Well, why did you pick your username?

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
I assure you there is a reason behind mine. It's just...

A secret...

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE][/sub][/sub]

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
A paradox is a logical statement or group of statements that lead to a contradiction or a situation which (if true) defies logic or reason, similar to circular reasoning.

Well, Paradox! I love that word. Also, it suits my style of posting.

ANYMONKEY, the 'm' itself, was a random placement. Plus, mPara, sounds Emparah, which is close to Emperor. >.> Which makes it a brilliant confectionery of delight.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
Name (required):

or some variation on that makes me want to give them a requisite name. Pretty simple, actually.

Kahldris71

Jun 1, 2011
Cookie to whomever figures out what book series mine is from.

Captcha, exhortation. orsshe what the fudgepacket.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Add a u to Now and you have a unique name :p. Oh how silly I was a few years ago.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Coz...well actually i stole this from a friend.

we were watching the Simpsons and Luftwaffles came up

Hehehehe we said, it would make a good gamertag he said and by god it does.

I also like planes.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
5 is my favorite number. I added it even though it was unnecessary

Lin is the first half of my first name, Red is the first half of my last name.

It rolls off the tongue pretty nicely... Well I think so anyway.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Suicidejim was a name I gave to one of the guys on my team from 'Worms,' who just used various kamikaze techniques. I reused the name again later for a stick figure who wore a top hat and whose escapades were created during the times I should have been paying attention in maths. Afterwards, i just got into the habit of using it as a username, because nothing else sprung to mind, and I've always enjoyed the sound of it. I mean, suicide, although an awful thing, is a very nice word to say. It flows so well. The 'Jim' at the end just provides a nice little contrast at the end, as it's shorter and sharper.

Recently, however, it's become a little bit of a nuisance, since I have people A) assuming I'm suicidal, which is very rarely true and B) that my name is Jim. It is not Jim.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Oh sweet time to bore you all with a story. So why don't you take a seat while Mr staika tells you a tale of long ago.

You see as a young boy I sometimes talked or at least attempted to talk to my dad in German. And so one day I played a trick on my younger brother and completely fooled him and my dad called him a "steiger" (or however you spell it) which is German for sucker or so I am told. What happened is that I misheard my dad (which happens much more than I'd like but I do make jokes out of it) and I thought he said "staika" and I liked the sound of it so it became my username for pretty much everything. I did discover that staika is an actual word and its a tent, and some other people sometimes steal it on other areas which kind of irritates me :p

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
Been using this handle for just about everything since 2001.

Can't remember the exact details why. I think Zio had to do with naming after the lightning-based attacks from the Shin Megami Tensei games.
As for the 4 (it's supposed to be roman numerals), I think it's because I had recently found out about 4 being the "number of death" over in Japan and thought it was the coolest thing since frozen pizza, being young and all back then.

Whatever the reasons, Zio IV was the result and I'm certainly keeping with it.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
I...don't even know to be honest. Me and my friend both created these similar names back a few years ago. The reason...no clue ._.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
It's one of the many names I use online, for characters and the like, this one means Blood in Gaelic.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Completely unimaginative, but I used an online username generator.
Is the fact that mine is from WoW's random name generator more or less imaginative?

Anyway, I started playing WoW before I really did anything on the internet so I hit the random name button until it gave me something I liked. I then proceeded to use it for everything , because I have no imagination. I don't even play the game anymore, but I haven't gained much imagination in the meantime and one random name is as good as another, really.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Because I'm a big fan of Red vs Blue.

Plus, it's catchy and has a "ring" to it.

[sub][sub][sub]The "X" is only there because "Chupathingy" was already taken :([/sub][/sub][/sub]

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Way back when GW used to be cool, I created the name from "Thalui" eldar/elf for hatred or vengeance and "Khaine", the Bloody-Handed God of Murder. The "e" was dropped because the Mordheim elf special character from the original book has a sword name the Hand of Khaine or somesuch, and that didn't have the "e", so I assumed it to be a grammatical thing.

But, yeah, sorta stuck with it now that GW gave up and dumbed down.

[small]As an aside, at the old BL forum, people used to think I might be Yahtzee, because surely nobody else would speak negatively of their products?[/small]