What are some "bad" movies that you like?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I like James Camerons Avatar well enough. I hear people talk about how bad it is all the time and I kinda agree with their points.

And yet........It looked pretty and had a cool battle at the end, that's all I really want out of a movie. If I wanted a good story then I would read a book or watch an anime.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
The Village ^^ do agree
Transformers Trilogy
G.I. Joe (dunno what the general opinion on it is but I think its kick ass)
Indiana Jones meets Even Stevens
Green Lantern was alright I guess
most 'shaky cam' movies: Blair Witch, Cloverfield (the best), Quarantine..etc

Batman and Robin. The movie is just fucking hilarious I love it. Its pure superhero cheese, something modern superhero movies don't want to do because apparently spandex is the only thing that can be silly in a superhero movie. Plus Uma Thurman aint bad on the eyes.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Pretty much anything with Nicolas Cage. The guy's a terrible actor, but he somehow always manages to be amusing to me.

Although, that said, I do actually consider "The Rock" to be a pretty good action movie, regardless of Cage's involvement. Connery and Harris stole the show anyway.

Nouw said:
Definitely Starship Troopers. It's a great satire and it proves that Paul Verhoeven is a time-traveler! [http://www.cracked.com/article_19259_6-mind-blowing-ways-starship-troopers-predicted-future.html]
Have you seen the sequels? They're pretty bad... the second one is just a cheesy knock-off of John Carpenter's "The Thing." The third one though is bad in the very best of ways.

It has a pop-singing Sky Marshal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_6JWxoC9c

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Instant K4rma said:
The Blade movies have always had a special place in my heart. Yes, they're corny. Yes, they're cheesy, but I still have an undying love for Wesley Snipes killing vampires.
The Blade movies were awesome, in that they are so cheesy and bad that they are awesome. I was really watching the movies just for Wesley Snipes being a badass.

OT: Do the Resident Evil movies count as bad? I love those movies, and I know exactly what I'm getting into and I'm totally fine with it. It's fun watching Milla Jovovich defying all sorts of gravity and murdering zombies as she goes.

Agree on the Blade ones :p And the same reasons you gave applied to 'From Paris With Love' for me, so cheesy, yet for some reason I liked it :)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I'm kind of spacing when it comes to movies, but I'll say that I'm something of a fan of horror movies, both good ones and absolutly cheezy ones. The only ones I usually don't wind up liking are SLOW horror movies where not much happens.

I could point fingers to things like my enduring fandom of things like the "Nightmare On Elm Street" series or "Phantasm" but for all the criticisms leveled at them these are series that went on for multiple installments, and made tons of money and enduring film legacies. I don't know if you can call any of them objectively bad looking at the overall legacy.

I guess to throw out some random stuff the movies "Blood Gnome", "Death Of A Ghost Hunter", and "Behind The Mask, The Leslie Vernon Story" to all be quite entertaining when I watched them on Netflix, and I don't think any of them could be considered good by any objective standard, nor do they have an enduring prescence to lend doubts to their status as relative failures. Those I all watched on Netflix and should put some perspectives on the kinds of bad horror movies I've enjoyed.

In the long term I suppose "Prince Of Darkness" and "Ghosts Of Mars" both by John Carpenter being a couple of my favorite 'B' horror movies of all time count. The former, "Prince Of Darkness" is one I feel should get a LOT more recognition than it's received, and be considered more of a cult classic. I guess I'm wierd seeing as I liked that one a lot more than "The Thing". "Ghosts Of Mars" is pure cheese, combining sci-fi action, and the combined tropes of zombies and possessing ghosts into one picture, it features Natasha Henstrige, Ice T, and Jason Statham fairly early in his career. Sometimes I can't believe that someone actually made that movie, and what's more that I feel like I'm the only 'B' movie fan who has ever seen it. :)

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
Critics never seem to take well to any of the exploitation films made in the wake of Grindhouse... But boy oh boy did I have fun with Hobo with a Shotgun! Children being massacred on a bus with a flamethrower while 'Disco Inferno' plays in the background... Brilliant!

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Does "The Three Musketeers" count as a bad movie? Critics hated it, a lot of fans of the original novel hated it, but I loved it.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Commando. Arnold had super powers in that film. It was the most awesomely bad action movie ever. A close runner up would be Action Jackson. Carl Weathers outruns a taxi cab and gets into a karate fight with Coach. It's glorious.
But..neither of those can match up to the best bad movie in my eyes: Flash Gordon. Sure, it was camp, but there was honest to god effort put into that film. It was beautiful, it had production values and it was TERRIBLE. But it was so gloriously goofy I love it to death.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yes I like the first Transformers film but I hated the sequels.
Also yes I do like the film Daredevil. Seriously I think people were ok with it during the first new waves of superheroes films but now superheroes films are now mainstream (not a bad thing) people hate it with a passion.
I also don't get the hate toward the Butterfly Effect as I think it had a excellent moral to it.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Um...Nacho Libre...
Pretty much my favorite [sub]Jack Black[/sub] movie.
So yeah I'm not ashamed of that internet....
Uh, I'll just go now.

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
Event Horizon, Pitch Black, Pandorum, The Johnny English films. They are incredibly bad, but I am a sucker for dark space horror, and the Johnny English films.... I don't know, I had a good laugh at some moments.

Redworld13

Jul 27, 2010
Id have to go with the room. Hilarious film, which im sure someone else has (or will) mention. Also anything by Uwe Boll, terrible films but still funny.... postal in particular

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I couldn't even begin to list them all. However when I say "bad" movie, I am generally referring to bad movies that are fun to watch like a lot of the ones from the 80s, 70s, etc. A bad movie nowadays is generally just a snorefest, a huge bloated budget and still terrible.
A few bad movies I love are Street Fighter: The Movie, Mortal Kombat, Masters of the Universe, Flash Gordon.

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
I rather like the Resident Evil movies. Not much going on in the plot department but still a fun if brainless action movie.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
I love supposedly "dumb" action films, particularly if it stars Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger. I watch them often, with Demolition Man, Tango and Cash, Predator and Commando being a few from recent memory.

They are awesome.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
him over there said:
I don't remember the name but it was that one where Michael Cera played the awkward teenager...
which one? because most movies where Micheal Cera stars in, he always I mean always play as the awkward teenager.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Random Encounter said:
I rather like the Resident Evil movies. Not much going on in the plot department but still a fun if brainless action movie.
You missed that it's always an hour and a half built around the line ''chicks with guns'' but, yeah, I do agree. I like those. I also ruther liked In Time and Transformers (only the first one, 2 was annoying and 3 was boring) and I kind of like X-Men 3.

Mayhemski

Feb 21, 2012
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man - pure trash, and some of the most blatant sponsorship in movie history.

But has Mickey Rourke at his most coke addled "best"and Don Johnson proving that you you can be out acted buy the props.

Also got a Baldwin in it (Daniel) so ticks so quite a few boxes for cheese...

BelmontWolf

Feb 27, 2012
i like the super mario bros movie =D i never took it too seriously and enjoyed the ride.
i also likes batman and robin arnie as mr freeze was hilarious.