weird things about you, that no one would notice, unless you told them

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
JopieHaargel said:
I have what seems to be an inner tube under my skin, around the waist-area. Doctors attribute it to drinking too much beer. I don't buy that, because my mother has the same condition and she doesn't even like beer.

More uncommon: my eyes seem to immediately focus on every written spelling error they see. I'm not even looking for them, it's just like there are eye-magnets inside, and every time my brains yells "There's one!" and then moves on. It's really hard to watch a movie with unofficial subtitles like that.
If you find out how to cure that inner tube, tell me. All the women on one side of my family have it, too. Doesn't help whilst swimming, either.

OT: Erm... not sure. I've worn green tinted contacts for the last 16+ years so people think my eyes are green, but they're actually grey/blue. I had my appendix out when I was 11, so I now have a scar that's like 8 inches long and half an inch wide from stretching. ... Really wide feet?

... Actually most people don't believe I weigh what I do. I'm 5'7" and wide shouldered and normally proportioned (I don't have a big tummy and little legs, etc, everything on me is proportional to the rest of me, fat head included) and wear a size 18.... 16 if I've been good (general size XL, or 1X, I can shop in normal stores for clothes), but I weigh 260-270lbs. Really. I can walk/run/climb stairs normally (aside from my knee that I injured a couple months ago), do yoga, eat reasonably healthy (but large protions), and use a treadmill (but not enough).

For reference, Adele is about a size 14. And shorter and narrower than me.

I guess I've got really dense bones, and the muscle you build from being big since childhood helps too. Not to say I'm healthy - I do need to lose weight as I'm 30 soon and things are starting to hurt.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
PsychicTaco115 said:
A bit of cartilage in my left ear sticks out, so when you feel it, there's a little bump

Not exactly life-changing, but it's fun to rub in times of... thinking
it's called a Darwin's Tubercle, it's proves the evolution theory is correct, I have a really prominent one!

More detail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin%27s_tubercle

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Both my big toes bend outward.

I've also never kissed a girl in my whole life.

Sometimes I wonder if the two are connected.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I cut off the tip of my left pinky with a saw at work when I was 18. My girlfriend didn't notice until I told her a couple of months into our relationship.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
My eyes change colour depending on my mood. They go between a light grey, light green and brown. Most people don't notice because i'm usually in a pretty consistant mood when I deal with them. I don't know what it means because I never run to the mirror when my mood changes.

axil56

Jul 9, 2012
I have slightly disfigured fingers and toes where they're sort of curved or slanted and look like they've been hit with a hammer (they haven't btw). Apparently its genetic as my dad and my grandma have the exact same thing.

I've also been diagnosed with Restless-leg syndrome which means whenever I either stand still or stop moving my legs for a period of time I get these weird aching sensations. This also means have a compulsive need to be constantly walking whenever I'm standing up which is pretty amusing when it gets on people's nerves because I won't stand still

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
That I'm Belgian. let me break it down for you all.

From Pre-school I was in an international school, all the way through to high school. All the TV in Belgium that is in English is in American English, because of american shows. This has given me an American accent.

My dad is from Israel and my mother from Belgium. This gives me a distinctive Mediterranean look.

I've been called Greek and Italian, but people mostly think I'm American. Always good for a laugh to burst their bubble :D

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
This one might gross a few people out.

I have 3 testicles (I think it's like that), one of them is larger than the other and happens to have another one the size of the 2nd attached to it by an incredibly small... tube feeling thingy.... Yeah i'm not sure if I should see a doctor about that.

Also, me being Australian. I had a first grade teacher that always told me to enunciate words properly, and most Australians mistake proper enunciation for a British accent (although it doesn't help that I use British terms rather than Australian ones). I also have 90% of my facial features inherited from the Thai side of the family. All of this = no one ever thinks i'm Australian unless I tell them which Australian hospital I was born in and that my father is Australian.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I only have two toes on each foot, and I have disfigured hands.

Now you would think that people would notice the hands thing at least, but I've been at a new school now for 7 weeks, and only one person has noticed, and that was becuase I was ticking things off on my hands, and made a joke about them. I even bloody held hands with someone, and they didn't notice.

So that I guess. :p

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Both my big toes bend outward.

I've also never kissed a girl in my whole life.

Sometimes I wonder if the two are connected.
Mine both bend inward, and I have.

Proof enough for you good sir?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I have aspergers, I wrote a several hyundred page novel in high school, I am an award winning game developer (one award from Microsoft counts bitches!), I had 4 wisdom teeth which were all removed, I have my tonsils, my ears are shaped slightly differently due to oddities during birth, I had asthma and got better (no, seriously), I had terrible ear infections as a child.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I had proper teeth fangs in my upper jaw when I were younger. Almost like a vampire.

Such a shame they trimmed them down, would've been a killer with during Halloween.

aggers

Aug 24, 2010
i crashed my bike a year or two back and although not visibly noticeable i knocked my cartilage sideways so i can only breath through one nostril.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
shogunblade said:
If a hear a number of notes, My mind will leak that song into another song. It's like my mind is constantly writing mashups in my head, but I have no technological abilities to make mashups to post on der Youtubens.

That's about it, really.
I also do that, when my mate writes a song for the band I'm usually like "It sounds too similar to X" and nobody else hears it, turns out that most of the time there is like 4 notes in a row that are the same or the tempo and strumming pattern match up.

darkstarangel

Jun 27, 2008
Im 31 yet everyone thinks im either 19 or 22.

Sometimes I have to show people my drivers license because they dont believe me & think im playing a prank.

m1garand23

Dec 7, 2009
I am missing on of my lower incisors, the one dead in the center, not due to any accident, i just never had it. There is just wider spaces between my lower teeth. Only my dentist notices though.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
My front teeth are kinda fucked because my mouth is too small, or something, so they all came in wonky. I got four taken out last year, so it's all kind of straightened out, but there's two or three visibly squint (if you looked, which is hard due to the aforementioned mouth-smallness).
Fappy said:
Nope, I've been told that it has no impact on how my kidney's function.
That's disappointing.
If you have extra kidney, you'd expect it to work at least a little bit better. Otherwise it's just a waste. Like a room on the side of your house with no entrances.
Unless it's a backup kidney in case one fails.... Hopefully we'll never know.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I've got a few.

1) I have complete heterochromia - my eyes are two different colors. One's green, one's blue... but they're close in terms of color. Most people only notice if I tell them... or when I am wearing certain colors, since certain colors make my eyes look more blue, more green, or more obviously different. I also have a gold-brown ring around both my pupils (a different sort of heterochromia called central heterochromia).

2) I have a very small pebble lodged in my knee from where I fell off my bike on a gravel road. Most of the rocks got cleaned away. That one didn't. You can see it through the scar tissue.

3) I grind my teeth so much in my sleep that I wore a nick into one of my front teeth. It's very small, though, and barely noticable.

Honorable mention - I would say that it isn't noticeable that I used to dance competitively. However, within the past few months, I have had several people ask me if I dance/used to dance. ...Apparently I was standing in a line in fifth position at one point. Another person informed me that I "carried myself like a ballerina."

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
YingDerpington said:
This one might gross a few people out.

I have 3 testicles (I think it's like that), one of them is larger than the other and happens to have another one the size of the 2nd attached to it by an incredibly small... tube feeling thingy.... Yeah i'm not sure if I should see a doctor about that.

Also, me being Australian. I had a first grade teacher that always told me to enunciate words properly, and most Australians mistake proper enunciation for a British accent (although it doesn't help that I use British terms rather than Australian ones). I also have 90% of my facial features inherited from the Thai side of the family. All of this = no one ever thinks i'm Australian unless I tell them which Australian hospital I was born in and that my father is Australian.
That sounds like a hernia, and the description seems to match as well.

You should see a doctor, since this could basically be a small part of your intestines having taking refugee where it has no business staying.

Also, I have nothing weird about myself to contribute.
I am mostly normal.
Mostly.