Westboro Baptist Chruch is coming to my town...

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
RamirezDoEverything said:
On August 6th, Marine Corps Sgt Daniel Patron was killed in Sangin Afghanistan.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cantonrep/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=153038915

Then, I stumble upon this..
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110811_Dead-Soldier-Canton-OH-Daniel-Patton.pdf [http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110811_Dead-Soldier-Canton-OH-Daniel-Patton.pdf]

So escapist, what should we do about it?
I will be standing outside of the church to support the family, if they do happen to show up and disrupt the funeral, what should we do? Complain to the police that they're disturbing the police? Pretend we can't hear them?

I just have no clue what to think about this...
Tell them you don't know who the hell Patton is and that they got the wrong guy.
That is, of course, assuming the obituary got the name right. Which I should hope so. >_>

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
I believe that this is the best solution:

It's the easiest way to get into Heaven because I'm pretty sure even God hates these guys for being not only retarded,but insane on top of it.
So just remember,make sure nobody is seeing you commit this act of great justice,I hear it's against the law or something.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Troll them. Hard. Talk about how Jesus liked men and how Christianity is one giant gay-fest. Love Jesus as he loves you. Well, for guys, that sounds pretty gay. Letting Jesus/God/whatever inside of you is certainly sodomy for the males. it's total bullshit but it should piss them off.

Or, just ignore them. Directing hate their way creates righteous indignation on their part, which they channel into more protesting. Completely ignoring them should frustrate them and make them angry, but not cause the same sort of righteous indignation.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
get friends to park their cars behind theirs on the day of the protest. also if you have friends in the police dept. get them to charge them PRIOR to the event so they can be placed in jail for their own protection... heh...

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
shoot them....you will win the trial and everyone (especially the christian crowd oddly enough) will love you.

Vandy

Apr 18, 2011
Don't get mad, get fab! There's plenty of folks out there who're more then happy to do counter protests and what not.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Phlakes said:
Clever counter protest. And don't let them get to you. Just make some subtle posters and stand there with them, trying to make them really, really uncomfortable. And if they try to talk to you, just smile and wave.

If you get a decent group of people to do exactly that, you'll defeat them easily.
Foolproof. The best way to deal with these types is to just RL troll the ever loving crap out of them.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
If there's one thing I've learned about humanity, it's that most people are idiots, and most idiots are incredibly stubborn. They're pretty much brainwashed at this point, (just look at the blatant propaganda technique on that page) and trying to fight them will only reinforce their notions that they're right and you're wrong. Feeding the trolls isn't going to help. Don't go down to their level, don't let them win, don't play their games. Just shun.

esin

Feb 17, 2010
Furbyz said:
Could the WBC possibly have an ulterior motive? I mean think about it. Everyone hates them. Literally everyone. The entire world is united in their shared hatred for this one group. Through their refuge in audacity and hatred, they've brought together every race, creed, and color of man. That's pretty tough to do.
So we'll hate them. Because they can take it. Because they aren't our heroes. They're our guardian, our watchful protector. Our dark knight.

Blazingdragoon04

May 22, 2009
If L4D has taught me anything, it is that molotovs'll break up big bunches of anything pretty quickly, just make sure to watch out for collateral damage.

OT, I honestly have no idea. These people frustrate me to no end, and the amount of disrespect they show people SHOULD be able to justify physical violence against them, with the added benefit of eliminating some extremely idiotic and ignorant from the gene pool, thus ensuring social Darwinism in its most awesome form.

If you can't just block them and they disrupt the ceremony, I suggest a firehose and a fire hydrant and just make it rain high pressured water on their dumb asses.

Oh, another idea arises. Bring paint and just ruin their signs. Id laugh seeing some WBC protester holding a sign that shows jesus with a snidly whiplash mustache, or just covered in paint all together.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
The whole thing is blown up way out of proportion. From what I've heard from friends (who have had said pickets in their areas), the WBC only congregates around a Baptist Church in the area, and it never hits the news. Everyone just ignores them. That's the best way to go about it.

And if one starts leaving its territory to swing signs in your face, you have full rights to break the sign and stuff it up their ass until they're choking splinters. Long as you do it discretely and in an alley nearby so no one else will see.

*Fact, the only place they hear about it is on The Escapist (on such threads) and from second-hand articles published by the WBC that someone shows them.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Seriously, what is with all these mentalist religious folk.

"Join our church, sanity is optional".

First some tools wanting to kill atheists and now this.

Those of us that don't "believe" may very well burn in hell but at least we'll be sane while we do it ..... numpty's.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
This message to be preached in respectful, lawful proximity
to the memorial of Sgt. Daniel J. Patton

Oh dear god has anyone read that flier!?

But yeah, clue in on the laws, ask local police exactly what laws they're teetering to and make sure they stick to them.

That's all.

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwigMTjup70&feature=related

My god. Thats beautiful, and I'm not even American.