Welp ProJared's career on the internet is now forever destroyed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Abomination said:
Raggedstar said:
Squilookle said:
All I want to know is exactly how many subscribers he had before the tweet, and now many he has now.
I think he was a bit over 1 million before things started. News broke and he lost more than 80k.
So he has, at the least, 910k-ish? Not exactly the mass exodus that was suggested.
his youtube has about 200k now, and this twitter about the same
How did this man earn 1,000,000 Youtube subs in the first place I have no idea. Right place at the right time?

Somecallmejohnny as a far more nicer guy and has way more quality videos, and he only has 300,000. And he started back in 2008.
He had lots of popular contacts with which he participated and made crossovers. Since Screwattack and Normal Boots to Angry Joe and Jim Sterling.

Just briefly scanning through Somecallmejohnny videos, he sounds bored on them (and sometimes even boring)
He's the most down to earth guy and because of that I relate to him a lot. Like given his past stories this guy could have been my friend in a school once.

Also which episode where you watching?
As I said, I just skimmed through some of his videos: vs. Hey, you Pikachu!, vs. Dark Souls and his MegaMan X stream. Watched some of his reactions, his comments and his jokes.

I just watched vs. Sonic Adventure 2 fully to have a more direct comparison. He spends the first 13 minutes reciting the game's story. 5 minutes in, and I'm falling asleep (partially because of sleep deprivation, but that's besides the point). Then it gets into the gameplay and it's like I'm watching a school presentation about the game's instruction manual. 30 minutes in and we arrive to presentation (no, not school presentation; I mean graphics, animation, voice acting, music, etc) and, well, I hear his words of appreciation and criticism, but he still sounds like he is reading from a grocery list. Yes, he has jokes to make it more funny, but for the most part his tone sounds detached.
Well he's not necessarily playing a character like Nostalgia Critic, AVGN, and Jontron.
That has little to do with it. Just the the structure and the pacing of the review alone makes it more tedious than it should.

PS: No matter how authentic he may seem, he won't be the same in person. In vs. Mega Man X he shows he has already developed a brand image (and that aside, it's a better video than his vs. Sonic Adventure 2 because of pacing and structure).
Yeah his Sonic Adventure 2 review was his far older content. And he was very ameture back then. I personally think he started getting better by his review of Super Mario 64.

In my case he's fun to listen to as background.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
CrazyGirl17 said:
Dreiko said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
...Jesus Christ, I've already had to deal with the fallout from #changethechannel, I don't need any more of this!
What is #changethechannel?
You know what Channel Awesome was, right? Well, apparently there was some crap going on behind the scenes that really shook up the fans...[/quote

I also have no idea what you're talking about at all.
Links:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WZFkR__B3Mk9EYQglvislMUx9HWvWhOaBP820UBa4dA/preview

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d7UTXkL5HqywUqNMXwL5nVG4R84Hr1GX7Phagi15mUo/edit
I thought we had a thread on it here too.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
evilthecat said:
He did effectively con people out of money though, which sucks.
Right, I forgot about that. People are still giving him $500 a month to do nothing, though.
Samtemdo8 said:
Nostalgia Critic has done some scummy things.
I thought it was mostly the manager? From what I remember following that, Doug was mostly guilty of just hanging back and staying out of it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
altnameJag said:
If it were just the cheating, I wouldn't care. Personal business, etc, etc.

The gaslighting, backhanded handling, and dick pics/solicitation is garbage.

Seriously, has a dick pics ever worked? In the entire history of humanity, has a dick pic ever worked?
Only if I was asked first. It?s also a good test of the others character IMO.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
altnameJag said:
Seriously, has a dick pics ever worked? In the entire history of humanity, has a dick pic ever worked?
From what I understand, it's just a numbers game. It's possible to send a pic to, say, 25 people per minute pretty easily if you're just spamming it. If the pics work on even just 0.067% of women, that's less than an hour of "work" to get someone interested.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
I just looked at the guy since I never heard of him, and he kinda looks like spoony. Which is a bad thing.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Whats so special about this guys channel? He just seems like another youtube game reviewer.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Marik2 said:
Whats so special about this guys channel? He just seems like another youtube game reviewer.
Nothing per say, but it's sort of a community thing... Blistered Thumbs, Normal Boots, etc. They had a lot of good will when video game reviews was just getting started online and was more personal. They had a connection to their community and fans, and even after youtube changed and a lot of the personal sites went bust, the contributors still had a decent following. ProJared going under was jarring because he was to a lot of people who only knew him for his content, a fairly laid back and decent guy. It was the same gut punch that JewWario fans had recently.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Armadox said:
ProJared going under was jarring because he was to a lot of people who only knew him for his content, a fairly laid back and decent guy. It was the same gut punch that JewWario fans had recently.
I know, right? Especially the JewWario thing, even now I still can't get over it, my perceptions and reality keep clashing...

Shit like that is why I prefer fiction to reality most of the time...

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
People still actually get married? Why?

jademunky said:
altnameJag said:
I'm led to understand that it works on men.

*EDIT* but yeah, I would be much more sympathetic towards this behaviour if woman were anything but repulsed by it.
If the entire sex is disgusted by your genitals, either go gay or just give up and embrace the advances in modern sex-toy technology. Yay for silicone!

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Kwak said:

jademunky said:
altnameJag said:
I'm led to understand that it works on men.

*EDIT* but yeah, I would be much more sympathetic towards this behaviour if woman were anything but repulsed by it.
If the entire sex is disgusted by your genitals, either go gay or just give up and embrace the advances in modern sex-toy technology. Yay for silicone!
Well, it's not that simple as them being repulsed by our genitals. It's being attracted to them when attached to the whole package of a person.

And yeah, people still get married. Tried for a better part of a decade, didn't work out.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Also, he's dropped to about 845K subscribers. I wonder if he can lose 200K in a week?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Kwak said:
Cause the legality of marriage is really important, especially if your partner dies and their family are shitty people.

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
Saelune said:
Kwak said:
Cause the legality of marriage is really important, especially if your partner dies and their family are shitty people.
We got married in order to get her on the dental insurance I had from work. We never did get her name changed, so me and the daughter have my last name, but my wife doesn't.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Rangaman said:
This is really shitty, and he's living up to the "alienhead shit kid" comment, but I doubt it's a career-ender. Oh yeah, he'll lose his friends and fanbase. But if recent history proves anything, he'll find an all new group of fans and friends very soon.

Kwak said:
It's fancy and stuff. And you get to be the centre of attention for a day. Alternatively, religion.

I don't if ProJared going to the embraced by "ralt ight" section of the internet. He made a comment one about wanting more female fans and his mistress fits the "bright haired tumblr girl" look so that would be insane if does that level of 180.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Kwak said:
Smooths out a lot of legal complications (e.g. next of kin rights). That's the main reason my wife and I are married: it's not like official government verification was ever going to make any difference to how we felt about each other.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Page 1 of this thread kinda missed the mark as these past few days unfolded. I really don't see this blowing over at this rate. His career is pretty much dead and buried.