the most powerful weapon in the game.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
The Abilene Kid SE BB gun in New Vegas, extra bonus fun points if you have the realistic headshots mod, so you can 1 shot super mutants if you hit them in the face with it while sneaking.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Bastion, the Dueling Pistols, they aren't extremely powerful or accurate but they are really fun.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I've always found the Needler from the Halo series rather therapeutic. Nothing says stress release like turning enemies into pin cushions before seeing them explode. ^_^

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
otakon17 said:
Dude, I'm with you on the Hunting Rifle. God, I love that gun so much the only thing it lacked in FO3 was a scope, which they gave you in New Vegas(if you can find it that is).
I only used the hunting rifle (with scope and extended clip) in New Vegas. At least once I got it. Before that I just used the varamint rifle.

But still hunting rifle. Boon and me with it=several dead deathclaws...

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Bayonetta's Pistols

Wait...there were other guns in the game? I kid, but I very rarely used anything other than her signature weapons

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
I'd have to say the Sniper Rifle in Fallout NV. It doesn't have the Deathclaw-headshotting awesomeness that the AM Rifle has, but if you add the Carbon Fiber Parts and the Silencer mods to it, then things become much more interesting. The same thing goes with the 10mm Pistol. Add the Silencer and Laser Sight (the expanded magazine being optional but still handy), and clearing out any enemy base becomes a breeze. A quiet, deadly breeze to be exact.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Bolt action weapons feel like a manual car. The GoL in BF:BC2...They just feel better. In any game I'll always use a Bolt Action and a hand gun if given the option. They just feel better than a fully auto weapon.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Bastion, the Dueling Pistols, they aren't extremely powerful or accurate but they are really fun.
burningdragoon said:
Revolvers. Revolvers make everything better.
Agreed on both. Any game I can get a revolver I get one and stick with it. That is why Lucky is my favorite gun in Fallout NV.

OT: Axes in general are my favorite weapon to use, I don't care If I can't swing as fast as a sword, when I hit my enemy it stays dead or is at least missing a limb. Except for Oblivion, Axes just disappointed me in that game.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Bazaar Bargin in TF2, it's signifcantly worse then the normal sniper unless you consistently get headshots, but the sound is just so beastly, you can imagine someone's head being blown clean off.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
DrSpoy said:
The sawn off is weaker (I think, not sure) then the pimp cane in SR2, but the sawn off looks and feels better with my main character.
I didn't like the sawn-off because for some reason it worked as a 6 round pump action shotgun. But I agree I used a single basic pistol a lot becuase it was what the character used in cut-scenes.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
I love pistols, especially with silencers. I love them almost as much as I love sniper rifles. But I don't love either quite as much as I love the smell of summer rain.

Dumb_Joe

Feb 3, 2011
teqrevisited said:
Baseball bat. I'm a force-a-nature.

I always loved the kar98k and mosin nagant in CoD1, too. So much more satisfying than being a bren-whore or just cornering with a ppsh.
Me too I always loved the iron sights of the mosin nagant. So much more satisfing

shadow_Fox81

Jul 29, 2011
condemned (pistol). nothing gets me into a horror game more than having only a pistol with one clip and violent pcsycopaths screaming as they run about in the dark. sure i was safer with the two by four but i picked up the pistol.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Prod. No boom, no bang. Just *poke*.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kLb0_295G0&feature=related[/youtube]