Weirdest unneccesarry things you do in games.

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
I plotted to murder Jack, Miranda and (maybe) Jacob in ME 2. I think that was really unneccesary, (not really (they need to die)) because they only pissed me off, all they do if ***** about their problems when I'm on missions getting my ass handed to me by 5 Bloodcrazed Krogans (with shotguns).

Oh, also, trying to romance Viconia in Baldur's Gate II, it's goddamn Impossible!

And there was that one time in TES IV:Oblivion, when I went into all the castles, killed all the guards, took their stuff, and dragged the bodies into huge "gay-piles" or "böghögar" as we call them in Sweden, I didn't even sell the stuff, I just threw it on the floor.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
twistedmic said:
When playing either Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I'd occasionally go up to enemies I'd just killed and shoot each one in the head with a pistol, kind of like a calling card. Sometimes I'd hack the bodies apart with a bladed weapon, or drag the bodies into a pile then set them on fire.

Once when playing Fallout 3, I killed all of the vampire people (including Lucy's brother), cut off their heads and dumped them into a flaming trashcan
I do it to raiders for that sweet taste of revenge and irony.

OT: For very cinematic games like Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy?) I am a perfectionist so I spend a lot of time going over my saves to fine tune the experience. Same with Mass Effect 2- I'm not going into no ME3 with no kelly!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
If I have NPC allies, I almost always try to keep them alive. Same with civilians.

I can occasionally get a bit obsessive about it. I once lost over an hour of Deus Ex gameplay because I had to load a save after accidentally standing on a cat and killing it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I always let D0G win the race in HL2 Ep2.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
thelonewolf266 said:
In GTA4 I once went into a hospital and started killing everybody while shouting you shall be cleansed at the top of my voice the worst part is my friends were there at the time.Yeah I probably need psychiatric help.
Anybody with enough self control to not do that has issues...

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
In Persona 3 (actually I play Persona 3 Portable more now) I go up Tartarus on my own a lot. -.- Those people hog the EXP, if they were really my friends they wouldn't do that XD

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
Fiad said:
In Oblivion I made it a goal to get a copy of every book in the game. Have about 3/4 of them. Also always have a copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid on my character. Why? No clue.
I don't understand why approximately 25% (excaduration) of the population reads that book =)

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I play Tales of Symphonia over and over again, and I like to try something new every time. It never gets old somehow and I've done it some 50 times already.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Pikey Mikey said:
Fiad said:
In Oblivion I made it a goal to get a copy of every book in the game. Have about 3/4 of them. Also always have a copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid on my character. Why? No clue.
I don't understand why approximately 25% (excaduration) of the population reads that book =)
Apparently it is a best seller in Cyrodiil. All the hype with book clubs.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
MaxwellEdison said:
Try to play half life 2 levels using only my crowbar.
Reload, Dr. Freeman!

OT: In RPG's like Dragon Age where you can't hear your own dialouge, I always say the words myself before clicking. IT gives me a better sense of immersion.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Tallim said:
I sometimes play co-op with a friend who feels the need to fire every bullet out of a gun before he switches to another when there aren't any enemies nearby.
I do that. It gets ridiculous when I'm playing Nazi Zombies and I won't switch out my 1911 yet because it's still got a dozen rounds left. I'll keep my shitty guns then switch when I'm completely out.

Capicha: Ranglia applied. Who is Ranglia, and what did they apply for?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Tallim said:
I sometimes play co-op with a friend who feels the need to fire every bullet out of a gun before he switches to another when there aren't any enemies nearby.
I do that. It gets ridiculous when I'm playing Nazi Zombies and I won't switch out my 1911 yet because it's still got a dozen rounds left. I'll keep my shitty guns then switch when I'm completely out.

Heh what I meant was he will stand there and fire the bullets into the floor/air/corpse reload and keep firing until the gun is dry before he picks up the weapon he wants to swap it with.

Gets a bit annoying when you are just standing about waiting to go.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Tallim said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Tallim said:

Heh what I meant was he will stand there and fire the bullets into the floor/air/corpse reload and keep firing until the gun is dry before he picks up the weapon he wants to swap it with.

Gets a bit annoying when you are just standing about waiting to go.
Hehe I sometimes do that if I know I'll need to switch out soon, but I don't need to shoot every single round.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I used to do this weird SWAT-like up-and-around with the end of my gun in most first-person shooters, I've more or less stopped (can't do it on consoles, so probably excessive Xbox usage has kicked it out), but I remember that was a completely useless aesthetic quirk that I would do around basically every single fucking corner. Eh.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Always reloading.

Also in any Fallout game I always roleplay my second character as a dangerous psychopath with touchy feelings. Any character that insults me in the slightest must die.

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
Shoot the air.

Jump around, ALL the time.

Ditching quick-travel AND walking/driving normally (Even in Just Cause 2).

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Oblivion: I try and pickpocket people I'm going to bump off anyway. Never really understood why I bother, but I do it anyway.

On Crackdown, I used to barricade roads with cars and see how long it took for irate drivers to ram the vehicle ahead enough and cause a massive explosion that wouldn't be my fault.

Reload. Fire a bullet. Reload. Fire a couple more. Reload. Never understood why I do this, but for some reason, as soon as I break contact with an enemy in a shooter, I reload (unless its a game like Battlefield 2 where reloading discards the rest of the magazine). Its especially strange because I do it a lot on BFBC2 with the bolt-action snipers after a single shot; I've started to try and cut down because with guns like the SV-98, its totally unnecessary.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas I hoard ammunition, to the point at which I actually have impractically large quantities of it; my current New Vegas character has around 1,700 12.7mm rounds, yet doesn't possess a weapon for it; maybe I should get Honest Hearts so that I have that rifle...

In fact, in Oblivion, Call of Pripyat and the Fallouts, I have noticed I tend to hoard cash as well; I'll take anything of value I find - to the point at which its impractical to move - so that I can sell it later. As a result, I've ended most of these games with more money than it would cost to buy all items at all the traders.

I have some strange gaming habits...

Infernostrider

Feb 8, 2010
every game that has a drop where you cant see the bottom, i jump in to see what happens...i dont care if its timesplitters or demons souls, i will make that jump