What accent can you do best?

Hoagster51

Jun 8, 2010
I am Australian and I can do a passable new york accent, boston accent and texas accent plus carrabian and scottish. I can do a new Zealand accent aswell but strangly not a south african which is weird as they are very very similar.

BigDeadMushy

May 4, 2011
I've actually been trained a little in various accents,but my most proficient are easily irish,english RP,southern american and cockney.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
When I get REALLY drunk, I scream at people in Russian... Does that count?
No... That's a language...

I'm really good at doing a revolting "Buzzard Baptist" southern accent. It's so thick it would make Grama Clampett's ears bleed, and when I go barefoot in my overalls with my shitty guitar strapped around my back I can actually convince people that I'm a Hillbilly from the 1800's.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I can do a really good German accent and the standard, it seems to me, an English one.

I'm trying to figure out how to do a Russian accent, I can do it poorly, but rolling the 'r's is a little tough for me, hmm... maybe vodka can fix that!

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I used to have a character called "LoQuita," and she was a transsexual Puerto Rican prostitute...with sass. She always ended up sounding more like Louis Guzman than a transsexual prostitute, though. My Kenyan pansexual go-go dancer also sounds like Don Cheadle.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Pretty good british accent but gotta go for indian, I like to piss off friends of mine prank calling them on private and pretending to be a telemarketer, never gets old.
Non reality accents I cam also speak Wookie/Chewbacca pretty well it scares people how real it sounds.
Mate of mine does a really good Golum/Smeagle from LOTR as well.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
I'm Dutch, but I have a quite impressive British accent. People often think I'm a native speaker.

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
I naturally have a German accent but due to being made fun of for it I force myself into a southern accent almost 24/7, the only time I speak with my German accent is when I am around friends and family. Also I do a pretty good Russian accent if I do say so myself.

Ixnay1111

Mar 11, 2011
I can do an awesome Aussie accent, but then again i am Aussie...

I've noticed that most people who try to impersonate another language don't quite hit the nail on the head, even though they think they do.

You see, you know the little differences to your own accent that someone of another accent wouldnt understand and therefore be able to immitate.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
I can do a pretty good Russian accent, or so my friends tell me. Basically it is a russian accent with an occasional word of Russian thrown in (e.g. Da).

I can also do 'upper-class English person', not too hard considering I am a middle-class English person.

The accents I can do well (but not really good enough to make someone think it's my real voice in any way ever) are Eddie Izzard doing James Mason or Eddie Izzard doing Shaun Connery.

Finally I can do a few phrases in 'President Kennedy'.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
Indian. Like, from India. Years of dealing with sub-par tech support, and I picked up a thing or two.

I used to think Jamaican was my best. But then when I was using it, some guy asked me if I was Irish. So, I guess I found out pretty quick that my Jamaican accent sucks.

Rems

May 29, 2011
English, Scottish and German, no doubt because i've lived in those countries and have family members of those nationalities.

SpiderOneSix

Apr 12, 2011
Perhaps my British accent but I'm the only generation of Australian's in my family (the rest of my family are British) so it's kinda cheating. I do a pretty good Russian one I've been told

Caulk

Mar 11, 2011
Does talking like Elvis count?
Otherwise I'm good at Londony British (I have no idea what it's called), Indian, French, Irish, Russian, American(I can do Southern, Boston, the normal thing you hear in most movies, and 1930's Mobster), Arabic, Jamaican, Australian and a bit of Scottish.
Also i have a friend that can somehow do a perfect Ottoman era Turkish accent.

I'm pretty good with accents. :p

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Sarcasm...thats one right, British (Lol im english) and Indian, them callers, they are my teachers and my enemies...