Weird things that have happened in your area o.O

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Wouldn't know. I've been away for a while at uni, so whether anything strange has happened recently, I don't know. A while back I did hear about some strange animal. Didn't hear of any attacks, but some sightings.

At uni? People are pretty strange there. It happens to be why I like the town so much. Aside from that, nothing springs to mind apart from a few "hauntings" I keep hearing about.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Pretty much nothing happens here that many would probably consider interesting. Though, and this is me scraping the bottom of the barrel of interest here, I've some bugs that I've rarely seen around here normally.

Seen two different mantids around my house, one big and one very small compared to the first

Saw what looked to be an assassin bug about two days ago.

Found a houd=se centipede in my kitchen this morning, not quite sure how the hell it got there.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Launcelot111 said:
Our local (elected) treasurer sent half of our county's budget to her online boyfriend in Nigeria.
this one pretty much takes the cake. so what happened to ms. dumbass?

Shadowhawk77

Jul 30, 2011
Was trying to sleep while this party of delinquints (literally it was a home for juvenile delinquints that werent allowed to go to their parents home) across the street and they went in the road to party when a car wanted to go through...needless to say that they pissed off the driver enough until he ran one of them over while pulling a fast U turn-the cops came and the guy that was ran over was actually hit by the car and flipped over the car and landed only slightly damaged afterwards but they were of course all arested for late party/intoxication in public and all that....still funny that they got what they had coming though

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
We have a racist sheep round about in my town.

We only had white sheep for awhile, then we had a black sheep made but he has been moved and is now being shunned by the white sheep.

Yeah... being deep in the english countryside you get alot of racists :s

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=shepton+mallet+sheep+round+about&hl=en&ll=51.177472,-2.535286&spn=0.001229,0.002411&hq=sheep+round+about&hnear=Shepton+Mallet,+Somerset,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.177508,-2.535175&panoid=ul1SQv68Zn9rgYPIMHBvUQ&cbp=12,163.09,,0,17.02

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
One time when we went out for a walk, we noticed something odd about our neighbors door. Being the curious people we were, we decided to take a look at it. It was an arrow embedded in the door, holding a note that said "pay up next week or else". We figure it had something to do with a somewhat obvious drug thing going around, but still interesting.

Oh and also we never saw that person again....

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
When is something NOT happening in my area... we have had drug dealers, one murder, car crashes.... car tampering.. a firebomb... i live in what we like to term "Hysteria Lane" :p

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Technically I think this is still ongoing.
There is this bearded guy who travel alot on his bike who travel across the roads over here. What set him apart from any other cyclist is I think he's a hobo and have ride in places where he shouldn't travel in (not law breaking but still). He pretty much become well known to the locals over here.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Close by where I live, there are strange monsters believed either plesiosaurs or something like them.

I suspect they are sighted more by people coming out of pubs than anywhere else, though.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I do believe there was a train crash some years ago.

That's about it really, I live in the middle of nowhere.....

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Weirdest thing I can remember happening was some old dude that lived down the street from us got arrested for making chemical weapons and explosives in his garden shed. He was a really friendly old guy too, but it turned out he wanted to take down the Government or something. You think you know a guy...

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
well something happened a year ago a guy was shooting at people with a crossbow

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
The industrial estate next to my school caught fire.
My friend lives on a street where people regularly pass out drunk, has two houses people use to get high in and a house where someone was murdered and he was burgled.
And down the street from there, some fuckwit crashed a car into someone's garden. He knocked down their wall...
And, at some point in the past, someone probably said "You know what we need? More churches." So now we have five churches.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
In my home city we had a plane crash in the middle of a Walgreens.

In my state we had 2 cannibals in the matter of a month. One ate a guys face and another guy ate an arm.

Crumpster

Mar 6, 2011
A really good friend of mine was the only survivor in an airplane crash in her dad's airplane. Her mother, father and one of her sisters died, she just graduated high school today.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well where I worked one day this girl who had mental problems had a fit and started screaming at some random girl and calling her every synonym for slut that has ever existed. When the security guards came to take her out of the shopping centre she screamed and ran for the bank adjacent to it and apparently stripped naked and tried to hang herself with her bra. Scarily her boyfriend had come in only minutes before her episode asking for change and I'd hate to think what would've happen if my boss, who didn't like giving change, had of served them instead of me.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Uhhh, lemme think... we have a lake where you'll find a dead body of some description once every 6 months or so. Latest one which is more a freaky co-incidence than anything else, I met a guy who told me how a dog he was raising got killed by another dog and through a chain of 'I-know-a-guys' a this dude ended up with the corpse and lobbed it in the lake (as you do, apparently)

Different friend of mine a few days earlier complained that he found a load of savaged geese and saw a big dog skulking around that area. Bricks were shat.

Apart from that, we have crazy victorian lady. Middle aged woman who wears victorian era corsets, parasols, the huge dresses, whenever she goes out in public. Apart from that usual drug/knife-crime problems but none too prominent in the weird scale.

Oh, and we made the news recently after England played Italy since people got arrested.

Rathcoole

Jan 1, 2011
When I was a kid a guy got shot outside the post office in my estate. Guys in a car just pulled up beside him in broad daylight and shot him. Apparently it was because he was a catholic but not sure if that's really all there is too it or not. I remember I had a view of the crime scene from my bedroom window.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Not a lot happens where I live... There's the odd suicide (I live in a seaside town with a large bluff) and there was a shark attack early this year, but nothing too spectacular.

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Rastien said:
We have a racist sheep round about in my town.

We only had white sheep for awhile, then we had a black sheep made but he has been moved and is now being shunned by the white sheep.

Yeah... being deep in the english countryside you get alot of racists :s

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=shepton+mallet+sheep+round+about&hl=en&ll=51.177472,-2.535286&spn=0.001229,0.002411&hq=sheep+round+about&hnear=Shepton+Mallet,+Somerset,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.177508,-2.535175&panoid=ul1SQv68Zn9rgYPIMHBvUQ&cbp=12,163.09,,0,17.02
Holy Somerset you're Shepton too? And yeah that roundabout always amuses me slightly...

OT: Well a couple of years ago there was a big fire at the scrap yard... Rumour suggested that it was under dubious circumstances, Then the guy whose car was supposedly responsible got hit by a car a couple of streets from me.... Fun times in hick-ton