Westboro Baptist Chruch is coming to my town...

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Furbyz said:
When will we get to protest their funeral? How long can Phelps have left in him?
About seven inches! *badum*tsh*

The gay pride march sounds like an interesting idea. How about a "dress as gay as you can" competition for local men not attending the funeral, including a parade from one side of the Phelps mob to the other, followed by "Butchest dyke look" and "girliest lesbian ever" competitions? I know it's kind of offensive to stereotype us with labels like that but damn it I've MET men who really were screaming pooftas and I've MET butch dykes who were being butch dykes on purpose because they wanted to be butch dykes, called themselves butch dykes and were proud to be butch dykes ... and, you know, it's worth it for the lulz and all that.

Lingerie water-pistol fight also springs to mind but maybe that's just because I'm in the mood for a lingerie water-pistol fight.

Another suggestion, nothing to do with them or the funeral at all: get all the prettiest landscape pictures and flower close-ups and so on you can and stand around holding them for people to see and enjoy. Just make sure you're more interesting that the Phelps mob. Bonus points for having local fantasy art creators actually painting live at the time. A tip-off to the news people might result in them convincingly faking it:
Outside the church where the funeral is being held, members of the Westboro Bapti... you know what? We've covered this before. They're not doing anything new. What is new is this public art display over here. Let's go and find out what it's about.
Edit to add: join their protest. Get your signs slightly wrong.

"God hates facts."

"Ayatollah Khomeini hates fags."

"God totes bags."

"Dog haste gaffs."

"God hates FOX."

"God hates hares."

"God hates shaving."

God looks like this:

"Ra hates fags." The Bible was plagiarised, after all.

"God is undead. - zombie Nietzsche"

"Matthew 7:1"

You could also try a really religious painting:

Revelation 1:12

I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 4:2

and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

5And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

6And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Revelation 5:6

I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

8And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Do a painting of all of that, and get someone to hold this up facing it:

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
ForgottenPr0digy said:
why is this protesting at a soldier's funeral?? This man/women died in service to our Nation they should be honored for such a act not be hated for it.
Their the WBC, they dont care about the soldiers lives and just want to be gay bashing s**t bags.

OT: I reccomend calling the police and say there disturbing the peace, if you can make fake accusations of them throwing stuff and making loadsa noise. Thatll get them arrested, those twats.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Call the Police and say the Westboro church Is and stupid be Eradicated from the Gene pool

Danish_4116

Sep 15, 2009
There's a motorcycle club called the Patriot Guard Riders that exist to protect the solemnity of the funerals of fallen soldiers.

From their website:
"Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means."
http://www.patriotguard.org/

They have a list of confirmed missions on their webpage and SGT. Daniel Patron's service is on there.

Here is a video of them in action against Westborro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WysC_Hs_Q&feature=related

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
Paul Palumbo said:
Nerf guns, water canons, bad singing, try to drive them off.
THIS THIS THIS!!!! do this and film it, put it on youtube and achieve fame all over the internet for annoying the most annoying retarded group of religious zealots ever.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
As a resident of Kansas, I believe I have the perfect solution for dealing with Westboro. This method is tried-and-true; being adapted by Kansasans who hate the fact that Westboro calls their state home.

IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY!

The more attention you give them, the more they will scream and shout. Either that, or do what this town in Mississippi did:

http://www.retirelikeme.com/2011/04/21/mississippi-town-destroys-westboro-baptist-plans/

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Build a boat for them, move the funeral to Britain, when they arrive they're not allowed to enter so they have to get back on the boat and go. What they don't know is a diver drilled holes in the bottom of the boat, after they are a few miles gone the boat sinks and they have to swim to safety, since they can't go to Britian they have to try and swim to Ireland, they will not make it......

Nobby

Nov 13, 2009
Well they seem to be fans of IED's so how about giving them a few of those.

But in all seriousness these scumbags are best ignored or countered by drowning them out with humorous things that will infuriate them.

hellflame

Nov 9, 2010
Nobby said:
Well they seem to be fans of IED's so how about giving them a few of those.
i support this statement, just set off some fireworks near them (aimed at them).
or get people with laser pointers, lots of people, aim for the eyes.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Broady Brio said:
I don't get it. They go to funerals of soldiers who mostly are straight?

Well I'd go for the gather your county up and parade in front of them and circle around them, but that just my idea. Which probably wouldn't work.
They believe that soldiers don't deserve a funeral, because they are killers, and thus sinners (Ridiculous of course).

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
TheRenaissanceMan said:
Organize a counter-protest. If you can get enough people to protest against the Westboro Baptist Church people then maybe they'll just go away.

All else fails, a night in jail for assault seems like a fair price to pay for breaking the nose of shivving one of the protestors.
Post altered for preference.

Also, they misspelled his name. It's Patron, they put Patton. He's a marine sergeant, not a famous general.

OT: I am utterly sick of this shit-stains protesting funerals. Even if you don't believe in the current wars, everyone's family deserves closure. I went to my great uncle's funeral a couple of weeks ago and if someone had showed up to try and stop it I'd probably have tried to go biblical on their ass and crucify them. What I don't understand is how celebration at a memorial (which even applies to dancing) is illegal when protesting someone's funeral is protected by free speech.

I plan on joining the Royal Marines, and if I could somehow find a loophole, I would have a last request that at my funeral, complimentary air pistols be dispensed among the mourners. Any loved ones I may have at that point in my life don't deserve to be hassled.

karloss01 said:
Lukily, the WBC have been banned from entering the UK for their hateful messages so we'll never have to deal with them.
Oh, right. Well I plan on moving to America after my tour of duty. But I didn't know that, that's awesome.

Edit: I'm not gay, but I have heard of them just generally protesting military funerals, so... yeah.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
sleeky01 said:
Witty Name Here said:
Find out what cars they're using and convince willing members of your town to "Accidently" park their cars in front of them so they wont be able to drive to any funeral, try and get your town to work together, I'm sure no one, regardless of personal beliefs, like those WBC scumbags, hell, even the KKK said they hated that group.

I'm sure you'll have no problem getting your town to work together to keep those scumbags from protesting any funeral.
You can even use those evil social-networking services that UK Prime Minister David Cameron doesn't like.

Turning the lot they parked in into something resembling a used car lot does have some appeal.

And if you know {or can find out} what towing company the city contracts out to, and explain things to them. They might be "just too damm busy" to do anything about it when they call to complain.
Heh, my idea would've been to contact the towing company and arrange an "unfortunate mix-up" as soon as they arrive in town.

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
After the funeral procession has past block access and forcibly (but not violently) stop them from entering the area.
You can also keep an eye out for their license plates and sabotage their vehicles or just block them in.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
While they are out protesting leave piles of clothes along the street and get some really load speakers to play a trumpet sound, then pretend the raptures come, that you're all sinners left behind and they must have been too.