Weirdest unneccesarry things you do in games.

Notere

Sep 11, 2008
I shoot damn near everyone I hijack/mug in APB. Why? It becomes a victimless crime then. And anyone who whips out a cell phone.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Sometimes I feel the need to rearrange the bodies after a fight to recreate the perfect battle scene, as if someone would stumble onto the scene and be nonplussed by the whole thing.

a body ontop of the broken table, one behind the counter, one in front of the busted door...

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
I constantly keep swaping my weapons for no reason at all. Often just to pass time like if I'm walking to an objective or just faffing about. I've also never been asked what I'm doing so I guess no one minds.

I also never use my special weapons/abilities. Could be like on New Vegas where I'd never use the alien blaster if I got it, or mass effect 2 where I actually have to remind myself that I have a heavy weapon on my back. Then there is abilites, I rarely remember to use certain abilities espically in RTS's. Most recent example I guess is prototype where I have so many cool sound abilities and I never use them.

Also a compulsive reloader, and a compulsive saver, which is why L.A. Noire is annoying me as it hasn't got a checkpoint system.

L1gh7Sp33d

Apr 15, 2009
Back in the day of call of duty 2, I would always try to run through entire campaigns on veteran with a lugar pistol as my side arm. For some unexplained reason, I felt as if using both a rifle and sub-machine gun would be a disservice to the soldiers who fought there.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
1. In games where you don't lose ammo for reloading with a partially full magazine, always reload after every encounter, even if I only fired a single shot.

2. In older games (like Half-Life and Deus Ex), quick-save constantly. I'm fairly sure I was on save #500 or something by the time I completed Deus Ex. I was playing on 'realistic' setting, but I only died a handful of times, so it was probably unnecessary.

3. Save my poweful weapons (like rocket launchers and railguns or whatever) for only really powerful enemies, even when I have plenty of ammo for them. I'll usually just end up using the basic assault rifle or shotgun for most of a game.

4. Compulsively hoard items in RPGs, especially if I have some kind of house or something where I can store them all. My Megaton house in Fallout 3, my Lucky 38 suite in New Vegas and my Skingrad manor in Oblivion were all packed with weapons, armour and miscellanious items.

5. In games with friendly allies that both aren't invulnerable and yet aren't scripted to automatically die, I'll try and keep them alive for as long as possible. An example of this would be the UNSC marines in the Halo games.

6. In RTS games, I always like to take time when possible to build up my base in a way that looks nice rather than just randomly placing buildings around. This was best shown in games like Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, which had buildable walls and gates. I'd usually spend ages making massive bases with different sections and security checkpoints and stuff.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
explore every nook and cranny on every play through
I also have compulsive reloading syndrome (reloading after every shot)

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Reload after every kill, I save even after I save. And finally I refuse to use healing items, in games like Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Risen. I will use as little as needed, and then find a bed.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Using the walk function in games when out of a fight, because it immerses me more (why would I run everywhere if it was real?) apparently I'm the only one.

(if someone says "you're NEVER the only one" ill slap you for not understanding hyperbole)

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
For some odd reason I have to read my Commander Shepherd's dialogue in a strong Indian accent...I even made a Shepherd for just this voice and he actually looks like a younger Gandhi with out the glasses and if you switched his robes for space armor. I am also playing him as a complete renegade and oddly enough I decided to give him an Arabic name. So my new character is Al-Rahim Shepherd, Earthborn (India), and Ruthless. >_<

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
Urm after watching a Top Gear special I drove from one side of the map to the other in Just Cause 2 :p it was not easy, especially as the tires gave out and the police kept chasing me. Once I drove the car into a ditch and had to get a helicopter to lift it out and then be on my way.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i set my own rules. Like i set a rule to go and kill 1000 mosnters with a pistol or to never steal anything even if the game allows it ect. i once played a 100 hour game as i call it on war and piece where i would play every map for at least 100 hours. also to add to that i was making whole make a road and thats a lot of work to do. i would leave enemies food economy alone and watch them survive while i buold roads around. i always manage to set some runes in games escpially if i play more than once. like in civilization map i play now i destroy any culture that attacks a weaker culture even though the war between them would benefit me. i also beat mafia 4 times with 100% heath all the time. I also make my own maps for RTS games (that i never share with anyone hehe) where there are battles that may last for hours. my record was a stronghold legends map that had a constant battle for 34 hours.

Kiefer13 said:
1. In games where you don't lose ammo for reloading with a partially full magazine, always reload after every encounter, even if I only fired a single shot.

2. In older games (like Half-Life and Deus Ex), quick-save constantly. I'm fairly sure I was on save #500 or something by the time I completed Deus Ex. I was playing on 'realistic' setting, but I only died a handful of times, so it was probably unnecessary.

3. Save my poweful weapons (like rocket launchers and railguns or whatever) for only really powerful enemies, even when I have plenty of ammo for them. I'll usually just end up using the basic assault rifle or shotgun for most of a game.

4. Compulsively hoard items in RPGs, especially if I have some kind of house or something where I can store them all. My Megaton house in Fallout 3, my Lucky 38 suite in New Vegas and my Skingrad manor in Oblivion were all packed with weapons, armour and miscellanious items.

5. In games with friendly allies that both aren't invulnerable and yet aren't scripted to automatically die, I'll try and keep them alive for as long as possible. An example of this would be the UNSC marines in the Halo games.

6. In RTS games, I always like to take time when possible to build up my base in a way that looks nice rather than just randomly placing buildings around. This was best shown in games like Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. which had buildable walls and gates. I'd usually spend ages making massive bases with different sections and security checkpoints and stuff.
You said it all, i do all this and more. Even in games there are no houses i would stockpile items in a "safe location". i once tried to sell all my items in STALKER: SOC and i ended up with around 3 million rubles. i also had to wait "couple" times for traders to restock.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas I hoard ammunition, to the point at which I actually have impractically large quantities of it; my current New Vegas character has around 1,700 12.7mm rounds, yet doesn't possess a weapon for it; maybe I should get Honest Hearts so that I have that rifle...
1700... heh... thats nothing.... i had ammunition in hundreds od thousands. over 120.000 pistol ammo.

micheil3

Apr 4, 2010
Even if I know there is a snake in the box I have to break it, even if I know there are zombies behind that door I have to completely clear every room. I am a 100%er.

PS3Aussie

Jan 8, 2008
SamuelT said:
Sometimes I feel the need to rearrange the bodies after a fight to recreate the perfect battle scene, as if someone would stumble onto the scene and be nonplussed by the whole thing.

a body ontop of the broken table, one behind the counter, one in front of the busted door...
I do that waaay to often I just like to look at it after then move on. Do I need to be locked up

Also I like shooting bosses or large enemies scripted not to die with a basic assault rifle because it made me feel like a foot soldier in a monster movie

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
The Apothecarry said:
Hmmm...does reloading after EVERY kill count?
If it does, it's mine too. I can't help it. Forces me to have Slight of Hand Pro on in CoD at all times.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
In big sandbox games with cars like GTA 4 I always observe the road rules, as in stop at red lights, try to go the same speed as other cars, etc. I even try to make sure I'm in the right lane and get really upset when my car gets a single dent in it.

I usually do it because I try to add to the immersion of the game but sometimes i just can't help it.

Grimlock Fett

Apr 14, 2010
When playing fallout NV I sometimes find myself cleaning up rooms! A tribal nearly snuck up on me while I was throwing tin cans out of a caravan I had just investigated! Needless to say I punched his head off and continued cleaning the caravan before walking away, never to see it again.....! Also dropping my unconscious companions off cliffs! Me Gusta

mionic

May 22, 2011
i always bring any free cubes or turrets to the emancipation grid placing them in row to salute me of..