Well Peta Finally Went There...

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Richard A. Kiernan said:
I can only hope that Nintendo gun PETA down with their lawyer cannons, mostly because it would be funny.
The sole redeeming feature of PETA: they're so far removed from common sense and decency that it's plain funny.

Oct 27, 2010
If anyone is interested, I did a Let's play of it earlier today; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9qHPixbwPs&feature=share&list=UUh4fzEeL-aogFo7F0bBMyeQ

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
The thing that surprises me is that they didn't do this ages ago. Seriously, how did PETA accuse Mario of animal cruelty before fucking POKEMON?

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Wait, do PETA actually do anything to seriously try and stop animal abuse/neglect or do they just prance around being assholes?

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
This game is fucking amazing. Their depiction of Ash is spot on the money hungry fucker.

My loyal pokemonz team of Pikachu, FuckPETA, Cocksplash and WHOEATSPKMN performed admirably.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Took them long enough. Seriously. They made their first Mario, uh, parody quite a while ago. Pokémon seems like the most obvious target. At this point I can't even care about PETA. It's become one of the many very vocal groups that make people who are actually trying to solve a problem look crazy by association.

In other news White 2 is good.

KingOfGreyfell

Oct 7, 2011
They really seem to get a kick out of attacking our childhood. I'd say something to the effect of 'Don't feed the troll' but that really doesn't seem to apply as PETA and WBC appear to be a new breed of troll entirely; one that gains sustenance from the sun or something.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Interestingly, I've always somewhat thought this way, particularly when watching the TV show. The pokemon get absolutely thrashed simply so some ****** with a hat can get a badge. I've always thought it's be awesome if someone made a Pokemon movie or mini-series which was targeted specifically for adults. I remember seeing a trailer with similar concepts on Youtube once. A Voltorb was used as an explosive device to car-bomb a guy. It was awesome.

But I also hope Nintendo sue PETA so hard that they all die.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I do have my own issue with Pokemon and it's similarities to bloodsports but it isn't like this is a hot, controversial topic we're covering here. Cockfights and dogfights are already quite illegal here in the States. If they want to target actual animal cruelty, they should aim at actual animal cruelty instead of getting distracted by every Nintendo mascot that wanders by. It'd make a lot more sense to base a game around Micheal Vick's very real mistreatment of dogs than, say, Samus Aran's seemingly limitless hatred of space jellyfish.

SlaveNumber23 said:
Wait, do PETA actually do anything to seriously try and stop animal abuse/neglect or do they just prance around being assholes?
Google a bit and see what happens to pets who fall into PETA's clutches. It's pretty shocking.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Once again PETA make things more difficult for those of us who work in REAL animal welfare organisations. Christ, why can't we ignore these morons like the hypocritical trolls that they are?

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I kind of wish they'd spend money actually helping creatures already in genuine need rather than taking more digs at children's entertainment. I give up a few days a month at a shelter since I'm admittedly just kind of soft in the center and this place needs the help, and it feels like a thousand dollars there would probably have done a lot more than paying for the programming for this.

They can say what they like, private organization, fair use in parody and whatnot, but with them, there's way too much noise and not enough results. Which makes them a lot more like government than I want to think about, but now that's just sniping.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This is going to be as successfull as their Mario hate thing.
People notice it, give it a week and no one remembers this.

Sep 3, 2011
Just stop it peta! just stop it! its a video game ok? not a big deal.. and peta clams to help but from what i have seen and read they kill more then they save and they want to kill all house pets.. what?

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Took them long enough, it's only been out for over a decade.

Spot1990 said:
Secondly, they aren't generally caged up, they're digitized. Consider this horrible if you will, it still isn't conscious imprisonment.
It's still imprisoning them against their will. If pokemon are sentient I'm sure all those pokemon who were beaten into submission, left in storage and never touched again would prefer their freedom. I mean if you were taken against your will and put into suspended animation would that be ok just because you were unaware you were imprisoned? Hell if they're sentient they probably have family and friends you just separated them from. Ash's ridiculous amount of Tauros... Tauroses? are probably going to outlive their families while digitised. How do you think these sentient creatures will feel if they ever get out.
Dude everyone knows that they get to run around Oak's ranch while they aren't with the player, it's cool. Plus Ash caught the whole herd of Tauros so they are with their family. If anything, now they don't have to worry about getting separated.

It's all sunshine and rainbows in the PC box.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Man, fuck PETA, I have slit a rabbits throat in front of a few of some hardcore "wannabe meat eating" members in spite once, all they did was yell and cry. (yes I ate the rabbit). Munched the BBQ flesh and emailed them pictures. Dumbest group of people to walk this fine planet.