WGDF

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009

As a side note, while I haven't fought bees before, I have been in a chase scene with a nest of wasps that I stepped on once. It didn't end well.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Wait... I don't get it.
IceForce said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen.
A repeat of this, probably:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.828270-WHITE-GUY-DEFENSE-FORCE-GO

Check out the size of that thread.
And try to count the number of bans in there. There are simply too many to count.
Oh right... Ok I get it now. Very funny. ¬__¬

Dinosorcerer

Sep 5, 2013
I could use every ounce of your rage!http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20140131/4967673/jeremy-irons-d-d-o.gif

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Dinosorcerer said:
I could use every ounce of your rage!http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20140131/4967673/jeremy-irons-d-d-o.gif
Here, let me help you with that:
I remember posting this a couple times in the previous WGDF comment section. =3

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for videos. Thank you.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
This should be fun.

I think the last WGDF was the funniest and most biting strip I've seen.

And the response was...delicious.

Poor little white guys making excuses for themselves.

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images. Thank you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RatherDull said:
Legion said:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen. Guess I'll make some popcorn, camp the thread, and try to work out why people are angry about super-sentai Jesus fighting a swarm of bees.
In case you are not joking it is a reference to a previous comic that they did.

WGDF stands for White Guy Defence Force.

The other one was... divisive to say the least.

EDIT: Double Ninja'd.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the Yellow one has a Fedora and is tipping it constantly, plus they mention Euphoric. I don't think I had a clue about those stereotypes back when it first came out.
Beta holding an MLP doll was crossing the line in my opinion.
That was my favorite part about the last comic. =P

Under_your_bed

Sep 15, 2012
RatherDull said:
Please tell me this is not in response to the shooting...
I hope it is. The entire universe will implode on itself in a storm of white-hot rage. The Escapist will basically become reverse-tumblr.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So it begins.

Actually, I'm curious. Is this just a one-off callback, or are you actually planning something here?

If the latter, I eagerly await the whining and gnashing of teeth.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I can't say I was ever a fan of the first comic. Baiting people to real anger seems like poor comedy to me. There was a viciousness to it that never sat right with me. Right or wrong, if a similar comic had been written about any other group/subject, there is no doubt in my mind many more people would have found it appalling. I will likely always be astounded at the cognitive dissonance people can hold on controversial subjects.

Aug 1, 2010
Oh goodness me.

Despite me being one of the people that took a tad bit of issue with the last one, I am deeply excited about the prospects of another one of those threads.

With any luck 4chan will pay another visit. That's when things got really interesting last time.

For maximum effect I recommend combining race issues [i/]and[/i] gender issues into a single super-topic.

RatherDull said:
I take it back. THIS needs to be the topic. That would just be incredible.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RatherDull said:
RJ 17 said:
RatherDull said:
Legion said:
I've got no idea what's going on or what this comic is about, but clearly something is going to happen. Guess I'll make some popcorn, camp the thread, and try to work out why people are angry about super-sentai Jesus fighting a swarm of bees.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the Yellow one has a Fedora and is tipping it constantly, plus they mention Euphoric. I don't think I had a clue about those stereotypes back when it first came out.
Bronies get enough **** for going against the grain for what they love.

Not an MLP fan myself but I can empathize with them on this one.
Do you understand that that's exactly why it was put into the comic in the first place? The entire comic - from start to finish - was specifically designed to poke as many possible hornets' nests as they could. That's why they're not just making up "white guy" excuses. Red is a "bro", Blue is a "brony", and Yellow has a fedora. It's layers upon layers of flame-bait!

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
TopazFusion said:
RJ 17 said:
Soooooooooooooooooo many bans. I'm surprised the mods didn't just up and lock the comment section like they do for regular threads that seem specifically designed to get people banned. =3
Unfortunately, we can't lock Featured Content or News Room threads.
We can only lock user-made threads, not officially-made threads.

And yeah, the previous WGDF thread became the final resting place for sooooo many users.

I'm sure everyone has learned their lesson, and will behave themselves admirably in the next thread? [small]Oh, who am I kidding...[/small]
Silly, silly Topaz - you know everybody's either going to go Leeroy Jenkins in this ***** or just watch from the sidelines. I hope you like Hearthstone, because you're going to have to do a LOT of Control. >:p

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Ah, Grey, you are so deliciously malicious.

I don't think I can look...

Zachary Amaranth said:
RatherDull said:
I think it's probably more to do with people screaming "SJW" every five seconds.
I think it's in response to the "#NotAllMen" trend that popped up in response to the "#YesAllWomen" one on Twitter.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RatherDull said:
RJ 17 said:
RatherDull said:
RJ 17 said:
RatherDull said:
Legion said:

Bronies get enough **** for going against the grain for what they love.

Not an MLP fan myself but I can empathize with them on this one.
Do you understand that that's exactly why it was put into the comic in the first place? The entire comic - from start to finish - was specifically designed to poke as many possible hornets' nests as they could. That's why they're not just making up "white guy" excuses. Red is a "bro", Blue is a "brony", and Yellow has a fedora. It's layers upon layers of flame-bait!
I thought they were caricatures for the people who have kneejerk reactions to claims of racism or sexism in media or society.
Indeed they were, but Grey wasn't saying that bronies have knee-jerk reactions to racism/etc. They knew that the topic for that comic was likely to gain a lot of heat considering the nature of this forum. On any given day you can always find at least 3 topics created on sexism/racism/gender issues/what-have-you somewhere on this site. But why stop there? They decided to go all out and just started adding in little details to rope in even MORE heat. Which is why Twilight Sparkle is tucked comfortably under Blue's arm. It's why Yellow's current status is Euphoric. It's why Red thinks that Erin is "mirin'".

As I said: it's layers upon layers of flame-bait. The entire comic is flame-bait just for the topic that it's addressing. All the little details in the comic are just flame-bait sprinkles on top.