What are some "bad" movies that you like?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
These... Well, someone has to like them... otherwise they wouldn't make them, right?
Yes... for some reason it can go on land for limited time!

Pure epic! It's just a shark with a longer mouth, but that makes all the difference!

Yes... that is a Shark taking out a plane... and yes, the scale of the shark changes depending on what it was attacking! (It was a LOT bigger when it ate the bridge!)

(He is going to do what to him!!??)

Hilarious...

It's a bit hard to tell... but that gun IS her arm!

Apologies for the state of some of the pics... the graphics are not good in these movies, as you can imagine! And yes, there had to be a Japanese gore movie in there... and also Top Gun does fit in that list, as it is the worst film I have ever liked!

On another note... I also really really like Book of Eli, which I know a lot of people didn't..

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
MysticToast said:
I loved Sucker Punch but everyone here seems to hate it.

Honestly, it's a lot deeper than its critics give it credit for.
I like it too! Kinda like Inception meets 300 meets St Trinians...

On that note, St Trinians is also awesome as hell, and not aimed at little kids like you would first expect!! Gemma Arterton is stunning! :p

Random Encounter said:
I rather like the Resident Evil movies. Not much going on in the plot department but still a fun if brainless action movie.
Embarrasingly enough I REALLY like these movies... in fact I have them all since pretty much the day they were released, and I watch them if I have had a bad day! Landing a plane on a roof of a building, (Escape from new york anyone) Motorbike through a church window, THAT red dress... yes, I think I am in love with Alice!!

Aarowbeatsdragon

Jan 27, 2012
im gona go with the resident evil movies here, i enjoy them BECAUSE they dont go the same route as the video games. Im sorry but i dont want to watch something ive played loads of times! i want a new story. although, admitedly, i would prefer it if the main character was someone from the games but whatever at least it has characters from the games in it!

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Is that the one with Travolta? If that's the one you're talking about then yeeah, that movie was a bit of ridiculous, but still pretty funny.
Yea, that's the one. I suppose it helped that Travolta was in it, but still pretty awful :) Probably been mentioned already, but Arnold Schwarzenegger deserves an honourable mention in the category of terrible, cheesy, extremely loveable action movies :p

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
This is a no judgment zone, right? Well, okay, then..

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

I know it's awful. Completely awful. Horrible, even. It holds a special place in my heart, though.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
I loved Disaster Movie when I first saw it, but that was back when I was 13 years old.
Having matured in recent years, I doubt I'd appreciate it as much if I went back to rewatch it.
So let's just say it's shit.

Dr Bodom

Feb 6, 2012
I second Sucker Punch. I was one of two out of the 16 people who I saw it with who liked it, and apparently it got destroyed by critics.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
Batman and Robin. George Clooney gets me every time ;)

Also 'The A Team' movie, I adored it. Stopping a falling tank with said tanks gun? Not likely.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
HandsomeZer0 said:
Equilibrium was awesome, screw the critics.
Equilibrium was amazing. Gunfu? Christian Bale knocking out an entire squad with pistol whip and then proceding to cut through a sword, arm and someones face, AT THE SAME TIME? Twas brainless, but amazing.

Brainless is the wrong word though. The subject matter gave it a lot of depth and the moral and ethical debates going on in the characters minds made the whole thing rather sincere and thought provoking.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Pinkie-Pie-Party said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Is that the one with Travolta? If that's the one you're talking about then yeeah, that movie was a bit of ridiculous, but still pretty funny.
Yea, that's the one. I suppose it helped that Travolta was in it, but still pretty awful :) Probably been mentioned already, but Arnold Schwarzenegger deserves an honourable mention in the category of terrible, cheesy, extremely loveable action movies :p
Yeah he should. I mean, I love Running Man, but that movie was pretty cheesy. Some of the one liners were awful, but then again, a lot of 80s movies had terrible one liners, and only a few were so awful they become awesome.

Gnarynhar

Jan 9, 2010
Hmm, to add one that hasn't been mentioned yet, I actually liked Ghost Rider okay, although I'll admit I liked it best with the commentary.
I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Demolition Man, Hudson Hawk, Down Periscope, and probably a few others that I've forgotten, and/or that I just don't know that they're considered "bad", as on the whole, I ignore critics.

And I'd argue that Flash Gordon was not a "bad" movie per say, it's just that it's old and pure cheese.

And in the end, what's wrong with the occasional chunk of cheese?

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Transformers Trilogy...I am on the fence about Revenge of the Fallen, definitely the worse of the 3
I like Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith, Attack was not as good.
They are the only films that tend to be smoked when mentioned.

Slipped Mind

Apr 3, 2009
Blazing Saddles, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, most of the movies directed by Mel Brooks, in fact.

And BioZombie, which I watched one night by accident whilst drunk. It was dubbed and it was ace, although the alcohol might have amplified the funny in my mind.