Westboro cult to protest Elizabeth Edward's funeral.

Bek359

Feb 23, 2010
Fuck 'em all. First Amendment rights only go so far.

Seriously, they do. There is, in practice, a limit on what you can say, and these people crossed it long ago. I mean, even the fucking KKK think they're horrible bastards!

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Naheal said:
They crave attention. IRL trolls are being trolls.

Hey, I have an idea that I'd like to put to a vote to the Christians on this site. All in favor of removing the WBC as an association of Christianity, may I see your hands?
You may not see it, but the hand is most certainly present.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
I think we should combine the vuvuzela and the leader's funeral trolling. Gather Escapist users and march on the funeral with vuvuzelas in hand. They wouldn't stand a chance.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Naheal said:

Hey, I have an idea that I'd like to put to a vote to the Christians on this site. All in favor of removing the WBC as an association of Christianity, may I see your hands?

It hurts me twice any time they do anything, firstly because... well, isn't it FREAKING OBVIOUS.

But it hurts even more that their doctrine doesn't follow any part of the Bible (short of some old-testament non-contextual twisting) then try to say they're CHRISTIANS. It hurts so, so very bad.

TheMaddestHatter said:
But I don't hope you burn in Hell, like you most likely wish that I do. I simply hope that God will show you His powerful love and snap you out of this ridiculous zealotry that demeans us all.

Signed,
The Gentleman.
I know that this is how I should respond to them... It's the reason I try not to talk about them too often, I'd probably end up hating them as much as they hate me.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Zeithri said:
I am not a christian and my views on how death should be dealt with differs.

But there is one thing that I and probably everyone else can sniff their way to when it comes to Westbro;
They aren't religious nor spiritual at all.

They've discovered a "smart" way of pissing people off, getting beat or such and then suing the hell out of you with all their expensive lawyers. That is Westbro in a nutshell, Greedy nonspiritual trolls. The best way to deal with them is to just turn the other cheek.
This is exactly how I feel.

For the longest time, I simply couldn't wrap my head around how something like this could function. Call me naive, but I just couldn't understand THIS much hatred coming from one group like this. I mean, these guys are hateful to the point of being almost comical, they're like the kind of villains that would tie a woman to the railroad tracks.

But then I put it in the context of a scam, like Zeithri said, and suddenly it made perfect sense. Especially when you consider that most of the adults in the group are lawyers. (yes, when the kids in the cult grow up, they're "encouraged" to get into the law field)

So yes, ignoring them is probably the best way to make them go away. Even if it is the least-satisfying way.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Eh. I'm just waiting for them to breed themselves out of existence. Its the same thing I hope happens to Fundalmentalist mormons.

EDIT: As for why they do this, its because they think this is how the Christian religion is supposed to be at its "purist"

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
These terrorists are just fucking ridiculous. It's a shame homophobias still rife, but these guys are a primary reason for it.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
BlindTom said:
If you let them get to you then you are letting them win. Just don't give the children the attention they crave. Maybe give them a little kiss of forgiveness if you run into one who is the same sex as you.
There was a news report from Hawaii about them protesting. I loved that the reported made a point to show how the group acted while she was trying to ask them questions, then tucked around the corner and spied on them without them realized. She pretty much said at that point they where losers craving attention, and when the spot light was off they just stand around and pick their asses, the best way to deal with them is to ignore them.

finecrazydud

Mar 6, 2010
its why i like santanism whitch goes against the hatred of christianity and welcomes all. the only bad thing is it encourges the 7 deadly sins

radicaledward92

Dec 29, 2009
TheMaddestHatter said:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20025205-503544.html

To quote the article itself,

In a statement released on the church's website -- the URL of which, www.godhatesfags.com, gives a pretty good sense of the group -- Westboro accused Edwards of "spewing blasphemy" and mounting a "smash-mouthed assault on His deity."

"Elizabeth Edwards & her faithless husband, John, lightly esteemed what they had. They coveted things that were not theirs - and presumptuously thought they could control God," the statement reads in part.
What. The. F***.

I was in tears when I finished reading this because I was so pissed. So, I submit an open letter to the Westboro Baptist Cult:

Congratulations. Your actions have caused more damage to the image of Christianity than the thrice-cursed Inquisition. I am shamed that I even share a species with you, let alone a religion. But that's not quite true, is it? None of you are Christians. Your hate-filled interpretations and blatant contradictions are simply a perversion of my closely held faith. I can practically smell the white-out that's covering most of your Bibles. You are not crusaders. You are not visionaries. You are not prophets. You're a religious 4chan. But I don't hope you burn in Hell, like you most likely wish that I do. I simply hope that God will show you His powerful love and snap you out of this ridiculous zealotry that demeans us all.

Signed,
The Gentleman.

Discussion: Why in God's name do they do this?
these are the people that made David Yost, the king of nerds in mighty morphing power rangers, go insane, as far as i care i hope they do rot in hell :)

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
At least you're recognizing them as a cult. These people are not a Christian church. They're simply not. Their actions are blatantly against how Christians are supposed to live; they give everyone of the faith a bad name. They're hypocritical douchebags who really need to stop existing.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Honestly it would be more of a news story at this point if these psychotic fuck ups didn't protest at a funeral.

We can't silence them, so we just have to sit back, calm down, ignore them, and maybe someday soon they'll drink some special kool-aid.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
I don't really agree with the Edward's as politicians but...
Can we just toss the entirety of the WBC off a cliff?! This is just pathetic.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Naheal said:

Hand raised high.

OT: The Westboro cult has infuriated me for years! As a Christian, I was taught that I was to love my neighbor, not condemn him/her to Hell. Everyone sins, because no one is perfect. It is BECAUSE no one is perfect that none of us have the right to judge each other. They don't seem to care that they're sending our image to the stone age, busy as they are on doing exactly what Jesus commanded his followers NOT to do.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
OT: The best way to fight these guys is counter-trolling, a thing I like is to wait until their leader dies and then protest his funeral, epic lulz are guaranteed.
That is an amazing idea!

La Barata

Apr 13, 2010
NeedAUserName said:
I'd drop the 4chan reference, I doubt any of them will understand it. But they are still awful bastards. Its sort of a dream of mine to go to one of those and kick Fred Phelps' head in. I doubt any judge would sentence me to a particularly long time on prison for it, and I feel it would do more good then bad.
Oh, they know who 4chan is, trust me on that. They've been fucking with them for a good long time

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I liked reading your letter, that's fur sure. I'm sure it won't stop anything, though. I think that only God could ever save them from their ridiculousness. As a Christian, I am rather upset that there is a group like this out there. I honestly don't give a single crap whether or not they believe in that. But if they are going to make their business other peoples' business, we have a problem.

I think the only way to stop them is to troll back. They're trollin', they hatin', that's all it is. Now, they're not trolling like an internet troll does, making intentional logical fallacies and being a jackass for the sake of teh lulz. They actually have their honest belief, and by God it wouldn't be America if we didn't let them believe in what they do. But making it someone else's business is simply discourteous. If fighting fire with fire can work in Pokémon, it can work in real life, as long as we are a higher level fire pokémon using more powerful attacks.

Allow me to leave with this prime example of how to fight back:

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
I've said it before, I'll say it again. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

honestly op, its shit like your letter that Fred Phelps whacks off to at night.