Weird preferences you have in games.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Not what features you like to have in a game, but things you do in games or have a preference for that others may find weird.

For example, when I play a MOBA like Dota 2 or LoL, I have to play a champion that is Human or near-Human. It's really weird but I just don't like playing champions that have no human-like qualities. So champions like Nocturne and such I don't like.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
I play as Human in most RPGs, because I'm boring like that.

Other than that, I like water based spells. Not ice, just plain water- I choose them even if they suck and are worse than other spells. It's sad more games don't allow you to build a water mage.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I like all the clutch save people. People who can just go "I GOT YOU DUDE!" *saves*

So basically manliest Jarvan in the entire EU West server, if not the entire League community worldwide. I'm practically the only one in Silver who can play him without dooming someone on my team... 100% every time because not tunnel visioning is good guys!

I once 1v5'd to save my Leona. As in E,Q knock up'd EVERYONE. I woulda got out as well if I had my ult. Put down The Wall then Flash over it lololololol get rekt.

Also I play all the guys with gimmick moves. Hence J4, Nocturne, Twisted Fate, Ezreal and so on. TF is my favourite because Destiny is so much swag.

"I'm already gone." ding!

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I like being the underdog . I will never use overpowered charcters/items/weapons . Especially in competitive games .

I play a lot of UMVC3 . My two teams are X-23,Nova,Strange and Tron , virgil , Rocket racoon . Apart from Nova and virgil , those are characters that few play . And i don't use virgil as a xF lvl 3 bullshit anchor .

In Cod my favorite gun is the FAL. Single shot assault rifle that no one uses .

In SF4 i main Chun li . No one in their right mine plays chun li .

Edit : I remember one time at a UMVC3 tournament , i was playing x-23 , nova , strange. Vs Morrigan/doom/ strider . It was best of 5 . The first two rounds i got destroyed , if i got lucky enough to take out Morridoom( which is a top tier pair) , i had to deal with strider xf lvl 3 oroboros . I lost the first two games . I had the crowd behind me adding to stress level . I HAD to do something . I switched out Nova for rocketraccoon .

The next 3 games were the best games of my life . I slowly started making my comback . Bitches don't know bout rocket racoon . After losing two matches to me the guy choked . The last game was the easiest . The hype in the room was amazing when i won the last match .

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
I almost always prefer the evil/bad side. I will play them first always and then go back and replay the game as a good guy. I enjoy being bad in a virtual world since I can't bitchslap people in everyday life.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
Rather have turn based combat in my RPG's. You look at all the bullshit that gamers complain about, that one always comes up. Can tell you that there are only a few RPG's that get left alone that have turn based combat still. Always people that say it's ancient and needs to go away. Rather they go away and stop turning every RPG into a mindless button masher. Don't mind either style, I think turn based will always win hands down.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Korten12 said:
For example, when I play a MOBA like Dota 2 or LoL, I have to play a champion that is Human or near-Human. It's really weird but I just don't like playing champions that have no human-like qualities. So champions like Nocturne and such I don't like.
While I don't play DOTA/LoL, I'm the complete opposite. I'd prefer a character with as little to no human-like qualities as possible as I find them more interesting.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I like characters that can summon monsters/robots/etc and inflict status problems that take away the enemy HP little by little.

I just love poisoning /cursing/burning the opponent and then running away or hiding until they die, even if that's not the best strategy.

I also like playing pacifist/non-agressive characters.
Even if they're evil, because I'd rather choose my targets than go around randomly killing things.

Pseudoboss

Apr 17, 2011
I like to play support/healing characters as much as I can and as purely as I can in LoL, WoW and Terraria. For some reason, I feel like i'm able to much more reliably get that big save in a teamfight that earns us the win than get that big kill. The reward of getting a big save also seem much higher to me, too.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I prefer to be in third person in games like Firefall, TES and FO... Not entirely sure why, but I find it easier to become immersed while still feeling as though I am the character I'm playing.

Not Gabe Newell

Jul 14, 2013
In games where you use firearms, I ALWAYS have to have a full clip. Having anything less than full gets on my nerves. It has lead me to compulsively reload my weapon after I kill just one enemy. It's gotten me killed countless times.

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Lawnmooer said:
I prefer to be in third person in games like Firefall, TES and FO... Not entirely sure why, but I find it easier to become immersed while still feeling as though I am the character I'm playing.
Ditto this. For some reason, I always prefer to see my character when I play, I just can't get over first person for some reason.

Also, I always play with subtitles on, no exceptions. Is that unusual? They're always off by default in the options.

The

Jan 24, 2012
Despite being a weaker class, like a Mastermind in Payday 2, I tend to go in guns blazing if I have to save someone or get to an objective.

glider4

Mar 27, 2012
Not Gabe Newell said:
In games where you use firearms, I ALWAYS have to have a full clip. Having anything less than full gets on my nerves. It has lead me to compulsively reload my weapon after I kill just one enemy. It's gotten me killed countless times.
Haha I get that too. It used to get me killed loads when I went nuts over manual reloading. It still occasionally does.

Keiichi Morisato

Nov 25, 2012
I play as a female when ever given the option, I always play as the healer because I like being needed, I only play games with a voiced protagonist, and I only play games that are in 3D. believe it or not a lot of people take issue with the last two, it is something that I can't really help with. the reason I know this is because I have yet to complete a 2D game, and I have yet to complete a game with a Silent Protagonist that doesn't have "of Zelda" in the title.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
I don;t like hurting 'innocents', pretty much any non-aggressive NPC in a game, to the point I'll reload if I accidentally kill one, even if the game doesn't already punish me for doing so by forcing a reload.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Lieju said:
I like characters that can summon monsters/robots/etc and inflict status problems that take away the enemy HP little by little.

I just love poisoning /cursing/burning the opponent and then running away or hiding until they die, even if that's not the best strategy.

I also like playing pacifist/non-agressive characters.
Even if they're evil, because I'd rather choose my targets than go around randomly killing things.
A little bit of this actually. When I played WoW I loved my Warlock for summons, curses and DoTs - and my time on Torchlight 2 with a Summongineer was the most rollicking fun I had with that game. A walking gun turret, a walking sledgehammer, a paralysing roflcopter and a zerg-rush of exploding spiderbots (not to mention a small skeleton army) = GG.

Also in a leftover from WoW days, when playing open world games I always prefer to quit the game in a safezone. In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for example I hate saving/quitting out in the Zone. I'll always head back to a refuge if I can at all help it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I take the maximum pacifist approach and play a white knight every single time.

Also, I prefer to play a support character, but hate multiplayer.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
In any game with an established religion, I'll play my character as devout as possible, even though I'm an atheist in real life.

In western RPGs, particularly ones similar to The Elder Scrolls, I'll always randomly pick some "rival" NPC to my character, even if he's only got a passing line when you walk by him in the street. I'll do my best to make his life as unpleasant as possible within the confines of the game. This'll be the case even with my goody two-shoes characters who'll run away from fights to avoid hurting anything.

I find myself unable to play aliens in games. I have no problem choosing a different race in a fantasy setting, but I can't stand playing as an extraterrestrial, be it in XCOM's multiplayer or one of the very limited games that let you do that. I have no idea why, since meeting and learning about an alien culture to the point of almost being one of them is one of the things I want to be able to do most in real life.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
If given the chance I will play as the thief with the heart of gold. By which I mean I won't kill if it can be avoided, I will always steal whenever I can and I will always play as human or one of the weirder races like Khajiit in elder scrolls. I always find this is the best layout for playing RPGs as A) If the combat sucks it can be avoided and B)If sneaking is done right, the amount of loot you end up with is just amazing