Westboro cult to protest Elizabeth Edward's funeral.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
These people are complete nutjobs, so I can't say I'm the least bit surprised. Doesn't make things better, naturally. =\

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
TheMaddestHatter said:
What. The. F***.

I was in tears when I finished reading this because I was so pissed. So, I submit an open letter to the Westboro Baptist Cult:

Congratulations. Your actions have caused more damage to the image of Christianity than the thrice-cursed Inquisition. I am shamed that I even share a species with you, let alone a religion. But that's not quite true, is it? None of you are Christians. Your hate-filled interpretations and blatant contradictions are simply a perversion of my closely held faith. I can practically smell the white-out that's covering most of your Bibles. You are not crusaders. You are not visionaries. You are not prophets. You're a religious 4chan. But I don't hope you burn in Hell, like you most likely wish that I do. I simply hope that God will show you His powerful love and snap you out of this ridiculous zealotry that demeans us all.

Signed,
The Gentleman.
I applaud you sir.

That was the most well written "OH SNAP!" moment I have ever read.

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
What I don't get is why Anonymous is going after anti-wikileaks people, but not WBC. Sure, Anons tend to use 'fag' to describe everything under the sun, but I'm pretty sure they arn't all homophobes.

As for the vuvuzela idea: SHEER GENIUS.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
TheMaddestHatter said:
What. The. F***.

I was in tears when I finished reading this because I was so pissed. So, I submit an open letter to the Westboro Baptist Cult:

Congratulations. Your actions have caused more damage to the image of Christianity than the thrice-cursed Inquisition. I am shamed that I even share a species with you, let alone a religion. But that's not quite true, is it? None of you are Christians. Your hate-filled interpretations and blatant contradictions are simply a perversion of my closely held faith. I can practically smell the white-out that's covering most of your Bibles. You are not crusaders. You are not visionaries. You are not prophets. You're a religious 4chan. But I don't hope you burn in Hell, like you most likely wish that I do. I simply hope that God will show you His powerful love and snap you out of this ridiculous zealotry that demeans us all.

Signed,
The Gentleman.

Discussion: Why in God's name do they do this?

There is no way any God will have a place for them in heaven. It might even be unfair to the rest of the people in hell to put him there though. :)

In all seriousness, it makes me so damned angry when I see other Christians doing this; people look at this and say "oh, all Christians hate gays" or "all Christians are hateful, close-minded bigots". Here's hoping an asteroid finds it's way to his house.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Giving them attention is a bad idea. These people are part of a hateful religion, one that is attacked and alienated regularly. And it suits them, because now they feel oppressed, now they feel that they're the ones who are being attacked and we're the godless assholes who are wrong. Don't you see? These people are feed by others' hatred of them. Ignore them, don't give them news outlets, suppress their ability to draw attention to themselves. I guarantee you they wouldn't protest as much if there were no news articles or programs going on about them every time. The best way to beat them is by ignoring them.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Simply put a load of statues around the area, celebrating famous or influential lgbt people, and then arrest them for defacing them if and when they do. It would life the spirits of the locals, and honour those who have been insulted in death. I can't think of a better idea myself

nomis101uk

May 23, 2010
No offense, I'm sure it's satisfying to write, but the letter is a waste of time. They are fully aware of how much the world hates them and they are sincere in their beliefs (except possibly the leader, as is often the case in these things). What's more they believe they are doing a loving act of kindness to people by informing them of their sinful ways and letting them know the important matter of God's hate.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Blind Sight said:
Giving them attention is a bad idea. These people are part of a hateful religion, one that is attacked and alienated regularly. And it suits them, because now they feel oppressed, now they feel that they're the ones who are being attacked and we're the godless assholes who are wrong. Don't you see? These people are feed by others' hatred of them. Ignore them, don't give them news outlets, suppress their ability to draw attention to themselves. I guarantee you they wouldn't protest as much if there were no news articles or programs going on about them every time. The best way to beat them is by ignoring them.

Gahhhhhh!!! This is what I'm talking about! We are not a "hateful religion". Most of us hate those fuckers as much as you do. People see the hardcore Catholics, the close-minded nut-jobs and WBC types as the norm.

I know there are a lot of bad Christians out there, but please don't tar the rest of us with the same brush, there is plenty of nice Christians too.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Vryyk said:
Blind Sight said:
Gahhhhhh!!! This is what I'm talking about! We are not a "hateful religion". Most of us hate those fuckers as much as you do. People see the hardcore Catholics, the close-minded nut-jobs and WBC types as the norm.

I know there are a lot of bad Christians out there, but please don't tar the rest of us with the same brush, there is plenty of nice Christians too.
Um, read my statement please, and by read it, I mean read what's there, not what's going through your head. Did I say that Christians were a hateful religion? No, I said that THESE PEOPLE are part of a hateful religion, you took the point completely out of context. A 'religion' is any group with a set of supernatural or spiritual beliefs about nature, the meaning of life, and the universe that they attempt to apply to the public realm. I don't consider these people to be a product of Christianity as much as I consider the KKK to be. Do you consider these people to be part of mainstream Christianity? Because that's what you're implying. The fact is that their religion is founded on the fundamental principle that God hates the vast majority of society, and thus they can be seen as a faith based entirely on hate. I suggest you actually read and analyze a post, before you get instantly defensive, it shows a certain amount of insecurity about your faith.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
Blind Sight said:
Um, read my statement please, and by read it, I mean read what's there, not what's going through your head. Did I say that Christians were a hateful religion? No, I said that THESE PEOPLE are part of a hateful religion, you took the point completely out of context. A 'religion' is any group with a set of supernatural or spiritual beliefs about nature, the meaning of life, and the universe that they attempt to apply to the public realm. I don't consider these people to be a product of Christianity as much as I consider the KKK to be. Do you consider these people to be part of mainstream Christianity? Because that's what you're implying. The fact is that their religion is founded on the fundamental principle that God hates the vast majority of society, and thus they can be seen as a faith based entirely on hate. I suggest you actually read and analyze a post, before you get instantly defensive, it shows a certain amount of insecurity about your faith.
Alright, I'm glad you didn't mean what I thought you meant. It wasn't intended as an attack on you, I'm just irritated by WBC and their ilk.

To be fair though, you did say (and I quote) "they belong to a hateful religion" instead of "they belong to a hateful sect". If you were just saying that their beliefs are so out of whack with Christianity that they might as well be a separate religion then I apologize unreservedly.

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
Isn't Westboro the cult led by the Tall Man from Phantasm?

Yet out of all the serial killers and general evil people in the world, why has no one even tried to kill this cult?

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
These guys have the right idea: just create a peaceful screen between the protesters and the grieving family. They were originally created as a reaction to these WBC clowns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

Here's hoping they turn out for Elizabeth.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Naheal said:
They crave attention. IRL trolls are being trolls.

Hey, I have an idea that I'd like to put to a vote to the Christians on this site. All in favor of removing the WBC as an association of Christianity, may I see your hands?
Sadly, they're not trolls.
Trolls have a MINIMUM level of decency, and these people just simply ain't got it.

Even though I'm not a Christian (was, then decided to go agnostic), I'm with you on removing them from any religious clauses, and then from the gene pool.

Now, I believe it's time to call in the LOIC's.
Anyone want to fire one of them?